PVP Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

We have different marks on the marketplace but not pvp despite pvp not getting any love for reasons stated by devs but why do we not have pvp marks for sale on the marketplace?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because that would be directly pay to win.
    • Like x 4
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

its already pay to win by having source marks and sand dollars (use to buy the strongest melee pet trinket in the game) The only difference is pvp is dead there's no plan to update it so why not? Surely ya'll want money
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not really, Source Marks doesn't buy the best gear or the latest gear. And farming for the best Melee pet trinket is trivial enough to not matter.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Source Marks do not give you the best PvE gear but PvP marks can get you the best PvP gear. Boo-tility Belt is actually the best trinket and neither can magically raise you from the bottom of the board to the top.
    • Like x 3
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

Are you serious? Why would you even encourage such an idea?
    • Like x 2
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The Boo trinkets requires all slots to be used so it's situational where as the 50 sand dollar allows you to buy the strongest melee pet trinket. Source marks are not the current best marks but they do allow you to get feat points by buying styles from vendors thus increasing your skill points. Don't deny that this game is a pseudo-pay-to-win. I can go on about artifacts or capsules.
    Because PVP will not get any update anytime soon. The devs said pvp is not important to them. It's been years. They had legends discount on the market place but for some reason pvp marks were left out. You can still use the marks to get pvp styles. This was simply a question out of curiosity. I lost count how much money I wasted on time capsules, skip to cr 250 or 255 can't remember but it gives you about 90 sp. The lantern bundle also gives you a lot of good stuff such as 20 or 30 stabilizers, 200 source marks and so on. I can understand pvp not being on their list to work on but this company has been making money like crazy surely pvp marks on the market place wouldn't hurt no one. The whole vision of the game is related to pve anyways.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Join a trade win group like everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Wouldn't hurt anyone??? A business decision like that would hurt the aspect of PVP in general. We're already fed up enough with the neglect and constant excuses as to why it's in the state that it's in. What you're encouraging, suggesting, or how ever you want to label it is simply the wrong way to go about making money from PVP. And, what they're currently doing upon selling source marks within the marketplace by no means even justifies such. Do you not realize how many were against that idea in itself? We're talking about the kind of thing that does nothing but further ruin a gaming community. As a PVPer among this community, I'm saying HELL NO to that idea. Give the players what they want; it's that simple. It for sure isn't this.
    • Like x 2
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hurt the aspect of PVP? Bro where have you been. The devs stated over and over they have no plans for pvp so how exactly would that hurt pvp? Your comment sounds biased from what you said but this game is a business to them they can't do anything more to ruin pvp lol so while you and others don't like this idea it is based on spending money and that's always a green for them. I don't see any of you guys talking about source marks or sand dollars or tributes. Source Marks can be bought to spend on styles which grant feat. Same with Sand Dollars. Sorry but that's the state of this game. If they find it can make them money you best be sure they're going to do that one day.
  11. Solarbound Committed Player

You tell me how this would benefit the PVP community if you could just start paying your way through to collect all of that PVP gear. It's detrimental to the overall experience and ruins the entire purpose of engaging in such content. Because that is essentially where the problem lies if that's to be incorporated. Do you really think because "it's a business" that it makes such a nonsensical decision okay? Especially, when it's the kind of thing that would only drive more players away from this product? Another reason towards how this would "hurt the aspect of PVP." Yet, that's what you're supporting? Give me a break. Realize, the most successful game companies out there always think to put their players FIRST. Meaning, there's a right and wrong way to go about doing this. And, I'm sorry to tell you, what you're proposing is not the way.

Yet, I question now where have you been, "Bro?" You've never seen us in here disputing the selling of marks? There was an uproar in these forums when the sale of Source Marks was first introduced. You can see such discussions occurring within game through chat logs like Shout and Trade. Are you really as active in this community as your profile tag says? I have heavy doubt that's even the case with you. Also, I get so tired of this narrative being pushed that there are no plans to fix or even update PVP. That's simply unacceptable as it's still a part of the game with an audience for it. Constantly ignoring that only kills the game's truest potential. And, that's not a biased opinion. It's what has to be said. Know the difference.
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Just grind the gear like everyone else had to do
    • Like x 2
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You're speaking with emotion. I get it you guys grinded for your marks therefor it's a NO. I been around since PS3 release. You can't dictate my standing just because my forum account is new. I read and seen a lot of threads that having source marks in the market place is bad along with other things. You realize a simple curious question as to why there's different marks being sold but not pvp despite it being dead and not having any plans to update it got so heated. "Nonsensical decision okay?" It doesn't have to be okay. This isn't about morally. I know you and many others can't accept that fact that there is no plans or future updates for pvp but like I said you're speaking with emotions and as I said as well, the devs had specifically said THERE ARE NO PLANS and it's been years. Get over it. There are some players who actually did the math for pvelegends and it would take many many years to complete it took the devs give or take one or two maybe three years to finally lower the amount if any but they do give bonus marks from time to time.
  14. Solarbound Committed Player

I like how you're throwing around phrases such as "you sound biased" and "you're speaking with emotion" because I'm taking an opposing stance with you on this matter. You've got some audacity and it's the kind of thing that shows you're someone who doesn't get it at all. I requested you to tell me one thing and that was to explain how this would benefit the PVP community. How about the game itself? You don't even have a real answer for that. You just keep pushing a BS narrative. Understand that diminishes your "standing." Especially, when you're someone who isn't that deeply involved in the portion of the community we're speaking of. All of this is much deeper than simply grinding for marks. Therefore, it is about "morality" and even principle.

