Playstation Base Item Cap increased to 500 tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sbel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well see ;)
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I just wanted to do the soon thing. :(
    • Like x 5
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Coincidence, sure, but if we are looking at conspiracy stories why not also mention that if this were purely for Cross Play why not release it just before or with the hotfix/patch that introduces Cross Play? We don't mention it because of optimism. :p

PlayStation players have wanted the same base limit as PC players. It was not possible on PS3 (and thus the limitation) when first asked for. When the PS4 version came out the topic was brought up again. The PS3 was mentioned as playing on the same server thus bases were needed to be compatible. Around that time suggestions were made to limit PS3 players but allow players with access to a PS4 to have the increased amount. Likely this was brought up at the last SOE Live and thus why this idea was put into motion.

When Cross Play comes out it will very likely not have anything to do with how PlayStation players can login to these forums. I've had issues using PSN login authentication even on first party sites before (to this day trying to authenticate through PSN on store.playstation.com using Chrome is not possible for me, as an example).

Keep those conspiracy theories coming though. ;)
  5. Xanoth Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I do wonder how long "Soon™" has been a thing, as I remember it being used at least as far back as 2006, if not 2005.
  6. taylor0987 Well-Known Player

There are two reasons why PS users would want to have 500 base items active:
    1. the person feels that 200 items is not enough to decorate their base the way they want to
    2. the # of base items per base contributes to weekly prestige earned by you for your league. This amount is significant for smaller leagues.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    Oh how i've waited for this day to come...and I knew it would come before the end of the year...but this soon...somebody pinch me...cause I think i'm dreaming. I have 9 bases to decorate...and I can finally unload the base items my mules were carrying. Happy happy, joy joy...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I realize you didn't mean that to sound the way it does (it's written to express a different point)...but you telling me that you can decorate your lair really well with a 200 base item limit??? I did it...and it looked...ok. You could tell that more could be done, but with a 200 item limit, it just wasn't possible. I've seen so many beautifully decorated lairs only to realize that they were PC players, which allowed them to go all out putting things everywhere. Ok...got that off my chest...sorry about that. :D
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yup...seems like the precursor to it.

Btw, loving your updated sig...subtle difference, but nice (or maybe it's been like that for a while and i'm just noticing it on this 60" screen tv). ;)
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh I totally agree with you and I understand you realise what I was getting at. I'm definitely and advocate for 500 base items on Playstation versions.

The point I was trying to get at was that it wasn't an essential feature which was holding the game back. Playstation players haven't known a World where base items were limited to 500. Which means the majority of us could have survived. It wasn't doing any damage, it being limited to just 200.

There was no real need for the developers to increase it, but more importantly, create provisions which enables the PS3 client to be in an environment where 500 base items could be placed, but only 200 can be rendered at any moment. That would have taken more effort to add to the game than changing "limit=200" to "limit=500". The only reason they needed to do it is because of cross play and the possibility of PS3 users entering a PC players base with up to 500 base items in it, which most likely would have crashed the client or caused extreme, unplayable lag.

So to me, it suggests that we're close to cross play, as there is no real need for it for any other reason. Just a desire to have it.

• Like x 1
  11. Dazz-252 Committed Player

All little too late!!! I played this game for 4 years and 3 months ago I finally unsubbed. Tired of it all. From the community to the devs!
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

In my understanding, it had to do with an older game. Where they couldn't keep to a release schedule, so they started saying "soon". I think Millbarge is from that game and he is the one that kind of uses it the most on these forums as a joke.

I updated it recently. I did a drawing to ted on the right and wanted to add it in. I had to change the colors of the one on the left to match the one on the right. I also changed the background.

Old:
    [IMG]

New:
    [IMG]

Full image:
    [IMG]

Process video:

Back on topic!
    I really want the crossplay to happen very sooner than soon. :( I've been trying to work on my villain and it's like waiting at a county hospital to form a quick instance.
    • Like x 4
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh shoot, I'm sorry B. :(
    • Like x 1
  14. kabeq Well-Known Player

15. kabeq Well-Known Player

When we checked today the league hall limit was still 200. I sure hope they increase this.
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I didn't think this would increase the base item for the league halls today, if that was I'm sure it would have stated in the patch notes as well.

I made my comment because our league decorater has had a thread on her for months trying to advocate for it, and loading issues was one of the reasons why. If they can fix part of the issues (which they have done so, not sure how well it works Im not on a ps3 anymore) than hopefully in due time they can adjust the bases. That's what I meant to imply, sorry to get your hopes up too soon :p