Producer's Letter - March 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 25, 2024.

1. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Aposed to the 2 a year, 3 capsules.
    We now get 4 boosters, 3-4 capsules and anything else they throw at us like the new base
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

yeah, i think it was last years road map where they literally removed stuff and said something to the effect of, "oops, this isnt coming, we cant work on this anymore" and we never got those things hehe

for both our sake, i hope we are wrong and great things are indeed in store for us
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's nice to see the words, but given what's gone on in this game probably over the past 2-3 years in terms of actual stale game play and the recent cone of silence with communications the trust itself is now damaged.

I want to see the actual product now, not just the marketing material.
    • Like x 5
  4. Livedestruction 2 New Player

PVP???
    • Like x 2
  5. madnus New Player

great to finally get something official, but so underwhelming. Another re-skinned re-hash. Holding out hope for 48
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

While it is nice to have the silence broken, the letter feels... underwhelming and very cookie cutter. Maybe things were so hectic that this information had to take this long to come out, I don't know. But it reads like something that could have been tossed out at any point in the last month or two.

Episode 47 looks darker than I expected given the, now ages old, teaser from Mepps. Nice to see a bit more content with the two raids though. Maybe 47 and 48 swapped spots thematically or something?

Not a base guy, but the outdoor aspect is intriguing enough.

From this point forward, the only thing that truly matters is action. Plans, hopes, and dreams are all wonderful and whatnot. But it's time for follow through. Because I'm really not sure how many more shake-ups and let downs this community can take.
    • Like x 4
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Well finally a Lantern Ally. But two slated for the year according to the Dev Update (thanks for introducing yourself and laying out a plan)... come on now, thats ridiculous. Would like to see something like 6 - 10 a year released. Would made sense to have Brainiac added to the ally roster in addition to John Stewart.

I wonder what the artifact(s) are going to be like in ep47. Would like to see some Brainiac styled gear and some Brainiac styles added to the episode vendor too.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Just saying this a month ago, let alone two months ago, would have been entirely sufficient to quiet most of our anxiety.

"We're planning and will be back with more information in X weeks" would have made a huge huge huge huge huge difference to us all. I'm confused that this wasn't completely obvious and acted upon in some form.

That said, that's now the past. Moving on: this is a good start. Thank you.
    • Like x 10
  9. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

No elite content equals an even better dcuo experience!!
  10. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Cool! I just did my membership! Thank you!
    I can’t wait for that base!
    • Like x 2
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

This is some great new, I am so looking forward to all the new things coming. Especially the sunstone base
    • Like x 2
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

So basically 2 DLC episodes a year.. I REALLY HOPE the EPISODES are CRAMMED with ON DUTY MISSIONS for us to fill in the time. The same lazy releases(1 raid 1 alert 1 duo) wont work for the longevity of the game..

PLEASE listen to the community about content depth per EPISODE.. content gets stall too quickly bcuz of the limited amount of content per DLC episode.. PLEASE add more content(EX: 3 alerts 2 duos/solos 3-4 raids/operations + bounties + bounty circuits) within DLC EPISODES.. Thank you!
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

EXACTLY.. i just said this.. SEASONALS shouldnt be some MONTHLY exciting content.. Its filler and non progressional.. Seasonals should be treated as EXTRA content alongside the NEW MAIN CONTENT.. should never be on the Development chart as an expectation..

The seasonals have been the same for the last DECADE.. why would we still be excited about it? Maybe the rewards but NOT the content itself.. They havent even EXPANDED or improved on SEASONALS.. Seasonals are LACKING any real incentives.. For all that FIX pvp and forget SEASONALS.. This is soo backwards..
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This does go some way in alleviating concerns about the existential future of the game. It doesn't excuse the dearth of communications for the past few months. I'm happy to see things being planned for the mid term future. And a new pair of eyes working in instance design will go a long way to making things engaging again. I'm cutting some slack for the short term. Everyone needs to get their feet on the ground, and I'm crossing all fingers and toes that's sooner rather later. This game needs more than CPR, it needs a defibrillator.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Tbf we’re getting Episode 47 in May, Episode 48 in September and they’re planning on Episode 49 in January/February so if everything goes as planned that’s a lot of episodes in a short amount of time. Assuming too that they have something big planned for Episode 50. Again that’s being optimistic but at least with the new team going forward episodes will be released pretty regularly now.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah obviously it was pretty stressful for us there for a time but I agree at least we can move on now. We can at least sleep easy that DCUO isn’t ending this year or next (knocking on wood) from the looks of things, the new director gave us an explanation and apology which is what a lot of us here just wanted to be assured that things would get back on track and there’s things to look forward to. I’ll admit I was worried we wouldn’t even get an update they’d just drop the new episode without much discussion but I’m glad we’re looking better now. This honestly is a bit of weight off my shoulders now since one of my favourite games isn’t going away anytime soon but boy if you would’ve asked me that last month I wasn’t so sure. Better late than never as they say.
    • Like x 3
  18. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the whole team. It feels good to have more communication, thanks for that. By the way, as I'm writing, the new communication is better, having a long term view of the game, as a player is also a way to have an idea where the game is getting us.

Those news are (and I really temper my words) really intriguing. If there is more continuity in the DCUO storyline, it'll be great to follow it.

Little note about Anniversary event, decos were a good idea, but table were sad to see compared to the one of the House of Mystery and other themed tables we got, maybe we could get more consistency in the way decorations/styles/etc behave from one to another. Batgirl styles were a real nice addition, it was too long a wait for it to finally come true.

The sneakpeaks look great and the introduction of the storyline let me hope we won't get another "Source wall is shattering+> Source wall is broke +> Perpetua is THE ultimate boss +> let's help Black Adam save his dead GF from Neron because why not.
    I hope to see real continuity on why we are going from one place to another, from one event to another, the way we got it in the most recent experience, with Metal Part 1 to Death Metal episodes.

As a Batman fan, I'll off course post about how we desperately need the 80th Anniversary emblem to be available regularly (same goes for the Superman Anniversary emblem we finally got back and for any classic mentor style).

I have many hopes, many through your new team have done fantastic job on other projects before, please, provide us your best, we desperately need DCUO to get back to its feet with great storylines, contents and events.

EDIT: Oh! forgot about a little something, please revive Metropolis and Gotham, people trapped in Brainiac bottles for more than 10 years deserve to be delivered in a way or another.

Thanks for reading my long response if you did so. Wishing all team the best.

19. YeshuasKnight New Player

Welcome Kendrike!!! Nice to see communication!
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We may take it with a grain of salt on timelines and deliverables past Q3 (they've slipped or fallen off before), but getting an update is always good. Thanks for the info and here's to May coming ASAP.

BTW. Miguel....were you posting this FOR Kendricke, or will he not be a forum presence?
    • Like x 2