Previous Survival Modes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Have you ever considered bringing back the previous seasons to dabble with (clamped to the cr that they were upon release, respectively)? Without the "clout" items and rewards, of course (don't need anyone complaining heh). Just a suggestion. It's a shame to see content going to waste by it never being seen or used again. People love SM (I've even seen it bring players back to the game), so the more we see of it the better I'd say! :)
    • Like x 13
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Said this before, but saying again. We could really use 2 SMs per year. One 4-6 man with new mechanics and one reused 8 man. That would be perfectly to fit between the episode gaps. It could also have a event version maybe, with just half the rewards and level 1-10 for newbies/alts so more players can enjoy it
    • Like x 4
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I really want a solo sm or duo sm. Id like to be able to test my characters

*as a option, i know not everyone can dps/battle role
    • Like x 5
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Solo would be great.
    • Like x 6
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not a bad idea to just bring it back, can't see how it hurts.
    • Like x 3
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Absolutely! I was too low to enjoy the 1st one when it was released, I would love to give it a shot now for sure!
    • Like x 1
  7. TomShepard Active Player

Definitely bring it back but ONLY with the old rewards!!They need to put the old styles (kryptonian/Trigon),otherwise i wont even touch it.I know those were exclusive stuff but i dont care.The anti monitor style is exclusive to the event in January,the boos are for halloween-yet they do not get removed,you scroll down to the bottom.SM IS an event just different kind.We need those in the vendor and let ppl decide who wants what.I'd still have to work my *** off to get whatever i really want so no biggie.
    Its just a game.Everything should be obtainable one way or another.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I don't understand why it doesn't come back. The special year titles and rewards can stay in the year they were from, but allowing us access to the vendor and be able to get more marks for it would be ideal.

I pretty much missed ALL the SM's after the initial ones. (I think Trigon was the last I did?)
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, I've never understood how they can make good content and barely utilize it and/or never even use it ever again. Seems like a waste. Also a missed opportunity because people gobble it up. Sure, it brings players back to the game but what... Once every year/other year? It should be around more often (at least to mess with or as training). Idk. Personally, if I created it I'd totally want to flaunt it.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Beep boo bop.... BUMP XD
  11. Eve YouTuber

The only issue I see with this is maybe exclusive rewards that were tired to these survival modes? If you are talking about Trigon's Prison and the like. I would love to see these coming back personally, I just don't want the Devs to have a massive backlash over that. I know there were some pretty rare styles that people might feel It's wrong to bring them back. Then again, a lot of "Exclusive" stuff came back, so I don't know lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Tolly Committed Player

2022 would have been the right year for that as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Achikah All About That Base

I'd love this, mainly to keep the furniture flowin' but also I'd love another chance to get the Green Kryptonite kennels.
    I'm still super sad I got sick the last two weeks of S1 and missed out... I did give my Lantern a holo cat as a companion for her ship but it's just not the same.. :(
    That aside, Trigon/FOS/Oa/HH were all such fun maps too. I wasn't a big fan of the 8 man style personally, but if they were formatted to 4/6, I think it'd be a good time.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I actually see no reason, not to do this, I honestly think its a good idea and could be used to help make the game more lively during down periods. :)

I think it then gives other players an opportunity to experience other seasons get those rewards and so forth, I know you didn't include the rewards, but I realistically see no reason not to include them, by the time seasons come around other players have had the joy of them for an extensive period much like most other time limited exclusives and the like.

But I don't really care either way.
    • Like x 2
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Absolutely! And the more content the better, at all times! Everyone wins! And for sure I'd love the rewards being available too, but I didn't want to ask for too much or get slammed in comments heh. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Miserable Dedicated Player

I don't think they should bring back the original 8-man SMs unless they GREATLY reduce the difficulty. Those SMs were super challenging to the point that nobody even came close to beating the max round (except for 1 or 2 of them). Back then there were 20 rounds in total and sometimes the highest round that was completed was like 12 or 16, etc.

I just don't think that would be well received by the current playerbase. The last thing we need is more content catered to the 1%. Or having people sell "carries" for billions of in-game cash.

I could be open to the old SM maps returning IF they make the max round (20 or 30 or whatever it is) easy enough for the majority of players to complete.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well that's what I meant by have them capped/clamped at the same level of difficulty that they were when originally released. Or, have an option to have them at current level (like STU), and call it Season 1+ for example, for those who want a harder challenge.
    • Like x 1
  18. Vella Well-Known Player

Survival mode isn't for the 99%
  19. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I'd also like being able to purchase the old rewards from previous SMs that you missed, sure there will be people complaining that their flex styles/trinkets aren't as "exclusive" anymore, but it would be an incentive to have more players.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, you dug this out of 2022, I had to do a double take :D

But no, I really don't care about protecting the exclusivity of past gone survival mode rewards, I know some people care, I'm just not one of them.

Mind you, I don't care if they bring back the OG plasmic either.
    • Like x 1