One long time players opinion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Apollo Starr, Aug 28, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'm not entirely for or against the stat clamping, I don't think it's a bad idea but I definitely think it could've been done better.

I think that by forcing anything on the player base, you're bound to alienate a portion of your consumers. I'm sure the developers spent a lot of time brainstorming all of this but I wish they would've have maybe gathered more insight from the players before implementing the new system.

Personally I think that making the stat clamping an event-type of system rather than forcing it on everything would've have been better. By that I mean, every week we could've had a portion of the existing content be stat clamped, offer unique new rewards amongst the existing ones and allow for players to still run everything else like it used to be. I don't play World of Warcraft anymore but the Timewalking system is something I always appreciated, something similar would've been fun in DCUO. When you look at it, it's basically the same concept as what we have going on right now except the stat clamp isn't applied to everything.

I also think that what's hurting the new system right now is that the game was extremely casual friendly for too long and now we took a 180 and the player base needs to adapt. People are used to playing a certain way and are used to the content being ridiculously easy and to have everything change on a dime can be quite the ordeal for them.

From what I'm seeing and I could be wrong but I think that most people who are enjoying the update are those who play this game religiously or more often than others, those who seek a challenge and those who felt like content was too "quick". This update gives them more time to explore and enjoy past and present content while also challenging their abilities. The update seems to be hurting those with limited time the most, the content being a bit more difficult requires more time and coordination, in turn limiting their play time.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sandri New Player

3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Players who are in favor of one shooting adds and bosses are also FORCING the new players to deal with players like that. Just saying..
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not really, they could have made a group with players at their cr. Now I’ll probably never be able to beat DWF or old elites again. :(
    • Like x 3
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes really, if your ideal is to be so SUPER and strong that you feel privileged to be able to one shot adds and bosses then because of that ideal your imposing your will onto new players by doing just that.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It would probably require too much effort for them.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For the record, I don’t want to oneshot anything. Quite aside from how boring it is for other players, killing stuff too fast can make an instance lock up. But now, the ability to make things a little easier by getting better gear is gone because we will only ever be 10cr above the boss.
    • Like x 1
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Don't forget your massive skill points, augments and artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

None one was ever imposing anything on anyone though. Prior to this update, players could still form their own groups allowing them to run content the way they wanted. The problem is that those people were too lazy to do it and wanted the ability to just queue randomly and have everyone be around their level.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh I’m not saying it would have been easy, but at least it was a possibility. Now I’ll never beat some content, ever.
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s no defence stat in any of those things, so anything that’s going to kill me is still going to kill me.
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You can form groups with high end players and not worry about mechanics because you guys are supposed to know them. There are a lot of people who also pug including high end players. With this update it allows them to revisit old content and there is where new players will be at. But because some of you just want to get it over with you literally are imposing your will onto them I seen it happen so you guys cannot tell me "not really".
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thats true I forget I'm a battle-tank so I have no issues in surviving or dealing damage LMAO

To be fair you get 50% defense increase when you use neo-venom boost and some arts increase your def.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just 70cr, enough to stop a single stray enemy from killing me, would make all the difference. I don’t want to oneshot things, I just want to finish them without having a heart attack. I would happily have my artifacts and skill points clamped in exchange for some more defence.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I did feel bad when I saw an enemy one shot a player but I couldn't do much when it's scripted. Sure I can add my shield supercharge as atomic but I feel you. Healers should also be applying HoT so many things can be done to alleviate said problems.
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

See a post saying you don’t enjoy the clamp is perfectly fine. Everybody at the end of the day is entitled to their opinions. However trying to predict the future based on your own perspective is where you get comments from players calling it an overreaction.

However I can bring facts to the table. Prior to this clamp. The narrative was the exact same. Flashpoint had high activity the first few weeks, and up until this current update. The activity has significantly dropped off. Why is that? Because there’s nothing to do after you’ve done everything. That’s how it’s always been so how is it that there’s doom and gloom because players can’t one shot stuff in old content now? There wasn’t nobody saying “3 weeks, 3 months snd 3 years” then? If you’re basing this perspective simply off of the fact that history repeats itself. Then in the end the stats clamp isn’t the issue.

As for the 100 minutes comment. Personally no piece of content shouldn’t take that long even now unless it’s a poorly made group. I mean groups back then were poorly made, but they only succeeded because someone with high gear was able to carry people through. Since that’s not the case anymore a simple solution would be to create a group using LFG.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Hear me out, the clamp could've been optional and everyone would've been happy. People wouldn't be bickering over who's narrative is the best. Isn't what you're doing right now exactly what you're criticizing these other people of doing? Imposing their will? I'm not completely disagreeing with your points but don't be hypocritical.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well so much for that whole quickplay/omnibus thing, then.
    • Like x 2
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The narrative as always been the same with the content though. It was never the players' fault that there was nothing to do after running your dailies. The content has been very limited for a long time now, it's ridiculous how fast you could run through weekly and daily stuff. It wasn't necessarily all due in fault to the difficulty of the content but also because there was little amount of new content with each episode and the creativity behind it was lacking.

PvP having not been supported for a long time also affected the game, back then when people finished their dailies and weeklies they'd start doing PvP but with that element having been forgotten, people stop playing it.

I personally think there's a lot more issues within the game that were and are affecting other facets of the game and I doubt stat clamping will fix those. Stat clamping in my opinion was a band-aid meant to heal the small wound while the game is still hemorrhaging in other areas.
    • Like x 1
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I wasn't being hypocritical in fact I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy but I'm being called out as one? Lmao good one. For your information stat clamps doesn't bother me. I'm competent enough to follow instructions, I'm okay with one shotting adds and bosses before the update and I'm still okay with playing content as stat clamp because I have no trouble in my abilities. I'm not those players who can't even finish Khandaq or any other low tier content when you have max arts, skill points and augments.