Yet, it's funny how you're now saying you've seen plenty of threads speaking against Source Marks in the marketplace when you previously stated you never saw any of us having such discussion within these forums. That looks like a bit of a contradiction there, "Bro." So, apparently you actually were aware of this. If you knew prior that players felt such a way towards that, why are you making such a proposal? What purpose does it even serve? All it would do is further break apart the community and that's the last thing this game needs. It's not the direction to take whatsoever. There are much better ways of how they can go about rebuilding the foundation of this game if money is supposedly the primary concern from their end.

And, for the record I don't care what YOU said. When such detrimental problems exist within this community after all of its years, it's not the kind of thing you just get over. We're the ones paying the money, we're the ones supporting the game. Therefore, we have every right to voice our concerns if something deems as unacceptable. What YOU said will NEVER dictate that. Let that be clear. Do you forget why many of us come into these forums in the first place? Stances have to be taken until the appropriate changes are made. Simply put, the players deserve better and your supposed idea doesn't help that at all.

Also, what does PVE Legends have to do with anything? We're talking about PVP, right? I think that's a bit irrelevant to the discussion as you originally presented it. And, out of curiosity, what's your PVP CR? It's the kind of thing that dictates your standing a bit; you know? It just feels like you were never a true part of the PVP community. Which means you really have no place to speak on what should be done with PVP if that's the case with you.
    • Like x 2
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You okay there friend? You sound heated. these phrases aren't without facts. Lorax and someone else responded and I replied without using said phrase but not you. You wrote me a whole story lol then you say you don't care what I said. I think you're just mad that a lot of ideas to improve pvp has been given and VOICED but ultimately it didn't happen because it's not bringing in revenue. You asked me how this would help the pvp community. Well nothing at this point will help pvp because the devs have the ultimate say in this matter. I'm sorry you can't accept that, it's not easy seeing as you been around since 11. I can certainly feel your frustration with the state of pvp but you have to move forward.

You ask me a question then answer it for me? Okay... Look you just said "it's much deeper than grinding for marks it is about morality and principle" That seems to be your problem I believe. You certainly can VOICE your opinions and give ideas such as I did but YOU need to understand that the BS narrative as you put it is LAW, until Mepps says otherwise the state of pvp will stay as such. PVELegends for feats requires pvp parks and the marketplace place sells some legends but you need certain legends to complete said feat in legends.... You still gotta grind.. "Yet, it's funny how you're now saying you've seen plenty of threads speaking against Source Marks in the marketplace when you previously stated you never saw any of us having such discussion within these forums." You took that out of context that and I didn't explain myself enough. Yes there are countless pages and threads about having source marks in the marketplace and so on but so what none of that help and it's in the marketplace because it provides revenue. As I didn't explain myself in that quote of yours I meant that there isn't a recent thread about it because I don't know maybe because it hasn't helped. It's been years. You need to let it go and move on bro. You are the one that needs to understand. Every business is different. Daybreak is no different. If this is how things have been for many years because of reasons given then you are in denial if you can't accept that.

You can continue voicing your concerns as much as you want and for many years to come but at the end of the day it is what it is. I pvped back in the golden ages even when people found out the rifle glitch, when two-face was OP, when devs played against players in pvp matches etc.. but pvp is dead and isn't the primary concern therefor I have no reason to play pvp other than small skill points compared to PVE. Your logic that I don't have no place to speak says a lot about you too huh. Why don't you inbox me with a collective mind when you cool off. I'm not dictating anything, I simply asked a question then gave facts about the state of pvp.
  16. Eve YouTuber

I don't think they should put the marks on Market Place. However if one day they find the time and money to do it, they should revamp PvP. But giving the marks away? No, not a chance. It's not the same as seasonals or the Death of Superman event. Source Marks - It helps with the crazy grind for Catalysts and Artifacts. But It doesn't give you best gear. Best gear = Elite\OP Items, and you have to grind and farm those. So to conclude it - I'm against putting the PvP Marks on Market Place. That's the last thing we need to add there.
    • Like x 4
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

First of all, we're not friends. Secondly, quit trying to insult my intelligence. I gave you a very legitimate case for why such an idea would only contribute to greater problems within this community if that were to happen. The funny thing about you mentioning the other forum members who have shared their take with you on this are all basically telling you same thing. Which, means you're clearly missing the bigger picture. We all understand it's a business, we all understand that they have to make money to some capacity. Yet, I'll reiterate it to you again, there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Do you want to see DCUO thrive, yes or no? Having them follow through on something as absurd as you're proposing will deter that from happening. What do you really care about when it comes to this? It surely isn't the community.

