Prouders letter for those who havent seen it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Mar 26, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  3. Ryll Committed Player

But...the sky is falling?
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Pesky acorns.
    • Like x 3
  5. Lugo Well-Known Player

who is impressed by the devs constantly reusing old content?
    why even announce anything? aha
    "more nothing!"
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It sounds like Episode 47 was following the previous models prior to the team's shake-up. We'll have to wait and see what they plan for Episode 48. I am very curious to see what "as great as and different from any episode that has come before" looks like.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lol, so I was right when I made my "version", the correct about of monetization charity boxes and all!

It means nothing tbh. I don't think anyone actually thought they didn't have a plan.... Right? But like all plans, always subject to change in the blink of an eye (or snap of a Thanos gauntlet). Actions speak louder than words.

Waiting until practically last minute to post this timeline answers nothing we didn't already know, so only time will tell.
    • Like x 4
  10. zNot Loyal Player

„We're making significant investments in the game’s future, the people who are working on this beloved project, and in DCUO’s overall growth“

I feel like this is something we did not have previously i am very optimistic
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well good, continue to feel that way. Nothing wrong with that.

I, for one, will continue to be skeptical until I see it happen. Especially since that is not the first time that statement has been made by them.
    • Like x 8
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The amount of content for this year has not impressed me yet (two raids don’t make much of a difference, compared to years where this was the norm, plus 3 DLC per year, plus SM...)... the new base is good... but we got that too , the number of new game mechanics for customizing the character’s gameplay (allies, artifacts (they weren’t mentioned, but most likely something will happen...) is also at a minimum level and there are no new mechanics... but for that we will get a lot of BB... As I already said, the amount of content has not yet inspired me to renew my subscription... we'll see how it goes with the quality... I don't have much hope for 47 DLC... let's see the promised innovations in 48...
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryll Committed Player

The funny thing is that the dozen? Or so people that came screaming into the forums going on "strike", cancelling their subs and stomping their feet aren't going to realize work was happening all the long.
    • Like x 2
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Apart from how many raids we get the quality is what actually matters i mean the „2 raids“ we got in sins of black adam are low quality type raids, if they manage to provide 2 high quality raids every 6 months we will be worlds ahead from the current state of episodes..

im also not subbing untill i see it and also how engaging they want it to be,if they end up making them little to no engaging/challenging (like its happening usually) its already meaningless and wont retain playerbase so we need longterm engaging raids… its supposed to last so many months after all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If anything our complaining in here got them to light a fire under their butts and get the producer to give us a nice update (even if admits it’s subject to change). They’re even trying to accelerate content being released one of the main requests we’ve been having for awhile now. So I’m going to take that as a W for the critics on the forums here. Those that choose to criticize us the critics of DCUO can do so but should realize they should thank us instead because we’re looking out for players of DCUO and only want the best for everyone.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Also it was more than a “dozen”. Lots and lots of us were unhappy with the lack of communication for months. Don’t lie or misrepresent that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Eh, critical thinking and actually reading the producers letter would lead you to understand that he knew talk was cheap and prioritized getting the PS5 client released (Action and words rather than just words). I do like that there is ownership of the decision (“that’s on me”) and we’ll see where we go from here.

But if you need to believe that “you complaining” played a role…sure, go you!

At the end of the day, it’s a business. Express your dissatisfaction however you want, but it all gets filtered and quantified to some degree. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Like I wrote in another thread, don't get fooled into the typical sheep mentality that comes with the way they word things in their letter.

Some examples:
    - They did not say "Year of the Dragon" is a new event, they just said they are celebrating it (like Pride, Superman Day, etc.).
    - They did not say the new episode is "bigger and better", only that is has 2 raids (nothing new and shouldn't be praised since that actually used to be the norm).
    - They did not mention anywhere anything about an episode showing what "PS5 can bring". That would also screw over old-gen players. The closest thing to that is "powerful performance improvements and PS5 native features". That is for the console performance, not the game itself.
    - Releasing Episode 48 a "month early" for appearance sake, when in reality they should take as much time as they need on it. Also see:
    - "extensive plans to captivate fans with brand new content" = A.I. bait message. Heck it seems like A.I. wrote most of that.
    - They are excited to release more monetization as "content", but that's also no surprise. Whole lotta money grabs on that list, idk if they should be proud of that.

So if you read it again... This is the same exact roadmap as every year prior, just worded in a way to try and entrap entice you. Nothing new.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's dreams... Be optimistic all you want... But be realistic.
    This entire letter has really nothing everyone didn't already know. I'll believe anything when I see it, actions speak louder than words. Keep in mind "subject to change", this is major. Just because there is a letter, doesn't mean the game can't still go in a bad direction if they aren't careful.
    • Like x 5
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

No my point was that Ryll a) acted that complaining about the lack of updates on here was something we didn’t have the right to do b) it didn’t accomplish anything because they were working on it in the background c) and there were only about a dozen or so complaining trivializing the numbers when I counted at least 50 or more posters who were very angry and critical at the lack of transparency of the devs. And yes Plowed In WE DID accomplish something and the devs took note because you could tell from Kendricke’s posts he seemed concerned about the forum’s morale and wanted us to be assured. That’s a Win in my estimation. Also what’s the deal with all the forum “big names” in here and not only defending Daybreak’s worst decisions but also their lack of reading comprehensions? Don’t misconstrue other poster’s words and try to gaslight people into your wrong thinking. My ignore list has more than doubled these last couple months and I’ve noticed if you dare speak out on the direction of this game all the usual suspects want to target you. It’s just pathetic and disgusting really.
    • Like x 2
  20. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Talk may be cheap, but silence comes at a devastating cost.

People stopped playing this game these past few weeks, not for lack of content, but because no one with any business sense thought keeping the customers in the know might be a good idea.

I'm hopeful now that we've got a new leader, but so far I'm deeply unimpressed by the decision making
    • Like x 3