Prouders letter for those who havent seen it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Ryll Committed Player

I am not lying or misrepresenting anything in the least. Why don't you go ahead and confirm a count for the both of us.

It doesn't change that some of those people who were on "strike" are probably incapable of seeing that devs were still working on the game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They wouldn’t know the devs were doing anything because they were silent to all our inquiries. We’ve now heard from the new producer which is great but it’s not up to the playerbase to know anything if they’re not told either. As far as we knew the game could’ve closed in April and it sure looked that way.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ryll Committed Player

I doubt the so-called "strike" did anything in the least aside from end your subscriptions.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Ok that might be true but hopefully upper management realizes this. I’m not happy I lost a lot of friends on this game and maybe some will come back but unlikely that all will. I think they once again sacrificed their “sticky” devoted players for the sake of buy everything whales and hopefully we have a decent enough population for the next few episodes. I really hope so.
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

This is such an odd hill to defend....

It was plain to see that there was a vast number of players who were unhappy with the lack of communication and the fact that the only one was for a cash cow.

The numerous "I'm not re-subbing" threads/posts was probably seen as a wakeup call for them to get cracking on getting some positive info out there... and finally let us know of the work that was being done.
    • Like x 4
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Anyways I’m tired of fighting with forum members on here. Maybe we’re all cranky from this rocky start of the year but I’m sure regardless of opinions everyone is hoping things will get better for DCUO. Let’s hope so.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Absolutely. I’m hoping there’s someone in EG7 going “what the hell guys, let’s pull it together here”. Maybe that’s too optimistic of me and there’s this too many chefs in the kitchen not enough cooks to get meals out at Daybreak thing going on but it’s gotta get better there or else it gets worse I guess? Either way time will tell.
  8. Ryll Committed Player

Where did I say anything about not seeing players unhappy?

This post is an example of precisely what I mentioned.

The end of q1 probably had more to do with the postings than anything.
  9. Ryll Committed Player

Eg7? Lol

The information of a "strike" probably didn't even make it out of the studio lol.
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If so that’s bad on their management but it is what is.
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

No.. But.... You seem to have been downplaying the number of unhappy players...

Being how since the report usually comes out towards the beginning of Q1... Who could say what was the final motivation... other than seeing a need to do one... because so many people were unhappy?

And so goes the circle....

Once again... It's just odd.
    • Like x 2
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

If it affected revenue (that was being used for other games)... it might have...
    • Like x 2
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Also I’m sorry OP but Prouders? Heh heh are they the new Brainiac assembly bots? Lol I can’t even :D
  14. Ryll Committed Player

I am not downplaying anything.

I am also not inflating anything.

I am also aware of that the forums is a very small percentage of the player base in representation.

I mention the ending of Q1 because of the ps5 native client release. It was announced to be released during q1. It makes a lot more sense to announce things in conjunction with a new client over a "strike" lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ryll Committed Player

The fact that you think it affected revenue enough to make an appearance to eg7 before the end of year financial review is laughable and an indication that there isn't any point continuing this conversation lol.

The "strike" also included not buying the bb. Yet they still sold! That alone is proof enough the success of the "strike".
  16. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

What happens in the forums gets repeated in conversations in-game, and in commentator videos. The story was that the game was teetering on the brink, and since there was no effort made to combat that narrative, the story became more believable after each passing day. Believe it or not, the silence over the course of the last few weeks cost the game money and subscribers.

Do yourself a favor, if your instinct is to say "no big deal" to how things were handled, NEVER EVER operate a business for yourself.
    • Like x 5
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

….orrrrrr, don’t get caught up in the gossip and then become emotionally dependent on outside validation.

But, whatever works for you ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Reality works for me. You should try it sometime.
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

If it affected revenue (that was being used for other games)... it might have...
    Wow... You really are one of those a- types... ain'tcha?

What part of "IF" and "MIGHT" did you not understand?

Edit: And we don't really know how well they sold.....
    • Like x 2
  20. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I know I didn't buy it.
    • Like x 1