PS5 UpDate Devs or Players that know coding this engine.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, May 18, 2022.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

so. Being. we are getting the PS5 upgrade, though the game will still be sharing the server with the ps4, i have a few questions, curiosities.
    obviously once you update / upgrade the current build of the game to a ps5s dev kit, there will be quite a few road blocks lifted. the following are my guesses. if you have a opinion like
    "so and so talking out of bum"...
    "this game sucks, make a dcuo 2" or "BETTER GRAPHICS FOR SURE MAKE IT HAPPEN" "or one i hear alot "they should upgrade this game to the unreal 5 engine". among statements like that i'd like to kind of avoid cause as most know, when the game was move to ps4, from ps3, we saw improvements, among with a graphics CLEAN UP / MODEL Rework for some of the npcs, to make them look better, "some characters got brand new looks, some just got current looks, converted to custom mesh works instead of using launch ps3 character limitations to say make Constantine, if you look at a screen shot of Constantine, at Gotham wasteland when the dlc launched, opposed to how he looks now, you'll be able to tell exactly what i mean.
    i expect a similar maybe . just a clean up with the extra virtual memory being the ps5, is pretty much able to play any client this game can produce on pc, with this engine. so will we see...

1. less glass ceilings in dlcs, " if u notice in much of the older dlcs, you can fly higher, nearly as much as main metropolis and Gotham, not as high but, it gets lower as the limitations were pushed on the ps4. can we xpect a update or change in that area?
    2. Larger cities for dlcs? when War of the light 1 came out, we were hinted at, once War of the light 3 came out and that story was played out , much like from WOL1 and 2, with the HUGE chunk of Metropolis in wol 1 that opened up the Sections of the city, Midtown, spreading north east. then with WOL 2, it opened up where wol1 was glass walled off from mid to north east, we got south of that, down to the waters edge nearly on one of the boardwalks, with Indigo Lantern color construct walls, blocking us from entering the at the time in development i would assume WOL 3 Area, opening up indigo lanterns, and orange territories , sadly since they turned the content into episodes, we got like 2 or 3, updates with a duo, challenge, alert and raid, along with a weak "NEW" section created for battlezone metropolis but, it wasn't even apart of it, containing monk NPC giving u a mission to subdue some black lanterns, sucking the life out of some regular lanterns. " i believe this is the easiest Set of DLCs to view and point out, what was planned , what they weren't able to do, due to time, and resources , whether it be Deadlines, Change in plans, or memory / mesh coding for the size of the original plan for WOL3.
    P.S i am not a Developer or coder, i failed it in college, mainly cause i couldn't concintrate on HTML and mindless stuff, but i excelled in electronics, circuitry , computer hardware, Software troubleshooting/install, "residential wiring, blah blah blah, i basically know how to and build my own PCs, for Temp work, and recreationally. so i know about coding only from talking and testing mods/builds of games.

3. I believe water, was the last power correct? due to powers being a big resource of v memory in the build taking up alot of space in a build on the PS4/PS3, that is why we haven't seen a new power in a long time. as well as why we didn't get rage and blue lanterns at the same time due to animation differences, being so different, they wanted to make rage/hope like LIGHT, where both sides use same roles, the constructs, have minor changes, with the items that is produces, but, with rage, you have the vomit of rage blood, pulsating animations, and taking Blue lanterns, and trying to change the rage animations, subtle ways to be different, but ended up being like a second power in my opinion, and the Mesh's imports created for the Blue lantern build, if you look, they are very saint walker esk, with some tai chi , chaining construct attacks, but added a shark, and made the energy look like water, it's the only thing i can guess happened, plus, after hearing jens on stream when it was coming out.

i really just wanto know the roadmat ish, or plans on what they are going to do with the update, or if there is going to be a map type of notes post on updating to ps5, and if so, when will we find out.

4. added weapon styles, don't know what, either adding a couple new or maybe redoing / adjusting some of the current ones, like with Duel wield, needs to have a second or different stance, other then the 1 nightwing type one, it works for batons, but, holding two kitanas one is going through my head. just wondering

5. more Movement styles, for the movement style tab, along with fixing the PlayStation Light stream problem i keep hearing about. i believe its working as intended, i see it fine on pc, it never went away.
    maybe add some unique new movement animation styles, "NOT only a style to go with the newly added last year Reverse speed force and speed force styles, showing a actual speedforce finally definitively has a look with the enhanced, regular speedforce/ reverse speedforce back pieces, with the speedster suits, along with the Fan favorite Speed force Conduit, which just makes you have more of the speedforce around your upper body, while being the same speedforce look as the styles. Lightning is awesome everyone has to know lightning shooting out of your body while you run is cool as hell, but with it at first being the only speedforce type of animation for the speedster movement, and matching the lightning power, but it is not the speedforce, so adding a Red speedforce / reverse speedforce movement style for flight/speed/acro, is choice, along with a Regular yellow ish speedforce movement style both matching the non enhanced colorable versions of the speedforce style.

