Precision affinity on pvp weapons

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheVoiceOfReason, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

You are the only one trolling in your huge rant. This is a valid concern and needs to be fixed. I have no other major issues with precision or precision based powers other than in pvp the pvp weapons give them a huge an distinct unfair advantage. I'm not crying, you are. I'm just presenting a real problem that needs to be fixed so get over it.
  2. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Not only do I read I comprehend and its still a circular argument
  3. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

If you do then please explain how it's a circular argument? All it does is create an unfair advantage for certain power sets. The only reason they even did it in the first place was so the weapon damage wouldn't closely match or exceed pve weapons so that people would actually have to earn their pvp weapons ( even though it didn't stop half of dcuo from using them in pve), but now that you can't use pvp weapons in pve any more its irrelevant and just creates a severe gap in power sets. Sorry if all you precision based characters don't want to see this change but to ensure the balance and integrity in pvp it must be fixed eventually.
  4. savageprime New Player

OP I love how you completely skip over my multiple valid points of how precision is needed over might in pvp and how that bonus helps everyone yet you have no response and think the game should be catered to your sole liking. Remove extra precision from pvp!! lol most troll request I've seen on these forums in years. I really hope you don't get your way.
    • Like x 1
  5. Massah Committed Player

Deathlike this is not true...if you un-equip a weapon. The precision damage does not scale evenly between hitting an enemy with your fists or using a precision move from Nature's Wolf, Celestial's combos, HL's Combos, Earth's Jackhammer, Quantum's Upper cut combo after Einstein Ray's pull, or the damage from Mighty smashing.

Example- it is viable to complete content with no weapon equipped using those precision combos and attacks above but not using just your fists. (Big Disparity between Wolf's precision weapon attacks with no weapon equipped and only using fist'i'cuffs)
  6. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Iignored your arguments because they are invalid points you make and don't even warrant a response. The extra precision added does not benefit everyone. It only benefits precision powers. If a flat damage is on each weapon that would benefit everyone equally and not just the few precision based power sets. For example an 84. Tier pvp weapon would now do 151 dps as opposed to before when it did 77 dps with 844 precision affinity. The total damage would still be the same but it would just be pure weapon damage instead of adding more precision. Same benefits but fair to all power sets. It's the only way it should be.
    • Like x 1
  7. Massah Committed Player

OP, the change of 'precision just being made the flat DPS" for PvP weapons does not lessen the damage from Precision combo power types like HL or Celestial....as Savage Prime has explained 10Precision is 1 Weapon DPS. And the vise versa that every 1 weapon DPS is 10 Precision.

For Hard Light and Celestial their precision combo attacks hit harder with an 88192.1DPS weapon (even if it is a Healer/Controller weapon) than an 87 177.9DPS -DPS weapon. The 87 DPS specific weapon will say it has more might and Precision than an 88 Healer/Controller weapon but when the weapon DPS is factored in as Precision there is a 142 precision difference or 14.2 weapon DPS. When calculating for actual precision being used for a HL, Celestial, Earth aftershock, Nature Wolf, or just weapon attack - you add the base precision + the weapon DPS. So a mental user with 800 base precision and a 192.1 weapon has 2001 active weapon precision.... same as a HL or Celestial player with 800 base precision.....The benefit here for HL and Celestial is that they have precision based combos that can be used in place of weapon combos to utilize this precision. The Mental user has just the standard weapon attacks to utilize this precision.

As mods, trinkets, and colas add more precision than the might equivalents, you can have 1400base precision +306 from flex + 592 from trinket + 1921 from 88 PvE weapon for a total of 4219 which very much competes with a Might heavy boost.(I was being generous with the 1400precision as a full Precision spec should have a higher precision figure to work with) With the Precision boost being beneficial for weapon damage when one has run out of power to initiate a new combo. But this true in PvP or PvE.
    As has already been mentioned earlier changing to a straight weapon DPS number will really only affect the change that precision %buff powers add as the precision buff from the PvP weapon being used on a player gets calculated into the %buff.

