Please stop Gen Mod Crafting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, May 5, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I like this. Honestly thought this was how they were going to work originally. At the very least they should be better than .0. Like you said I’d rather them be on par with .2 but even .1 would be okish lol
    • Like x 1
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You mean play MMOs like WoW. Final Fantasy. ESO. SWToR? And many others. I've played them all. There's a grind that gives a payoff that's worthy of your time then there is this. It's redundant. Unnecessary. And not gratifying. This is always the defacto argument. Who said anything about completing them immediately. The issue is the system not how long it takes. Even though that's ridiculous as well.

If they had introduced this 5 years ago. Fine. I could deal. Still wouldn't be fun. But with the amount of systems they have added over the years it's enough to drive a veteran player insane let alone confuse the heck out of a brand new player. Too many systems. And this game doesn't do a good job of explaining them at that. There's no consistency through the tiers. You go from most of the game getting generator mods to drop to getting to end game having to craft them. As a new end game player how does that make sense.

You have Allies. Augments. Artifacts. Gear. Skill points. All to grind. Then other systems as tactical mods. Pet system's. Etc. Having to craft a generator mods is absurd and unneeded. Drop them in content or let us buy them outright at a reasonable price. Not to pad out an already slog of a DLC
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So they should never add anything because it wasn’t in the game 5 years ago? Games grow and change over time. What was once a norm can get phased out. Look at the old modding system. You used to have to change mods every dlc. If you want to compare what the game was like before vs now than fine. The game is better now than back then.

Augments are almost passive. As you get better gear you salavage the old and you get better augs.
    Same with gear. As you run higher content you get stuff to drop and get better gear.

Artifacts, sp, and allies are the only real grind in the game. But mods? What exactly are you grinding? You get mods as drops for boxes. You aren’t exactly grinding anything.

With arts you can grind eeg for source marks for catalyst while nth are passive drop.
    With allies you grind eeg for sms for catalyst whole favor is also passive drops.
    With sp you grind specific content to get feats for sp

What are you grinding with gen mods? Are you replaying content to get mods to drop to salvage? Virtually everything comes from passive drops. Are you grinding the components to add to the mods cores? I haven’t done any single grinding for my mods. I’ll probably have everything I need when I start crafting just from drops.
  4. GregTheFarmer Active Player

I tend to agree with the OP on this. They need to go back to the old generator mod system. Their was nothing wrong with getting the best gen mods you could by playing the content, you just got a box, equipped it and that was the end of it. Now I have to salvage stuff, save it (thus eating up inventory space), buy these stupidly expensive plans and craft it. Its way to convoluted and just another grind system that is a way to artificially lengthen the life of the DLC and a vailed attempt to get people replay more. Its annoying.

Why do you think they did the bounty system in Wonderverse/31st Legion? Despite the overwhelmingly negative feedback in regards to the massive boring a** grind fest, they double downed. Thats why they're doing this thing of releasing feats after 3 months. Its an attempt to artificially lengthen the DLC and bring people back.
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah no. We're gonna hard agree to disagree on this. It's clear you're in the minority here that enjoys this. I have nothing left to add.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Can you at least answer the question. What exactly are you grinding?
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

My OP said nothing about any grind or grinding. That was you. It has nothing to do with that. The system is unnecessary and redundant for little to no reward. We have enough systems in the game.
  8. Slow Burn Active Player

Generator mods are the absolute least of my stats. And I replace them every DLC, it seems? Tying feats to crafting generator mods is just make-work. It's pointless, and nobody really cares. If they made generator mods actually useful, I might. IMO it's a marks sink for people that have that many marks, whilst making those feats unattainable if you don't constantly leave a DLC with more marks than you went in with.
  9. Critical Massacre Committed Player

These are the types of statements that make me wish I could hit “like” on it repeatedly.
    • Like x 1
  10. Slow Burn Active Player

Please, no. Are we really going to be locked into the endless grind for these? I can remove all of my base mods and make up for them by buying three pieces of vendor gear. Why are we chasing these ridiculous tiny edges? And why are we spending hundreds in episode currency to do it? If I'm right, then I can buy base mods I have already superceded for the equivalent in source marks down the road? Why would I buy them now, when I know damn well that the next DLC will overwrite them?
  11. Slow Burn Active Player

Source marks are eternal. Episode currency is a limited-edition. I'll spend that **** on stuff I need right here, right now.