One long time players opinion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Apollo Starr, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Brilliantly absurd circular logic. Yes, calling out someone for their own immaturity; who is running around calling everyone else immature because they don't understand them... is in fact immature for calling the original immature person immature.

You're amazing wing. Why don't you go sift through my history more and bump some stuff. It'll keep you out of trouble and from posting silly stuff like this that makes you look less than ideal.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

I mean getting high level gear plus max source marks just to play old content doesn’t seem like an unbalanced ratio in my opinion. I don’t think we should be fully rewarded for cutting everything down just by looking at it, and mind you I’ve played DCUO since 2013. Don’t let my forums account birthdate fool you lol. I’m every bit of veteran as those guys complaining so it’s not a veteran vs new player debate. It’s what both sides think is fair for the game. Most players upset are upset mainly because their production has been reduced in old content which is a fair argument but is based on an individual perspective. Not a big picture perspective.
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

Yes it actually can. The caveat being that they understand their roles enough to perform them at a good level. You don’t have to be elite at content to beat reg but you do have to understand what you’re doing.

Wanna know why I say this? This past July. I made some low level characters with the intention of them serving as alts. One that can troll, and one that can heal (My main at the time was a DPS/Tank) and I’ll be blunt. There were a lot of instances on both characters where my production as a dps greatly exceeded players with better artifacts and better gear than me. Yet we were beating content without players that severely overgeared said content. Was it difficult? Yes. Telling players how they should play their roles can be difficult if they don’t listen. But when players open their ears, and listen. The content became considerably easier.

The issue is that new players don’t know what they’re doing. Those players don’t exactly have a good tutorial, and the vets of today have no desire to help new players out. That’s why this problem exists. I personally feel that the clamp will push more vets to helping new players out more. I do believe that there will be vets that will look to completely avoid new players as well but at the end of the day I think new players will get more out of this game in the current state it’s in than the state it was in prior.
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Fair enough but at the end of the day, our experiences vary and our reasons for playing vary. Stating that the new changes are more 'fair' than before isn't too honest. I disagree that people are upset because their production was reduced, I think people are upset because a change that severely impacted the game was forced on them in order to alleviate the pressure from the other side.

The moment you makes changes to make one side happy while alienating the other, you're bound to creating an upset crowd. This was inevitable the moment they chose to clamp everything for everyone but I firmly believe it could've been avoided if the changes weren't so drastic and weren't so in favor of one side of the fence.

This isn't Final Fantasy or WoW, our population is extremely low. I think it was unwise to make such a 180 without sort of testing the terrain further, yes the PTS was available but a vast majority of the player base doesn't know of its existence or uses it.

If they really believe a full force stat clamp of all the content was necessary then so be it but I would've rather seen parts of the content get clamped gradually until everything is. That way they could've tested the waters better and adjusted everything with time. Also would've made it easier for players to slowly adjust and adapt to those changes.
  5. Shalayah Committed Player

You’re right. A game should be fun and not tedious, but who’s to say the game wasn’t unfun/tedious before the update? Everybody has their own definition of what they enjoy and what they don’t and it’s the devs job to figure out how their vision of the game will align with as many people as they think will benefit from the changes they make.

I personally found the prior version of DC to be tedious and unfun because there was no true challenge yet the solutions presented to that problem by players was to take off my gear and run with pugs. Do you think that’s a viable solution to wanting the game to be more difficult? Obviously the devs didn’t otherwise this change would’ve never happened. There are players who enjoy the update because the game isn’t so easy to the point you could beat it with one hand on your controller/ keyboard, and there are some who don’t because content takes longer. There are new players who like being given the chance to actually contribute to content and there are some who don’t like the fact they can’t progress as fast due to carries. There’s a side to every story but at the end of the day. It’s about what’s good for the playerbase not the individuals, and the devs felt that this was a risk worth taking.