*But the %buff itself is unbalanced in that it will add 45% of your current precision whether buffed or not rather than 45% of your base precision. So 1400+306+592 and then it takes 45% and adds it....rather than just adding 45% of the base 1400.
    • Like x 1
  8. Deathmike Devoted Player

I don't have access to a nature or celestial toon but I've explicitly tested hardlight and earth at a sparring target a while ago.
    When I was removing my weapon both aftershock and construct combo damage became completely crippled (pretty much to the point expected).
    Didn't test this recently but I really doubt they would change this.

EDIT: Reading your post above I see that we're not in disagreement; you just probably misread my post.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

have you ever checked deadly block pvp weapon damage vs pve weapon with higher dps spec? seems to me the pvp weapon gives a deadlier block
  10. thelostczarnian New Player

it litteraly increases the stat..check ur prec during an arena
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

a better test would be testing pve vs pvp wep on a willing full t4 pvp tank (more health to test longer) im not a prec powerset so i used deadly block to compare
  12. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Precision damage heavy powers do get an advantage from the affinity because counter damage scales off precision and not your DPS stat. That's why counters hurt more with a PvP weapon equipped. Considering counters are really important, Hard Light and Celestial characters can just mod full precision and not lose out on a lot of DoT damage or whatever. I don't know the precision/health/toughness stats of the new armor set, but if the trend continues from when the DPS stats got normalized on all PVP weapons, counter damage will keep increasing faster than our health and defense can keep up.

Fists are special cause they don't count as actual weapons. They'll always do a base damage of 1-10 regardless of your precision.
  13. Massah Committed Player

Except during the seasonal events with Penetrating Strikes they can hit for high triple digit numbers. (Or Judge in Courthouse, Jor El on FOS 2....but I have mentioned in other threads that the precision damage overall is out of balance...Consumables doing more White-number damage than high modifier weapon combo of similar tier - Level 4 for Tier 4 and Level V or V Expert for Tier 5. Also as you mentioned the PvP counters which can deal more damage than the intended precision attack. Not to mention had poorly object weaponization scales...sad face)
  14. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Pretty much, in PvP now it's going to be necessary to have someone running Carnage or Annoit in your group. As you can see from Poetic Play's numbers posted on page one, it shows the clear advantage to having one of these buffs on a PvP team. Adding 1000+ of Precision from the combined stat and new weapon buffs + 45%.

I don't quite understand why they are even keeping the Precision proc on weapons, since you can't use them in PvE anymore anyways. The Precision buff adds 45% of the receiver's Precision to themselves... So even the Healer could be running this power. Well, any smart team will require this in their premade anyways... 1000+ more Precision is a game changer.

Reinforce will help Earth users to the same extent, but it's not a group buff so it'll be less valuable to the team.
  15. shiny mackerel Committed Player

The precision buffs only add 18% of your precision when you have PvP gear equipped.
  16. Massah Committed Player

Part of how they try to keep PvP arenas competitive...like how arena have crit caps.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

maybe if full PVP ? I'm hitting 1751 from a base of 1208 which is a difference of 543 or 45% addition.

Can't say i've looked in an arena so maybe in arena's it's capped? I know when all buffed up i'm close to 2800 when looking at it before matches.
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

If you have any piece of pvp gear equipped, even a breakout trinket, the self buff will go down to 18%. This happens anywhere though it may take a minute or two for it to kick in if you just put a piece of pvp on. I reported this in testing feedback back for GU 32 and I just tested it on live too. Note that the group gets 45% regardless of what gear you have equipped.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I was fighting in open world for a while, then tested it and got the numbers I posted /shrug. I'll have to look more in to it when i get back on.
  20. Gwalir Loyal Player

Weapon damage is figured by {Weapon DPS + Precision/10} though. A 77 weapon that added 844 Precision would equal out to {77 + 84 (844/10)} 161 dps. A 161 weapon with no Precision would equal out to {161 + 0 (0/10)} 161 as well. That means the 77 weapon would benefit a Healer or Might-based DPS just as much as a 161 weapon would.

Since all roles do weapon damage, how would a Healer or Might-based DPS not benefit from having additional Precision?