PVP Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

:p Thanks for that You can probably guess that I do not PvP in game at all but the point is the only way to get PvP marks in to PLAY the game and join PvP matches. So basically as I mention if they would start selling PvP marks on the market all anyone would need to do is pull out their credit card and buy stuff.. No WIN or LOSE would be required. You know kind of like the way all of the Holiday events are these days. Show up day 1 of any event and there are more players crowded around the vendor than the contact handing out missions.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No, and no. You need to look up the definition of "pay to win." Yout very mistaken to think that any marks for sale would win you anything.

Why even have replays and weekly lockouts. Just sell everything for real money. That is one sure way to tank this game faster than it's doing to itself.

As for the state of PvP. Sure, it's not good. So many say it's broken. It's not broken, its just what we have currently. Is it good, no. Is it playable, very much.

I recently, like last month, did almost 200 lair duels. No legends, just arenas. Que times were hit or miss. Best was on the weekend.

This is a slow time in the game. Lots of time to work on feats.
    • Like x 2
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I said PSEUDO pay-to-win. You can have the best gear in the game but if both don't have equal sp or maxed artifacts then the one who does will be better. I think most if not all are delusional in that sense. I already explained myself. You can obtain source marks which can be used to obtain styles from vendors which upon completion gives you a feat. There are tons of styles you can use source marks with. Same with tributes and sand dollars. Please I seen threads about people complaining about artifacts exp and it's requirements being in the marketplace. You or anyone who denies that it is not a PSEUDO pay-to-win are delusional. Same can be said about capsules which are tied to feats. Guess what, Mega Resurgence Capsules give you feats by simply opening 15 such as Kryptonian capsules, Atlantean and so on. These examples are based on PVE to highlight the marketplace. The only thing that's in the marketplace are legend characters.
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thank you for the unbiased and constructive criticism. A lot of people can learn from you lol
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I have no real dog in this fight. I've got my 101 gear already, all the style related PvP feats and most of the PvP content feats (I'm looking at you 10K knockouts), so this would not benefit me at all. I don't PvP unless supremely bored and many times my PvP armory is locked (not enough SP applied) out so I just go in standard gear as I can't armory switch on the fly.

That having been said, I'm not sure why selling the PvP marks (or making some source-PvP conversion system...Legends marks to PvP at least) is any different than selling source, selling XP, the 90 SP given in jump tokens, etc. When in a PvP match, the stats are boosted anyway, so you don't really have a HUGE advantage over someone in low PvP armor or PvE even. As someone else said (Brit I think) a skilled player in standard gear will still wipe the floor with an unskilled player in 101 gear. Believe me I know...as I'm an unskilled PvP'r with 101 gear and get my butt kicked all the time (hence the reason I don't PvP much).

Personally I'm more concerned that they would give away the PvP content feats. Let someone buy their way to the gear...fine...then when they eventually go for the 50 star labs and 100 safehouses or 25 outbacks, etc...., they will feel pretty stupid as they sit maxed at 6250 with nothing left to buy. In the meantime it's more cash that DI doesn't need to come sniffing around the rest of us for. Think about it, even if you sold 5000 marks for 10 bucks it would take about 100 bucks to complete a PVP CR set. If someone is that gung ho on spending cash on this game, I'd say let them do it...maybe it will pump enough cash and interest in so PvP will get some attention. As long as the PvP marks on sale/conversion don't come along with a 102 set of gear that costs 10K per piece to force the rest of us to look at buying some too.
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I remember when Orbit (Retired) got mad because he had a lot of skill points and someone beat him in pvp so I totally agree pvp is based on skill more than anything. You know how much it cost to get 25 quarks in the quarks vendor? It cost 100 source marks. A capsule can give you more than that. Sometimes I get 30 quarks on top of the usual 10. You also made some points that many refuse to acknowledge.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just to clarify....I'm not saying they 'should' be sold, just that if they are sold, it's not any different than all the other things you can buy today, which appear to be acceptable(source are sold, XP is sold, cats are sold). Also, the fact that IF people were buying PvP marks at the rate needed to advance from 0 gear to 101 gear, DI might say 'Hmm....maybe we should actually look at working on PvP", which might benefit all of us.

I'd prefer none of it were sold and you'd have to 'earn' everything (and with trade-wins a known thing along with things like 1st boss only Elite runs....some...and I'm not discounting myself from that... who 'earned' it didn't really 'earn' it either). However, that does bring in the dirty subject of money...if DI lost all those revenue streams (marks, cats, XP, CR skips), they'd make it up elsewhere...meaning we'd be hit with something maybe even more distasteful like level 240 artis or strange and powerful shoulder augments that can only be purchased in the MP and upgraded with 'uber-cats' you get from TCs.....whoops...I've said too much already....disregard that last bit DI.

But yeah..if it were to happen (not saying it's even in progress) I wouldn't rail against it as some would. I'd also never buy a single one as I've never bought source or cats from the MP (XP....yeah, did that some) or a CR skip...I'll take my 1 of those per year and advance a bank toon thanks.
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

And as I was saying which you acknowledged, if they are selling source marks, artifacts exp and so on, then why wouldn't Pvp marks. I have two Playstation accounts. My OG and my new one. I spend hundreds of dollars on the OG account and the amount of hours I put into it. For personal reasons I made a second account. I wasn't going to spend hundreds of hours doing the same thing again when I have the chance to skip Cr and other stuff. It's just funny how players are so hell bent because at one point they earned their marks and now they are mad because all their work can be bought. LOL get over it. This is the business of the game. Just adapt or continue with your past logic.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

There is no way to "win" in PVE content in the same sense as you would in PVP. Everyone is on the same team and receives the same rewards at the end of an instance. Scoreboard chasing doesnt get you anything more than the other members of your group. PVP is a completely different game in itself. There is actual competition involved in PVP. Comparing PVP to PVE is apples to oranges. They arent the same thing and it is a reach to pretend they are
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I compared the two because in the marketplace you can buy different marks. I never claimed PVE and PVP are the same. I simply made a comparison on buying marks on the martketplace. While there is no 'win' in pve but there is in pvp, you cannot deny people don't even play pvp they just afk to get marks because at the end of the day you still 'win'. There is literally no pvp update for many years. PVE has more feats attached than PVP. One can simply change the pvp styles into a different mark so that the actual pvp 97 or 101 gear aren't affected. Like in a pvp vendor that has no stats just the style itself. Is that so wrong to wanting to buy the marks just for that purpose? You can already do that to pve gear.