Precision affinity on pvp weapons

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheVoiceOfReason, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

My apologies if this has been posted before but can In the next update we get rid of the precision affinity and just make the total damage on all pvp weapons straight on the weapon like pve weapons are designed. Especially since lat season when the damages where lowered to 77.9 and the increase of the affinity goes as high as 844 all it does is create a further unbalance in might vs precision based powers in pvp. Powers such as hard light get a huge precision increase which increase their powers damage which just gives them a huge unfair advantage in pvp over might based powers. This can even be further exploited if a person uses flex expert , and t5 precision trinket and gear which can give a precision powered dps close to 3k precision which is just insane and highly unfair and unbalanced for pvp. Might and precision in general need to be rebalanced but the pvp affinity from weapon in pvp gives precision powers a huge advantage in pvp which is just unfair and needs to be fixed for next pvp season.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Especially now with next update coming out pvp gear will be banned from pve instances there shouldn't be any reason why the pvp weapons should all be so low with a high precision buff.
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

Um, I'm not sure if you realize this, but a 100 dps weapon is the same as a 70 dps weapon with a +300 precision affinity...
    • Like x 8
  4. Clutch Committed Player

Yeah just like LoneLantern said. The actual weapon dps counts as precision too. Just multiply it by 10.
    • Like x 1
  5. Twin Shadows New Player

Yes this is true. BUT, with the new set up of anoint, carnage, and the earth precision buff being percentage, these powers are going to be increasing precision by massive amounts. It would be best to have the newest pvp weapons not have the precision increase in pvp to avoid non-celestial/nature/earth players from crying nerf. This shouldn't be an issue with the GU32 because pvp gear will not work in pve anymore.
    • Like x 4
  6. Solutha New Player

Thats true but if you use a precision base power you get that plus 300 figured in to it as well. This gives precision based characters a small advantage in PVP. Now with the changes to precision it looks like the gap will increase with the PVP weapons. I'm not exactly sure how it works out but there has been people who have done the math.
  7. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

and higher tier pvp weapons have a greater affinity. an 84 cr pvp weapon has 844 precision added.
  8. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

this issue needs to be addressed and fixed in one of the upcoming patches for both the upcoming pvp season as well as on weapons from previous pvp seasons.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ This , Great points, Make it happen, No reason not to :)
    • Like x 2
  10. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Can someone on dcuo staff acknowledge this thread please. This issue needs to be fixed for the upcoming pvp season and I see that it isn't. There is no reason for new pvp weapons to have 77.9 damage and an even higher precision affinity than before. It just further throws off the balance of precision based power sets to might. Instead of new weapons adding precision to make up the damage difference it should just be total damage on the weapon. So a 90 cr pvp weapon should do 224 damage like a pve weapon does 192 instead of doing 77.9 damage and getting over 1400 precision added. It's just unbalanced and unfair to might based powers and there is no reason it should be this way now that pvp gear is unusable in pve. Please me pops or some one else pass this along to the developers.
  11. Poetic Play Committed Player

I think what he is trying to say is, that the weapon procs adding Precision is now able to be increased with the use of the new % Precision buffs. So... Say an Light user uses his weapon to hit, and it adds 1200 Precision onto his already 1300 Precision. He now has 2500 Precision. Now say an Earth user uses his weapon, and it adds 1200 Precision onto his already 1300 Precision. He now has 2500.

Now the Earth user uses Reinforce and gets the 45% so he is now adding 1125 more Precision for a total of 3625 Precision. I think what he is trying to say is now the powers with those 45% buffs are going to be getting HUGE ever-increasing Precision boosts from those weapons being equated into the 45% Precision buffs.