There's no way that you feel my frustration regarding the state of PVP. Because if you truly did, you would've never proposed such nonsense, you wouldn't encourage accepting things as they are given how inexcusable the direction has become, and we'd be fighting for the same thing in terms of what should be done regarding the future of PVP. But, that's not the case is it? This yes-man approach of yours is just sickening. If such is "LAW" as you say, we would've never been given such a platform to speak up and challenge that. Plenty of other gaming communities out there who have band together for such changes to be made within their own respect. We've had a few cases of that here in DCUO. So, when I know that's possible and know that it can be done, it's kind of hard to buy into what you're saying regarding to just "let it go." And, you want to talk about being in denial??? That BS narrative of yours, I tell ya.

It's funny how you mention the grind, though. A lot of MMO's are predicated on that; you know? Given how you supposedly did PVP way back in those beautiful Golden Age days from 2011-2013, you've had more than enough time since then to catch up on the highest tier of PVP gear. Or, maybe, I've got you all wrong and you've been away for too long just sitting there stuck in that old T3 Checkmate gear. Man, those were the days. But, it sounds like you just want an easy pass. I'd say the biggest problem I have with that is that there are people throughout these forums who have suggested far better ideas regarding the grind. The best idea given in that respect was probably to simply lower the vendor prices. And, that's fair. The key here is to formulate a structure that's going to encourage more to play. Yet, if they were to go on your silly idea to outright sell PVP marks, what is even the point after that? You're proposing to kill our community.

As far as your question, plenty of us basically gave you the same answer. Which, is no. I just happen to be the one who has been the most passionate about this very topic and I'm okay with that. I don't know what you expected starting this thread, but I'm not here to sugarcoat for you. Simply offering an honest perspective on why many would be against this. I'm sorry if you can't accept that;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I have my PvP gear. I earned it through matches. I do not care if somebody else wants to purchase their way to it.

First off, if they're paying money for it just for the styles... meh. Those styles are also available in lockboxes, and styles like the Nightwing one are even monetized into the Gotham bundle. It's not like the fact that I PvP'd to get those styles makes them special or PvP exclusive. So if Dimensional Ink wants to monetize them further... /shrug.

Second, if they're paying money to skip the grind and get the later tier PvP gear to actually use it for PvPā€¦ well... good? Yes, I've got my Deadshot suit. But when I do PvP (since there haven't been any rewards for me to chase for years), it's really just about trying to have a fun match here and there. And if my opponents have gear, the matches should be more competitive, which will make them more fun. In contrast, however, if I was all bent out of shape about making sure my gear allowed me to get more wins than the next guy, I'll be the one to say it: somebody with PvP101 gear but no experience is going to lose to somebody with PvP97 gear but lots of practice. Gear matters a lot less than experience when it comes to PvP. I'm not talking about skill; I'm talking about experience. As in knowing what the PvP meta is, what is broken, what is overpowered, and what you have to do to win.

Third, well, if I really enjoyed PvP (which I only moderately do, hence why I've largely quit playing it ever since capping the rewards), then it really just comes down to having other people actually playing it. Some people might argue that by selling those marks, the players won't play it. I counter with the idea that if somebody is spending hundreds of dollars on PvP gear, then I would hope that they will actually use it and work on getting some of the feats they skipped out on. And if they are so anti-PvP that they'll spend hundreds of dollars on pvp gear but never queue for PvP, then I really don't think they were going to play it anyways to earn that gear through matches, so it's not like we lost anyone from queuing.

And last, even if they were willing to play to earn it, they earn those marks even when they lose. No part of PvP requires the player to actually be good. You can get full Deadshot without ever winning a match. Tons of players earn their gear through bogus methods like win-trading. Is buying it really worse than AFK farming it or win trading? At least when a player buys it, they're not ruining matches for the players who want to play it legitimately, and also the game makes a little extra money off of it. I'd consider both of those things a positive.

Ultimately it doesn't effect me, so I really don't care. But honestly, when I look at it from an objective standpoint, I really don't see much of a reason why not.
    • Like x 3
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just to add in... Tons of ways to get source marks including vault missions (oh the horror of that terrible battle just to earn 1 mark<--- does the sarcasm show enough here? LOL). Also do higher CR missions and then transfer any of that currency to marks when it gets old enough Hate to say it but i have 7 ALT with more than 3000 Marks and that's after I bought a huge amount of Catalysts off Constantine with them.

Now what is the ONLY way to "earn" PvP marks? Oh yeah WIN and PvP match. Selling them IS Pay to Win
  20. Brit Loyal Player

I fixed your comment slightly, since you seemed to be confused. Winning is not required to get PvP marks. Losers receive them as well.
    • Like x 1