One Handed Focus Blast.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 13igtyme, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ForumJunky New Player

No matter what you post, when you put a thread up and having anything fixed, your going to get players who lay nerf it don't nerf it why nerf it just fix it. You get all responses so who care what you really want it to mean, it means it all.
  2. Photomancer New Player

Rlly first dw now one handed.Looks like ill just have to dps nexus with rifle all the time and martial arts for pvp
    • Like x 1
  3. Dianna WD New Player

Not exactly... Nerf the RANGE 1h atk, because this weapon is a MELEE weapon... Buff the Bow and DP damage.

HB after the update, is now one of the most useful range weapon and all players loved it... Make the others range weapons useful for range raids.

i will repeat it again... The One Handed range atk is doing much more damage than the One Handed melee combos and doing much more damage than any other range weapon.
    • Like x 3
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

So much yes to bow/DP upgrade
    • Like x 1
  5. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Wtf are you talking about. You sound like, nerf the weapon i dont use, dont touch what i use. For me is more unbalanced the fact you can combo the tap of HB without any length of the first hold, and you won't see me whinning around as you guys.

I thought you were not asking for nerf? i see you guys comming from miles ago, so predictable. If the 1hd nerf finally comes, i wonder what would be the next weapon for "not claiming for nerf", i bet is not HB, because is the weapon they use :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Z3u5 New Player

"I thought you were not asking for nerf? i see you guys comming from miles ago, so predictable. If the 1hd nerf finally comes, i wonder what would be the next weapon for "not claiming for nerf", i bet is not HB, because is the weapon they use"

Now you are crying like " dont nerf my weapon plz"
    because if you start to think, make some sense ranged weapons give more damage in range atacks , and melee doing more dmg in melee atacks, if they do this kind of thing you will stop to see every player using rifle to AOE and one randed to single target, and starting to see players using others ranged weapons like bow and DP. and buff the melee from melee weapons maybe put more defense to make possible you hit some boss melee ,because all the DPS in raids today need to be ranged , i want new raid with boss like Prime in begining you need to now when you can hit melee when you stay ranged
    • Like x 1
  7. Chelzoraan Active Player

balance should be about buffing other stuff up to par, not nerfing. the whole nerfing cycle not only creates a negative community, it also reflects poorly on the devs, always taking the easy way out "why buff many when we can nerf one"
    • Like x 1
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

It's been confirmed that focus blast got a ninja buff. So it was either the devs put it in, or when they new update came it gave focus blast a bug and made it slightly stronger than it was. Shiny mackerel has confirmed through tests that it's stronger than it was. So we, without throwing hissy fits, need to decide if it is balanced as it is or if it is out of balance.
  9. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

It makes more sense ranged weapons making more dmg in ranged attacks? Also it makes more sense a person not to fly but yet we have fliers. Dude, this is a game, forget about making more sense or less. The weapons are not ranged VS melee, the weapons are (at least for DPS) AOE weps VS single target weps or thats how i understand them. Man, my character shoots fans, rams and a lot more crazy stuff, but i should bother about a melee weapon dealing more dmg than a ranged weapon? C'mon, lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Z3u5 New Player

but excly this you will use the weapon than gives more damage , if a ranged wepon gives more damage you will use this , i am using a one handed to single target to , but i iagreed if other weapon gives the same damage i will have a choice to use others weapons to play and not only one handed to single and rifle to AOE , i belive in all weapons with same damage to you choose for afinity not for damage unbalanced
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I did several test last night on one handed and not once when i did a half charge did I get high crits like that only on full charges in fact at half charge it was hitting stupidly low for me. I was testing on a training dummy in base and im sure that makes my test off a little but after trying with several diffrent weapons they all seemed pretty ballanced except staff which on full charge hit harder more reliably. will try to do some more this weekend when I'm off tho
  12. Potent New Player

Totally should have ran Phase Dodge over Bunker Buster if you're going to be soloing like that with a Rifle and 3 Trolls.

The amount of extra burst damage you could have shoe-horned in using Phase Dodge would have GREATLY trumped the amount of damage you would do with 4 Bunker Busters.
  13. ForumJunky New Player

First of all, when your on the PC phase dodge is pointless because if you look how fast he clipped his moves, you cant do that on PS3 just cant, but if he put KARMIC HEX in if load out to clip intimidation with it your will do a lot more damage over a period of time. no lie
  14. Potent New Player

Phase Dodge is important simply BECAUSE of Rifle and how fast he is clipping.

Everytime you Phase Dodge = Free Grenade

Rotating powers in the right orders allowing all long animations to be clipped with PD(Hell, throw in Karmic Hex before the PD as well, even more damage) makes your character look some sort of morphing grenade lobber.

If you're going to run more than 2 trolls without any other power competition, you might as well be making the most of it, and an exrra 500-1000 AOE damage every 2-3 seconds that takes practically no time is the best way.
  15. Dianna WD New Player

It's sounding much more like you don't want the 1h fixed/nerfed because you like to play with it than wanting a more versatile game...

Man... The range atk from One Handed is doing MUCH MORE damage than the melee atk...For range weapons it make sense, but not for One Handed...
  16. ForumJunky New Player

You are on the ps3 so phase dodge is needed to clip faster! Hr clips so fast on PC its pointless to use phase dodge trust me
  17. Potent New Player

Trust me, there is no such thing as "clipping so fast PD is pointless to use"

If you are going to have the endless power supply of 3 or 4 Trolls, you might as well give them a reason to be there.

This has nothing to do with what is or isn't needed. This is about pulling maximum possible DPS regardless of resource costs. PD is (at his point) the only possible way to net additional time-free damage(PD>Grenade>Power is so fast it simply looks like you used the last power in the rotation.)

The faster you use abilities, the more amazing PD becomes(as it allows you to use abilities at an even faster rate, while dealing additionally grenade damage) If he was doing the exact, however using Phase Dodge every 2 secs, he would be yielding another 500-1000AOE damage every time he popped it. Along with that, it would smooth out the transition between some powers as there would be absolutely no animation watching or downtime.(Such as using Cryofoam, intim, trinkets)

Saying that clipping that fast makes using Phase Dodge pointless is akin to telling a Drag Racer that it is pointless to try and add another 1 or 2 Horsepower because he already wins every race.
  18. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Lets try to stay on topic here, please.
  19. Dirty Fred New Player

Sorry i forgot... what was the topic?
  20. iLove Frannyyy New Player

I heard it's getting nerfed