From what i have been told by some coders I've talked to, all of this is achievable , in better look with the ps5 and some, it just comes down to the licensing rights for the speedforce, which are obviously more then what you had 5 years ago, we have emblems, cowls, suits, for bats, flash, superman,

6. the last thing i think should be changed/ maybe updated , i mentioned new powers, but more specifically, the iconic power tree. What we have now. is fine, but ps5, and a MMO that beat the odds, and is over 10 years old, going to it's third console generations on PlayStation, while staying with the PC servers. No other Traditional MMO has EVER had that feat. im speaking specifically MMOs not any first person shooters, SOE before making DCUO, there mmos were all on PC only, the ps server share is huge, and to last so long, WB, even though they have let some questionable decisions, with most of "i wont get into it, you are doing a fine job with this property in no way is it a failure, if you lasted this long. keep it up
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

well, since you requested ppl only post here if they are a dev or know ps5 coding, i guess i wont post here. WHEW!! because i read ur wall of text twice and i still dont know what you want to "discuss" :p

but on a serious note, i drudged thru a bunch of ps5 reddits about dcuo, and everyone is, like you didnt want, saying they want a dcuo2 and the weirdest part is, the only reason they give is because this one is "old".

I tried to find some of the answers to some of your very specific questions, but to no avail. goodluck!
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Just to lower expectations, I'm pretty sure nothing that couldn't be done right now will be possible when the PS5 launches, except for stuff specific to that platform. Games are always limited by the least powerful hardware, which is the switch.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

I know a bit of coding and the PS5 update is a graphic update, not an engine update. The graphic update they are still using the coding of Unreal 3 which is still the backbone of the game. The things you want would be upgrading to Unreal Engine 4 or 5 and that...well thats a lot lol
    • Like x 4
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

im pretty sure, since the Switch version of the game is not on the same servers as PS/PC, and Xbox, and or any other , it's on its own, i think the Switch client is a shrunk down version of the game, not saying it doesn't have the same content, im just saying, it may have some tricks done, to it, being, the system itself, couldn't run the PC client as it is, without being rendered down, and having little things reworked, i also think, maybe they don't have every little bit of content the main servers have, when itcomes to certain features, not gameplay , but maybe items, but i don't know.... i have never touched the switch version, i just find it hard to imagine, they would not use the ps5, specially once they goto ps4 pro only/ps5, it just seems like a waste of calling it a upgrade. as though i usually do , i am speculating. i am not sure at all.
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea, thats one thing i do know, is, taking a unreal three or older game engine build of any game, unless using a emulator, you pretty much would have to rebuild the game in most cases, but i know they can convert unreal 4, to unreal 5 , i believe, from what i have read, cause from people i have spoke too, and just reading from games coming out as well. if you have heard of that probably to good to be true game, the day before , apparently they are moving it from unreal 4, to unreal 5, and it is possible without rebuilding the entire client, to some extent.
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

thanks for your reply, i know i have chicken scratch typing, i am just not that good at sentence structure, i just try and make paragraphs, and punctuate the best i can, w/o spell check i couldn't even post lol

:) lol, yea exactly, that's and no offence to PlayStation players, i use a ps5 as well. but not for Dcuo, but, all im saying is, Being this DCUO is the First MMO that was built to release on both PC and PS3 servers, no conversion, as well as sharing the same server, / phases.

there are lots of players that talk a lot of mess on this game for not "updating its graphics" "getting a sequel" "feel its just too old" on that alone even if they don't try it, they will go against it. as well as new to mmo ps accounts, that don't know the Original Everquest 1 and 2, 1999 and 2004 releases are up still, planet side 2,2006 i believe, is up, LOTR online, 'launched 2007, still up, and more, not to mention wow, heh. there are are going to be TONS of people that either really don't care, or don't understand that MMOs, are played for time spent, aged accounts with lots of achievements, armor collections. styles, furniture collections. Meeting and running raids with new people, making friends to game with, "the last thing not as quality as it use to be, cause jumping online and playing a huge game is not a big deal anymore for fps games on console, same as pretty much any other game that goes online.
    Going online to game isn't a experience you don't have to play a Account "rent" Fee, to log in at all, of 14.99 a month like wow still has,
    most online games, are f2p, and are games for a service. opposed to investing the money you would rent games for in a month, into a PC MMO instead. "on the subject" this game really should drop the legendary price, to 10 bucks, same as most Battlepasses, cause let's be honest, thats what it is, even if they started charging 5 bucks for the dlc, i would love to have a 10 dollar sub fee for legendary. this game has been grandfathered in to keeping that , cause it was with all the other mmo's when it came out, same with Swtor, both need to be from 7.99, to 9.99 a month, not 15$.
    MMOS from 2000s, to 2014, and MMOS from 2015 to present, are apples and oranges, due to Fortnite, and CSGO skins taking over, and shaking up the entire way companies started looking at structure of online gaming, and sadly MMOs got caught up in the cross fire.
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They can do small client specific upgrades, like they did when the PS4 launched and the PS3 was the bottleneck and in this case they can probably make better use of the PS5 SSD to decrease loading times for PS5 users, but dont expect new features, items or systems just because of that
    • Like x 1
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

there can certainly be more items and variants of what is in the game, upgrading to a better console, allows you more memory, for more to be shown on the screen at a time, a small example is the glass ceiling , but, it wont go away on the ps4, not sure if they would have 2 builds on the same server just so the ps5 and pc can have a better experience, while having the ps4 be left without stuff like thqat, until the ps5 is the only system / pc is our server, i agree with your statement, about new items, they add new items still. new auras, new movement styles, as long as it doesnt take up more then the required v memory.