Omnipotent Gear Revisions Needed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, Sep 5, 2015.

1. BatmanRebirth New Player

Devs, can you make this a thing or at least squash the idea if it's not something you'll do at all. Either way an answer is an answer.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

3. BatmanRebirth New Player

Well yeah, they're not technically "Elite" gear, they're better. With as rare as they are to drop they should be considered Elite gear, that would be awesome. When they first came out, it was before elite gear existed. I think it does make sense for the Omni-Gear to be elite as well.
  4. BatmanRebirth New Player

I'm guessing that there's no plans for anything like this due to the lack of response from any dev... I'd be happy even with a "maybe in the next 2 years" comment from a dev.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

It's amazing what you learn in the third grade.

Theres this thing called accents. It happens when a person from a country other than America pronounces something differently from an American even though the word is the same it can sound quite different.

I could Google it for you but I'd imagine the truth might just bug you. ;)
  6. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I was talking about other Americans saying "Om-knee-po-tents"

You're quite rude lately. I think you need a Snickers love.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I just found your original post somewhat funny and was replying in kind. Don't worry I still love you. Don't tell anyone else I said that though...

oh wait. sh...
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is a want not a need :)
  9. BatmanRebirth New Player

I'm sure it's a want by a lot of people, but it is kinda of a need as well now. When the helm, rings, and neck came out CR wasn't intended to measure how a toon performed in battle. It was just stats then which was fine, but if they're going to keep these items "omnipotent" with a really hard drop rate then they should be updated to meet the new standards. Come on Mepps, you got a promotion... help us out here. At least tell us it'll never happen, closure would be nice one way or the other.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Mepps didn't get a promotion .... This is still a want not a need
  11. BatmanRebirth New Player

Oh, my mistake... thought it was a promotion. Still kinda both a want and need.
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

how is this a need? Cause of how long it takes to get them and his rare they are? That doesn't make this a need ... They are only a need to those who have them and Want them to be more then they are ... They were intended as a temporary carrot for those to replay the instance after all the gear has been collected ... Everything you described in your first response to me was the definition of a want and not a need... I get that you want them to mean something but what your asking for is not what they were intended for ... And I believe mepps has already said long ago there is no plans for thrse to become anything more it was in one of the many of these types of threads
  13. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Well I haven't gotten the Hands of Omnipotence yet I'm glad that the Devs took one of my suggestions and made them Elite. Thank you Devs and hopefully you guys continue to do something with the older pieces.

Another suggestion, since it seems your adding more OP gear, is to have an Affinity Bonus for the Omnipotent gear. With the newest content it's already possible to have 6 pieces of Omnipotent gear (2 Rings) but still possible. Maybe add:

Type A Mod: CR Increase
    Active while wearing 2 pieces of "Omnipotence" gear:
    Boost CR by 2.5%
    (With 2 of the lowest CR pieces on and the rest of the gear at max CR, the CR goes down by 4. At a lower CR it's a nice boost and at late game its a good incentive. I feel that the increase shouldn't be much higher than 2.5% though because the latest piece of Omni gear is already 133 and with future pieces coming out the percentage seems correct to account for future CR requirements.)

Type B Mod: CR Increase + Stat Increase
    Active while wearing 4 pieces of "Omnipotence" gear:
    Boost CR by 2.5% and the following effects:
    + 2.5% Health
    + 2.5% Power
    + 2.5% Restoration
    + 2.5% Vitalization
    + 2.5% Dominance
    + 2.5% Might
    + 2.5% Precision
    (This is mostly to address the "RIng of Omnipotence". The rings original affinity is only for precision while all other rings give an appropriate affinity for the role. I figure an appropriate balance would be to give a percentage based boost across all stats to also account for future Omni gear additions as well.)

Type C Mod: CR Increase + Crit Increase
    Active while wearing 6 pieces of "Omnipotence" gear:
    Boost CR by 2.5% and the following effects:
    + 2.5% Critical Ability Attack Chance
    + 2.5% Critical Weapon Attack Chance
    + 2.5% Critical Power Chance
    + 10% Critical Power Magnitude
    + 2.5% Critical Healing Chance
    + 10% Critical Healing Magnitude
    (This is just a good incentive to farm for that Omni gear. There isn't much that increases these stats except the gear and it makes sense that there would an Omnipotence boost with these stats, but that's my opinion at least)

I don't quite know what to do with a Type D Mod just yet since we don't even have 8 pieces of Omnipotence gear to put on. I do feel that this could be the easier approach instead of re-creating the original pieces of OP gear though. Hope these come to fruition (or something like this) in the next coming months. Thanks again Devs for making that latest piece of Omni gear Elite like I suggested too. It does only make sense.
    • Like x 1
  14. megamanzero Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Great idea, I also support this.+1
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Add an R&D aspect to upgrade or alter stats of any item according to your build desire??? for any piece of gear?? not just Omnipotence items.... (Might, or Precision, or Dom, or Vit, or Restoration?) :eek:

[IMG]
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Can i decide the range effectiveness/range, or mid, or close dps strength too? with mods created from R&D?
    [IMG]

Make a high defense DPS build for melee/troll/heal? Tank expected. no?
    whoops, AM.... range, mid, or close? vary build capacity? make certain powers more effective per AM rotation, per range, mid, close?
  18. DrTyme Well-Known Player

A solution which would be easy to implement especially with the r&d system they just added. While there will be r&d plans for raid level rings make another that is for increasing omnipotent gear but have it so it takes more scraps then regular pieces. Therefore people still have to grind for gear and scraps, they still need marks to buy the plans etc, so wouldn't hurt the game and replays would still be used people rushing to upgrade them.
    • Like x 2
  19. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Okay Devs, here are two more ideas that would:

1. Have the least amount of changes to the current game
    2. Would NEVER need to be adjusted/changed in later iterations of the game
    3. Provides a simple elegant adjustment to make the older Omnipotence Gear still relevant

Idea 1:
    Type D Mod: Omnipotence Boost
    Active while wearing 2 pieces of "Omnipotence" gear:
    Adjust your "Equipped CR" to your current "Combat Rating"

(The data for a players current "Combat Rating" is already saved and only statically changes when said player gets new gear. This would be a simple single purchasable mod that a player can get to adjust their "Equipped CR" without the potential of accidentally glitching the current CR system.)

Idea 2:
    Have all the current Affinity Mod Bonuses include "If your wearing at least 2 pieces of "Omnipotence" Gear, your "Equipped CR" will match your current "Combat Rating". Though this would take more coding since it's an adjustment to all the current Affinity Mods it would allow the players to still choose what mods they want and not have to sacrifice any specific "Type ? Mod" to get the bonuses from having Omni gear.

Thanks Devs to all the improvements on the game so far and I'll keep the faith strong on hoping the Hard Light update is around the corner as well. And if you can, please respond to this post on whether or not something like this is possible in a future Game Update.
    • Like x 1
  20. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

2 great ideas, +1