PvP Debuff Serums & PvP Debuff Grenades - Changes

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

We've been looking at these items since people have started to mention some issues they have been having with them. We're going to continue to examine their use. Right now we are going to make the following change:

- Debuff Serums and Debuff Grenades will now share the same cool down group as Soder Colas.

This will significantly throttle their use in a given match. This change will likely hit with GU25. If more changes occur or are pending, I'll update this thread.
    • Like x 25
  2. thelostczarnian New Player

awesome! this is badassery at its finest!
    • Like x 1
  3. Dynamo New Player

nice
    • Like x 2
  4. Mini Lini Loyal Player

That's pretty awesome, thanks for taking everyone's feedback about maybe doing something with the cool down!
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

that works

edit: follow up, zesti packs share the same cooldown as our soder so its either you use your soda or use a serum/debuff right? or are you making them separate internal cooldowns?
    • Like x 1
  6. HolyCrusader Active Player

its a start in the right direction... as long as it does share a cooldown with all soders. having it separate really doesn't do much...
  7. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Shared - same cooldown. It will be one or the other then you wait.
    • Like x 3
  8. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Thanks for listening to us whine all day, Jens. You've been awesome today with laying things out for us to understand, and with the shared cooldown for serums and grenades with soder colas; me likey.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yallander Loyal Player

Works for me, so it ends up being one or the other basically.
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Thanks Jens! :D Luv the shared cooldown, GU:25 is getting better and better. Keep this up and I will pay $10 for it as if it was a DLC.
    • Like x 3
  11. BumblingB I got better.

This is nice response to everyone's feedback (and whines). Makes it give more strategy than to just be popping those serums all day. Good move devs! :)
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I'd pay $10 for it just as it is... It's a great Update so far and is addressing so many things everyone has asked for! This will shut us all up for a while xd
    • Like x 2
  13. Zicorahk Well-Known Player

About dang time. It was not only tanks but controllers were practically almost useless in PvP when they are against a healer using a serum. All they can do is just give power, not debuff at all. I'm glad this is happening, hopefully now I can go back to enjoying pvp where controllers have the upperhand to take down healers and not just stand there giving power.
    • Like x 4
  14. Zypher New Player

Finally.
  15. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Agreed. PvP can feel more like a semi-fair fight now while tactfully choosing which consumable to use at any given time. Sort of like Batman needing to be ready with something to use from his utility belt at all times, this will certainly go a long way to making players feel more resourceful in combat.
    • Like x 1
  16. Madholm New Player

Awesome news!

I don't think these things are very prevalent outside of battles between PvP leagues, but they still needed to be toned down. Simply having consumables that were/are more powerful than the 2 role specific functions (debuff, cleanse) was just a bad idea and needed a huge whack of the nerf bat.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dump Truck New Player

I think the whole debuff grenade/serum argument never struck a chord with me. The issue seems more about the tank role in pvp.
  18. Nitefelina New Player

I know they weren't used by mane people, but the people who do use them pop them faster then Tic Taks.
  19. SupertoadLive Well-Known Player

Sweet Sassy Molassey! Now I don't have to be this guy...

[IMG]
    • Like x 16
  20. TrueMarvel New Player

You guys are smart. for real. Sharing coodowns with sodas is a genius mechanic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.