Time will tell.
  6. Raptim Well-Known Player

I share the op's opinion completely. I had no issues completing stuff, but it was boring spending that much time to run stuff ive been running for years for some cr. I feel it was a mistake not to make new missions. Maybe I've been playing this game too long.
    • Like x 2
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm actually kind of enjoying myself.
  8. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

A whole lot of us are there with you. We had no idea had bad this would be.
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Im in favor of the clamp but we are some ways to go before it reaches a good state. Some instances are easy quick runs, but most elites and raids that demand specific mechanics are a chore, not to mention you dont always have the 3 roles (properly).

Im not in favor of one shotting everything, but I dont want to spend tedious minutes in a old raid.
    • Like x 1
  10. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I'm seeing a whole lot of green in my stats panel when playing Flashpoint Gotham. What gives?
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

When I read posts like this I feel like we all play a different game from one another. My groups are smash-blasting everything just fine and ignoring all but critical mechanics, just like they did before the update. Nothing has had to disband or taken much more time than it did before. I have had a few longer runs, because some of the older content was just longer. FoS: The Chasm is just longer than Flash to the Future, but like, I can't blame groups, or updates for that, it's just a bigger map with more tasks to accomplish.

I really truly am sorry that some people aren't having a good time with the new systems. As far as things taking forever or failing/disbanding though? I'm just not having that experience. Likewise, I'm not denying that other people are! I just wonder why our experiences seem to be so different.

We have this thread, and another posted now showing off bounty soloing post-update. And I'm just like, huh? I feel like I'm playing the "we can solo bounties and kill raids fine" game, but some people seem to be playing "everything is much harder and takes longer". My solos seem to be around 3-7 minutes, duos range more from short stuff like Team Joker (2-3 mins) to duos with more cutscenes and/or longer fights like Raising Hades (8-10 mins) but solos and duos seem fine time-wise. Alerts have a ton of variability, you can definitely have a super quick blowout like Batcave Breach, or a rather drawn out adventure in Arkham Asylum, but again that's always been the case. We're just more used to recent, faster, content.

I'm not telling anyone how to feel, how to play, or how to spend time and money. I am curious as to what amount of time people feel is reasonable in various types of instances. What feels reasonable in Duos, Alerts, Raids etc? What's ideal?

I'm also curious, for anyone who misses one-shotting or being crazy OP, what were you spending your time smashing? Again, no judgment, but I am interested in different playstyles and motivations. What do you miss?
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Copy pasta to answer your question

13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youve got a really good point, however the very nature of stat clamp is drastic to people in itself. Id rather they come in hard with that stat clamp as its basis and compromise from there. What allows you to still feel powerful [relative to your peers], yet still allows players to engage with and interact with a boss?
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not addressed to me but still…
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I waited an hour and a half for phantom zone to q up and finally just gave up and logged out. As it stands right now i can basically just run the solo mission for grains of time since the raid is weekly and the 4 man never seems to q up and its very frustrating. They should have added some outdoor mission to do like past dlc's have.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yea, queuing for the Save the Universe alert keeps taking 15min+ to pop.
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You're not obligated to answer, but questions were what amount of time is reasonable, and what do you miss one-shotting. What you copied didn't address either question. Why are you "reduced to a rabbit in headlights"?
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Some instance could have their clamped band slightly widened *cough*GothamCourtHouse*cough*
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

So, I ran this 5 times yesterday. Are you queueing as only DPS? If I Q up as a tank, it's nearly instant. Healer takes 1-2 minutes. DPS/Troll is 10+ minutes at a time. A lot of players still have their role-optional alerts set to the default, on. So, if you have a healer, a tank, and 2 DPS queued, they'll never find each other until one of the DPS queues Troll as well.

Not sure if this is what's happening, hopefully you get better queue times, either way.
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yes, I queue as dps/troll and it's still awful, sometimes it takes just as long when I queue my tank. It was never this bad during Flashpoint.