Previous Survival Modes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

And someone simply asking to bring back the opportunity to earn a reward in a video game, does not make one entitled.
    • Like x 2
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Sounds similar to some players asking to get a feat work in a different way, like Chemo’s feat taking 12 weeks to complete, and people asking for it to be different so it suits their needs.

I’ve earned my SM titles and styles back in the day, and all of the rewards. I wouldn’t mind at all if they brought it back as long as people can earn it legitimately. By that I mean they should play the content to get it. It’s just a game, let people ask whatever they want, it’s finally up to the devs to decide what’s good for the game and what makes most if the people happy. Same way they brought back old styles not too long ago. It’s honestly better than also having people sell them for like billions. What’s wrong with letting other people get a chance to get it? I don’t think we as a playerbase should be that selfish, on the contrary.

I believe it would be benefitial overall to the game to have a constant rotation of SM available for players reusing old SM’s and then reintroducing new ones. It would help with overall playtime of people who aren’t satisfied with elite and elite plus and will give newer players something to strive for.
    • Like x 7
  3. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Endless survival mode with seasonal updates to the vendor and a seasonal boss refresh right :D

Just leave survival mode up forever with unlimited rounds right, when you die, you die.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Hey man. I'm with him. One should be up at all times. There's enough now for a proper rotation to keep things interesting. It's dead right meow. If they can do it for legends PvE... which not a single person that I know does any more without the event... they can do this.
    • Like x 4
  6. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Let’s make the Survival Mode vendor permanent. My Lantern toon needs a lot of base items. It would be greatly appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  7. Popeyes Active Player

Im 100% sure that half the stuff you guys asking the devs to bring back will and i hope does not comeback. And yes I 1000% agree with obsidian, some of yall if you played the original survival mode wouldn't have even made it pass round 1 hence why survival mode back then was special and ONLY A SELECT FEW OF PEOPLE COULD ACTUALLY COMPLETE IT IF YOU WERE GOOD AT THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! SO WITH THAT SAID HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sooo the newer wave of players can't test to see if they are good at the game?
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

It's true that the first few survival modes were difficult especially there upper ends, but the suggestion that modern players wouldn't get past round 1 is the biggest steaming pile of hyperbolic BS I've read in a while.

It wasn't that difficult it just wasn't especially early on, most groups just got stuck at rounds 9+ and what they won't tell you is that at any opportunity they could players routinely cheesed things to get past rounds and bosses.

The truth is they're just gatekeeping it, they don't want the rewards to return for one reason and one reason only.

They consider them time limited special treats, they want to be able to put on or pull out so you'll go "wow that's awesome, you're that's so cool, I wish i could have one"

And they will then take pleasure in the fact that they know, you never will or they certainly hope you won't and that is why they're in here crapping on your request to have the rewards returned in any capacity.

They're worried about feeling and looking special so that they preserve this visual pretense in game that they're better than you because they have a holographic cat ;)

Watch them come after me with a bunch of nonsense cause I called out their real motive as well, they'll insist nothing I've said here is true either. ,)

You and I both know what I'm saying is true though.
    • Like x 2
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

nothing is sacred and no reward should be off limits they already threw that bus out the window. they giving away hack stuff and other items. I'm too the point now to just say screw it bring it all back and allow us to earn them. they dont give a crap about exclusive so why should we any longer.

at this point who knows how long this train will even keep running so who cares. outside of directly selling SP whats left to give a crap about.
    • Like x 1
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Both sides are right. Nothing wrong with requesting it. Nothing wrong with wanting the request denied.
    If they bring it back, some would be happy, some would be outraged. If they don't bring it back, some will be satisfied and some will be longing.
    Not bringing it back is maintaining status quo, and leaves the option open. And that's what they've been doing for many years, and probably what they'll continue to do for many more.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im of the mind that if it can bring back players or grow the player base it can only be a good thing for the game.

even if they opened it all back up people would still have to earn them

and for this topic in particular

if people are able to accomplish it now and get through the ranks or lvl of SM

what makes them any less disserving of the items available because of it.
    did they not just accomplish the same feat to get them

dont make them easier than they were just make them available

if people can earn them them they disserve them.

for a game this old we cant be all oh we were better back then mentality.
    there are still good players just like there were good and bad players back then who didnt get them
    • Like x 1
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

lol, the nihlist nothing matters anymore rhetoric

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still feel like this would be a good idea. Content is content, sucks to let it go to waste, ey?
  16. nadeemew Active Player

Devs, we want fun)) Return Survival pls
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It could have helped greatly, there's hundreds of players on Xbox that yearn for this extra stuff.
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I always laugh at the "We can file suit" portion of any argument regarding the game. 1) You have to prove there was actual pain and suffering associated with the cause of controversy, and 2) Even if successful, it would likely get only as far as maybe arbitration, which outcomes vary.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

100% and arbitration is even outlined in the terms of service as well :D

People that threaten to sue game companies are silly.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I read that some of the old rewards are making a comeback? How about old SM next ;p
    • Like x 1