Pet Builds are at a Disadvantage During Stat Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

No, it's definitely not subjective as the OP has demonstrated over many posts. Pet builds are at a disadvantage. Furthermore, I find it bizarre that there's an argument being put forth that "it's not a contest." Yes, we all know that. But wanting builds of different types-- especially ones that call for three specific level 200 arts and a maxxed Legendary Ally-- to be able to be competitive with other "meta" builds is not in any way unreasonable.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yup. I'm gadgets and am using Suppressor Turret for the pet build. Been gadgets since I created the character and never changed powers. I've gotten accusations of being a OP power before, even though I went against the flow for an anti meta build. And now even knowing that the build that I have is a B tier compared to what a meta gadgets can be, or a meta from other powers, I still wouldn't change powers or build.

Your idea seems like the easiest solution to me, it would let skill points matter more. Though pets themselves would still not benefit from a troll, unless this %increase could be associated with our might/precision, like if at 1 SP it benefits from 1% of our stats, then at 10 it benefits from 2%, for example. In the end, my own suggestion to your suggestion would cause pet builds to have a higher maxing ceiling if the stats are might and precision, unless it is "1% from might or 1% from precision, whichever is higher" (I know they wouldn't have the same % number, both those stats are calculated differently). :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Just a little "trick of the trade" to share:
    When running old content, grab a healing barrel, and smash it near your primary pet. They'll do the big attack more often.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

You could make it run off your focus?

So if you're weapons expert it is a % of your precision or super powered it's a % of your might.

Hybrid could then be a lower % of both? Just spitballing
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yea, that's a good solution.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

He could be gadgets and using turrets? No clue how well source works there
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I don't use pets on any controller power characters, hence my curiosity as to how effective it might actually be.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you still have stat bleed for actual stats from SP and artifacts and allies we are far from hampered
    most bosses are hit all your pets and trinkets and one single target rotation and boss is dead in just about everything clamped below raids
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Are you even sure what the “stats bleed” refers to? Our stats in clamped content may not change with the release of the next DLC and the addition of 10 SP in your primary stat. Someone who has maxed artifacts and maxed out their stat trees, may be at the end of their “stats bleed.” If this were the case this whole discussion would be moot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Every non elite player and non pet user:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's the question: Is this theory based on how we know this is all supposed to work, or do you have hard numbers proving this that you can present to the Devs. The latter gives them something to actually look into, the former still needs to be proven, and until it is they will continue monitoring things (instead of taking action).
    • Like x 2
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

For current content only:
    I have reset my skill points and not added into might, my pets with their CR at 357 did the same amount of damage as they did when I added my skill points back in. I would be curious to see someone take all of their skill points out and run Omni content, then do the exact same with their skill points. If there is a "huge difference" in their damage, then I could get on board with the 'pets need attention' idea. That would be, because if having 310 skill points makes a huge difference, but pets still do the same damage (with or without skill points) based completely from CR, then I could see a reasonable desire to have pets doing a little more damage with the stat bleed ideology.

Hopefully that made sense lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't need to be proven KHALON, it's easily apparent, because of the way pets function as discussed in this thread. A player using a more stereotypical meta model stands to gain entirely from any stat penetration in clamped content without the pet ceiling, because a pet user does split some focus to their pets a portion of their damage and progress within clamped (which is much slower through the penetration system) will be impacted by the fact the pets are hitting a ceiling that the stat penetration won't impact or improve.

I don't think it'll probably present itself as a discernible issue for probably a few years most likely but it will eventually raise its head, so Ryazan is right to probably raise early awareness because if the devs did something about it now, in the issues infancy, it would be all the better and we won't be complaining about it a few years from now clamoring under urgency for something to be done.
    • Like x 3
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s just the nature of humans. If it isn’t an issue right now because you’re still able to complete instances without being a hinder then we don’t focus our priority on it. Only when it becomes a problem (a few years from now) will something be done.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's a problem now, as has been demonstrated over many posts.
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Searching the forum, it shows that stat bleed is a term created by players to say that some stats gained from SP are still present while in clamped content.

Even if you assume that this bleed is hard capped forever, it doesn't make the discussion moot at all if it was true, as there would still be a point about how pets are not benefiting from our stats/SP at all during the clamp and everywhere else.
    • Like x 2
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm curious, if during the development process of the stat clamp, if the devs calculated everything back to the 'possible maximum stats' of that relative content.
    For example, if say you were clamped to CR 88, and the (hypothetical) maximum stat was 100, then provided you have at least 100sp in your primary stat, you'll receive maximum benefit (minus the boost provided from Omega): essentially making it impossible for "extra stats to bleed" into the maximum possible stat for that content. If that were/is the case, then the maximum stat that a pet could achieve, would be achieved at that relative Cr rating automatically.

Considering that stat bleed is not a developer coined term (or even verified by developers as being something that happens-to my knowledge) we have to prove/provide evidence that stat bleeding is taking place.

I'm all for buffing pets up, if indeed they do need buffed, but from my honest perspective, I don't feel at any disadvantage at all when running clamped content with my pet build. I still destroy enemies quickly, and my pets still do most of my damage. If someone could provide concrete evidence that pets are significantly suffering from clamped content, I would run the test multiple times myself, just to confirm it (or negate it if that was the case).
    • Like x 3
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I don’t think pets are at any disadvantage at the moment. Pretty sure OP knows they aren’t. But it’s about what happens eventually. You’re right that we have no idea what’s actually going on. Probably not good lol but is what it is. If everyone is indeed only allowed to bleed till a certain ceiling then our toons are in the same place as pets and that’s fine. Meaning the top toons are as strong as they will ever be right now. So if we’re clamped to cr88 and 100sp even if we’re 380cr and 700sp, then that’s that. But if it’s set up that we’ll get a bit stronger over time in clamped then pet’s will eventually be a hindrance. Would be good to know. Like a lot have said, this isn’t an issue today. May not be an issue in a year. But could be in 2 or 3.

I’m the end, would be nice time for some transparency on how much, if at all, will our toons strength will be allowed to grow. I’m under the assumption that it’s already a ceiling for end gamers and this is as strong as we’ll ever be in clamped content. Basically like t1 gets 30sp bleed while the last of the clamped content allows for 300sp.
    • Like x 1
  19. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That's pretty much how I envision it will take place/continue. Is a ceiling for stats per CR relevancy; otherwise, eventually, it would be like a CR 350 going in (even clamped at 100) and just range tapping his way through the instance again. Who knows, maybe by then, only omnibus will be clamped and just going to regular on duty will remove the clamp but place a lock on the regular on duty for that content.
    • Like x 1
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Maybe it’s time for a nerd out twitch stream; “BEHIND THE #’S.” Whiteboards and smoking jackets welcome. :)

Hey there’s always new shiney’s to show off…how bout some love for the muscle behind the scenes…the formulas!
    • Like x 2