Please don't make me Leave!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Ok so I got four of my Charcters working on T5 content, but lately I'm noticing my patience is wearing thin. Case in point; I notice a FOS 2 group, so I decided to run it with my troll since somehow I haven't achieved the speed feat yet with this toon. Now for the most part half the raid was well over CR 70, so no problem...right? Wrong! Had a healer somehow manage to pull an entire room to wipe the raid, then a few players not paying attention to mechanics dieing on the first boss. By this time I'm seeing a waste of my time, and by the time we get to the bridge I tell the raid "I'm here for feat only, and if you can't keep up I'll take my leave". I know it was rude of me to just leave them hanging, but with T5 I'm casing SP just as much as CR, so if there's no gain for me in that group...what's the point of me being there? Up till T4 I didn't feel so pressured to just be motivated by feats, but lately that's the only incentive keeping me going back to lower level content. So nothing personal, but if you want my participation step up your game. Mistakes will occur, but repeats are not acceptable to those who are chasing feats, so I'm asking nicely....please don't make me leave!
  2. Black House New Player

Wow......UM....no just, WOW
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

you should do feats with your league a lot less stress
    • Like x 3
  4. aceCase Committed Player

Did the group know they were supposed to go for the speed feat? Or did you just go in assuming you guys should burn down everything, blink twice, and the raid is over?

You should find a group that is also trying for the speed feat and not assume that based on CR the run should go easy. There's a lot of high CR, terrible players...
    • Like x 4
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I ran with someone who did that in an Arkham pug a while back. With all respect to the OP, it's unfair for you to regard the group as a support system for you to get your feats without telling them until the raid was a third over, and then issuing an ultimatum. Even had you asked the group prior to entering the instance it's still not fair for you to bail because your goals aren't being met with the raid, there are 7 other people to consider, who all have goals in that raid.
    • Like x 7
  6. BigDaddy14 Well-Known Player

there is no I in team, but I guess there is a ME. smh
    • Like x 1
  7. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

What I find funny here is all of your perspectives. You all act like it doesn't happen, but here I am admitting my wrongs and giving the reason behind it. With four players in their CR 90's this should of been no problem, but sadly this game is much like life...some people will just hold you back despite the fact that your trying to achieve the same thing. Sorry if some can't take the truth, but that's the way the game is designed. If you want to achieve the feats you got to be on your A game. I don't like having to do it, but seriously I'm not the only one that is doing it. Don't hate the player...hate the game that he's playing!
    • Like x 1
  8. Black House New Player

THE OFFICAL PUG ANTHEM

9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

No, I've never done that. I've run with people like you who have done it, and I'm grateful to you for giving me an opportunity to explain that why what you're doing damages the community. You expected other players in the game to run instances solely for your own benefit, with no concern on your part to their goals.

You expected this group to live up to your expectations, without you telling them what your expectations are. Did you offer any constructive advice when the group wiped? Or did you just rage quit when the other 7 players no longer served your needs? Was this a group that you put together specifically to get the speed feat, did any of them lie about their experience or gear? If they did lie, why don't you kick them instead?

What you did was selfish, unsportsmanlike and one of the reasons the community in this game has such a bad reputation.
    • Like x 13
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

noone forces you to play that way, that is your own choise to bail on the group you were in. you could have finished it and tried it again with your league later
    • Like x 1
  11. Poo New Player

Please leave.
    • Like x 2
  12. Black House New Player

Nope. nobody cares about your feats but you, unless you create a coincidence of needs.
    Don't hate the game or the player, hate the lack of communication...
    • Like x 2
  13. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

While I see your point as valid, your missing the point of the thread. The design of required SP has players doing exactly this. To be honest we all are selfish to an extent. Are you doing a raid or feat without any intention of personal gain? Are you putting raids together without expecting a certain CR requirement? Now maybe you can understand the human psyche. Any human is capable of any number of things given the environment or conditions in which they are accustomed to survive. This is the point of this thread. That my natural characteristics are being ignored by my desire to accomplish my personal goals. This in turn is a pattern of human behavior that we are conditioned to. So really....what game are you playing?:)
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

So, what I'm reading is that you made the assumption that people's CR's meant you'd automatically get the speed feat? Then, people were dying, or not going fast enough?
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Most of the time, I'm running raids for gear and or marks. If I'm putting together a run with a certain goal in mind, say a specific feat, I'll tailor the group for that goal, and I'll make sure that everyone is qualified to meet that goal. Case in point, say I wanted the FOS 3 speed feat. I'll run with 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 controller and 5 DPS. I'll ask everyone in the group if they understand the mechanics of the medic and I'll make sure the solo roles are overgeared for this instance so they can solo without a problem.

On the other hand, if I pug an FOS 3 group and ask "can we get the speed feat"? And the group fails, you'll be fully entitled to complain, but courtesy dictates you should stay. If you got pulled into a group only to find that they recruited you into the group to pull a bunch of undergeared players, and they didn't tell you, I could argue that you had a right to leave. If it becomes obvious that the group is destined to fail and not finish the final boss, then yeah, you can leave.
    • Like x 2
  16. Heartsbane Committed Player

A lot of what I do is for personal gain. It is usually also for the gain of those in the group with me. If I join a group for a specific purpose or feat and that feat becomes unachievable, I don't quit. I finish the content and try it again later. If players are having a hard time, I try to coach them. When it comes to forming groups, my CR requirements are set by DCUO. You're trying to justify you're selfish outlook on this game. It's an MMO and therefor the advancement of everyone benefits the community as a whole. What you, and many others like you, hurts the game. It does this by people not finishing the content and not getting the proper skills, gear and knowledge to play the higher tiered stuff.
    • Like x 2
  17. X-zero Loyal Player

FoS2 is a tricky speed feat and a raid even at high cr. I haven't tried it since t5 so it probably is a lot easier now, but in the past if you had more then one wipe there was a very low chance you would pull off the speed feat.

It is best never to assume a speed feat will happen unless people are making the group mainly for the purpose especially for harder ones like FOS2.
  18. Black House New Player

By all means be as selfish as you want, if that is your nature, some of us see the value of raising us ALL rather than pointing at those in the gutter.

• Like x 2
  19. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Lol we almost had a player there....and yet he slipped. All of you are reading what you want to read. Your perception is based on information given, but overlooking the arguable results.
  20. BLACK 718 New Player

op just leave your crying is not legitimate its to simple to excuse yourself and build another group of ppl looking for the speed feat instead of assuming it will happen because of there gear lol
    they probably had lower sp than you etc etc to many variables as to why it didn't happen but not a topic of discussion
    over n out...
    • Like x 1