That's what I think he is saying anyways.
    • Like x 4
  12. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Well yes that is true and further evidence of why this needs to change but that isn't what I was trying to say at all. Bottom line is what ever the precision affinity is, it gets added to a person's total precision during pvp matches and duels which isn't fair and will give precision based powers a clear advantage whether they are using a buff or not. A buff would just further increase the problem which exists either way.
  13. MARK2099 New Player

I think is time for devs to remove the precision buff and just leave the high damage to weapon to not give advantage to precision based powersets, and those who increase precision by % now, like one above said now pvp gear is disallow in pve no reason to keep this buff.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Does no one read the pvp section? Perhaps I should repost I developers dIscusion or testing feedback but either way this issue needs to be addressed and resolved by dcuo staff please. Like this thread if people agree. I came be the only one who wants to see this balanced and fixed.
  15. Deathmike Devoted Player

Light/Celestial/Earth constructs/combos/aftershocks scale linearly with (Weapon DPS + 0.1 * Precision) exactly in the same way that standard weapon combos do.
    This is very easy to test by unequipping your weapon and seeing how the precision-based attacks damage is completely crippled.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  16. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The arguments here are so circular.

If you can pressure them to change weapons the next round of posts will be how unfair cel, nature, and earth are in PVP turnoff there buff in arenas.

Good lord, PVP's mess up everything.
  17. ItsHard New Player

Im pretty sure annoint only works with your base precision,
    not so sure if the prec you get from a pvp weapons count as "base" precision tho.
  18. Spidersting Committed Player

All those prec buffs work on the team except for earth's prec buff. So while players who use high prec builds will get extra milage out of those pvp weapons in pvp, the might based players are going to be in a better position because you get the best of both when a celestial or nature player buffs your prec.

Comparing the pvp weapons that we currently have to the higher dps pve weapons you only net about 20dps more while the 45% prec buff is up and the SoT prec trinket. During the down time when those 2 are on cool down the pve weapon still gives you more dps. Because the new pvp season is coming out with or right around the same time as the next DLC the pve weapons are still going to keep you right on par with the new pvp weapons.
  19. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I'm not talking about their buffs. I'm talking about getting rid of precision that is added by pvp weapons in arenas and pvp matches and just making weapon damage a flat number like pve weapons. Does anyone actually read? And the way it is set up now it is unfair to every other power set.
  20. savageprime New Player

You have got to be kidding me! There are now cries that precision is unfair?? WTH? What person who is not in a pvp league with a dedicated pvp controller goes and makes all their mods straight might?? What happens in a fight when all the power is gone? Next your gonna be crying that precision should be nerfed or removed all together because once two fighters are out of power, the precision modded person will have an unfair advantage.

You cry as if you dont get the precision affinity as well. So someone who is modded into mightANDprecision gets the best of both worlds and then you get the precision affinity also and yet you cry of unfair balance? Should i complain that might based mental has the ability to stun and damage me with DoT from a range distance but since im HL i have to be close to do damage so might needs to be nerfed?? Oh and by the way once i get close to that mental he also can do damage with melee cause of the affinity and modded into precision.

Come on people how many times are we going to complain over choices we make in the game.This is why there is prec/might for reds and you can go prec in blues and might in yellows or vice versa so you hit hard with power AND your weapon, so how is having an affinity unfair really?? Everyone knows precision is the bases for almost every pvp match regardless of power. I know of no serious pvper who does not mod into some precision. I mean dang even healers mod into precision with res/prec mods. I choose to go precision based thus i miss out on might attacks but am i crying? No because i choose to do that.

Lets not also forget that PVE and PVP gear is suppose to be different. FIrst everyone cries over PVE gear in PVP and yet here you want to make the weapons even. A PVE weapon has higher DPS and a PVP weapon gives precision because that is what PVP is for the most part...hand to hand combat majority of the time.

Mod and spec into some precision, take the affinity as a plus to be able to do damage no matter what the situation and adjust your play style, instead of changing the entire game for everyone just to make you feel like a shining star! Lets work on some real bugs in pvp like the matchmaking system or something else. This is a joke of a thread and should be closed cause you are seriously trolling. People who complain like this will NEVER be satisfied with anything. smh