Power Users Anonymous.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ilunis, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Please, feel free to post your lamentations here. Here at the Center for Power Set Rehabilitation, we try to listen to the complaints of those in need of assistance. Please, feel free to comment below, and share with us your grief. Also, if you are a player that is using a similar power set and feel like politely guiding one of our patients on the right path, please do so. Thank you, in advance, and remember, whatever you think you can't do.......

[IMG]

You can!
    • Like x 2
  2. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Hello my name is Splinter Cell, and I am an abused [redacted] player. I play [redacted] as my power set.
    • Like x 2
  3. Balut New Player

4. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Oh, I am sorry to see that you decided to take the time just to type one word. Are you sure you don't wish to stay? I believe that how you responded and why could be because of some deep-seeded issues with either parental authorities or simply someone close that you trusted. Either way, have a wonderful day and be careful out there in Gotham or Metropolis. That Brainiac fellow has made things rather dangerous.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kroye Loyal Player

/like

Just switched to Sorcery, no complaints. I feel bullet-proof to be honest. Since I can't contribute, I'll drop this:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Delta795 New Player

I have no power issues...I always have MORE.
    It's the people who say I need MOAR POWA that do, cause I starve their dumb *****.
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Hi, my name is Greenman ("Hi greenman") and im addicted to mental.

I've been using heavily since January 2011, sometimes on 3-4 toons daily.

I am happy to announce that I have hit the 6 month mark since I changed my 2 alts from mental to gadgets and hard light.
  8. Spidersting Committed Player

Hi my name is Spider Sting, and I am addicted to swaping powersets constently and fear it will only get worse with the cash pvp gear we will be getting.

PLEASE HELP ME! I HAVE TO PLAY THEM ALL!
    • Like x 1
  9. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Hi, Greenman! Thank you so much for sharing with the group. I can understand that Mental can be addicting. Congratulations, though, on moving two alts in another direction! That is a big step in the program. While enjoying your power set is good, we must remember that differentiating is key when playing with more than one character. Keep going, Greenman. You're doing great!
    • Like x 2
  10. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Spider! It has been a long time! You have an offshoot of a condition known as Pokeramidis. This can be cured, but only by going bankrupt, sadly. There is a bright spot, though. New content. I feel that, were you simply given more to do, you would be given a distraction from your addiction. Currently, though, I recommend a temporary fix: Limit your time in DCUO. Now, then, I don't want you to quit, but when you get the urge to change power sets, finish up whatever PvP match you are in, and then log out and go play something else. Please, keep me updated on your progress.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ilunis Dedicated Player

No need to avoid sharing with us, Splinter Cell. You are a wonderful part of the community as a whole, and we are here for you.
    • Like x 2
  12. Balut New Player

Is lindsey lohan here?
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Hi my names Carlynn Carnage and I've been addicted to fire since January 2011. I've made more then one fire character as well. I see no sign I will give up my pyromania, but my attendance here is court ordered. Life is far more interesting with a few vices if you ask me.
    • Like x 4
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Hi, my name is Sore. I was playing with Fire a year ago. They warned me this could happen. I kept playing with it and I went might-blind. I am happy to report that I switched back to Nature and have balance back in my life. It's not easy but I've learned to take life one rotation at a time. I still crave a nice Inferno and Fireburst spam now and then but those days are behind me. That's probably for the better. It was a simpler time back then. These days it's all synthetic rotations with the clipping. Today's kids are all hopped up on the Hard Light, the Whirling Dervishes, and the Phase Dodges. I swear I don't know where these kids find the power to sustain their habits. Maybe the world has moved on, and that's fine by me, because I know I've carved out my little corner and I'll survive like I always have.
    • Like x 2
  15. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Hello, my name is TormentorX and for 2 years I Controlled and fed spammers their power constantly. After a while it became a vacuum,, pulling my own power away and draining my life. Not long ago I became a DPS and as I look up to check my power bar, my eyes meet an empty bar. I was broken had I become the thing I most despise, Had I become a... Spammer!! As I lift myself up from the gutters of Spamdom, A voice in my head spoke to me and said ”SURVIVE!!” It sounded strangely like Sgt Lincoln O'Cyrus from my time in the war, but I can't be sure. So I remember my weapon combos, pay attention to my power bar and use my sodas. It was the longest 30 seconds of my DCUO life. This was my first step toward changing and saying to myself ”I WILL NOT BE A SPAMMER!!” Thanks for listening. I feel better:)
    • Like x 1
  16. Balut New Player

Uummm,.... Pass
  17. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Sounds like a cry for help! The first step is admitting there's a problem. We are here for you
    • Like x 1
  18. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Balut, you do sound very tormented as, despite your protestations, you keep returning to our little slice of self- help heaven and posting. If you don't feel like sharing here, perhaps a private therapy session with one of our counselors would suffice. Would someone summon Ultimate Warrior, please? I'm sure he'll be along momentarily to assist you. You may also send me a message if you feel up to talking. Until then, try to have a blessed day. Blessed by Cthulhu, of course.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Mrs. Lohan is, unfortunately, barred from this facility. Her case is hopeless, as is Charlie Sheen's (we do like him crazy, don't we?) and I'm afraid that, the last time she came in during a drug-flled haze, she had to be turned away by Brick...* cough *... I mean Brock.
  20. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Carlynn! We've been expecting you for quite some time. Now, first of all, you're a villain, so any villainous activities are to be expected and will not be treated here as that is what makes you, well, you! I see only one problem here, and it is similar to Greenman's: overuse of the same power. You need to mix it up a bit. One Fire toon can hold down the fort for that power set just fine. Besides, as a villain, you're supposed to be unpredictable. Be that villain, Carlynn. Be unpredictable.

Do we have any other villains here? Please state so in your posts, so that I know what I'm in for when it comes to treating you. Thank you, in advance.
    • Like x 1