Omnipotent Gear Revisions Needed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SixSigma, Sep 5, 2015.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Hey Devs, great job so far BTW. Enough with small talk, down to brass tacks... is it in the works (or possible) to get a revision to the Omnipotent gear? Currently the gear is still okay but with all the changes to how much CR matters in content now, wouldn't it make sense to update the Omnipotent Gear as well. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Have the gear include the "Elite" keyword so they could count towards the new affinity bonuses. The Omnipotent gear isn't easy to get and should be Elite gear in essence. It just makes sense.

2. The gear should automatically increase in Item Level based on the highest piece of Item Level gear equipped. The Omnipotent gear is amazing and as such, it should be lowering our Equipped CR when using it. It effectively increases our stats but lowers our performance, it's a strange non-balance if that makes any sense. The gear should have a percentage based Item Level that adjust with the amount of new gear gotten. This way it's not like a person automatically gets their CR increased but as they get new gear it doesn't plateau low.

3. The Rings of Omnipotence shouldn't have a static increase mod affinity. Not everyone DPS's the same way and some may not like having a mod slot that increases only Precision. I personally do, but I'm looking out for those that don't. Like the PvP gear, the rings should have a Prismatic Socket and based on the colors modded in, it could give a percentage based stat increase or something along the lines of Crit percentage increase.

I feel that making changes to the Omnipotent gear would then bring some value to them again and increase replay-ability in older content. Just my 2-cents Devs, thanks again and I hope the community can back me on this one.
    • Like x 7
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree on this. However I think the OP items should have a upgradeable CR option via R&D. And the affinity should work like the Elite affinity.
    • Like x 7
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

They (somehow) fixed it so that the Orange weapons in the Oa duo and Halls of Hades raid don't lower our CR. It would be great if this was somehow applied to the Omnipotent pieces.

Side note: Everyone should Google how to pronounce "omnipotence". It bugs me to no end when people pronounce it like a third grader reading aloud in class.
    • Like x 2
  4. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Great points guys and yes people should learn how to say it, but that would be an entirely new discussion that would take too much data for their servers, lol. And an upgrade-able CR via R&D? Do you mean like a white mod that can be made that would give a boost as well as update the Item Level or do you mean another mod spot solely for updating the Item Level?
  5. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Imagine a R&D plan that turned a Ring of OP plus a Catalyst VII into a CR120 ring. That's how some games handle upgrading gear, instead of just tossing it out in the DCUO model of advancement.
    • Like x 2
  6. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I get it, that makes sense. So an easy upgrade for a Gear of Omnipotence would be to use it as precursor to get another Omnipotent item of higher Item Level then continue that on as the CR cap increases... I like that. That's pretty good.
  7. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm guessing nothing may come of this considering the community isn't really backing these ideas and the Devs have probably not even read this thread. At least we tried fellas.
  8. Red Templar Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

On one Hand I'd like to see this happen, since I was lucky enough to get some OP-items.

On the other Hand I just got those, because I was super lucky. Other People are not that lucky and still have never seen a single OP-item drop. I can see, how this would feel like an unfair Advantage for those, who never got such an item before.

But I also have to admit, that it felt odd, when they upped the stats of those items, but not the CR. It would have made sense to leave both as it was or up both, but not just one or the other.
  10. game007dad Well-Known Player

I agree with the OP, I was lucky enough to actually get a God Ring out of A&B & was surprised after taking a long break that it is still better stat wise than the highest CR ring you can get. I think items like these should have their CR raised but I would suggest auto raising it to match the current Vendor gear. But I would not do anything else to them as this would be, IMHO, unfair to those who have not been lucky enough to get them.
  11. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

Nice idea since is an ultra rare omnipotent gear, it would be fun to see the Omni Helmet get boosted lol.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't think it makes sense from a business perspective to do this.

The developers directly monetise progression by making the best gear hard to obtain and then lock us out of being able to earn it until a weekly timer resets. The way to bypass the timer is via paid-for product: replay badges.

Having scaling/powerful omnipotence items in the game would merely degrade this model. If you take into consideration what omnipotence items there are, I believe there's a Face, Neck, Rings and Head. That's 5 pieces out of your 15 gear slots, occupied with gear which never needs to be upgraded, ever again.

Going this approach would mean the developers lose 5 slots of gear to those who already have the pieces, which is effectively 1 DLC's worth of drops (the 3rd DLC in a "season").

On top of that, there are probably many people out there who received omnipotence items and deleted them due to being irrelevant now. Making them relevant again would just piss off those people.

Overall, it's a nice "cheat mode, player benefited" idea, but it shouldn't happen.
    • Like x 1
  13. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

They could also make something that drops in the newer content they create that would allow us to upgrade th OP item to that particular cr so there would still be reason for us to run it. Or have it so I we want to upgrade our 102 mask to 123, we'd need to have the 123 mask first to "combine" it with the 102.

Plus, it might make people reset prime, lockdown and AB again to chase the items.

I'm sooo for this idea. I would like for the OP items to have relevance again. I still use the face and neck on my troll and just the face on my dps. Cause it looks too friggin good.
  14. SSeid Committed Player

Unfortunatelly this type of request is unrealistic. It simply won't happen. The devs have made it clear as of late that they have no interest of remaking any of the core systems.. which is probably a good thing because I wouldn't trust them with a rubber ball, let alone complicated coding.

To do what you describe the game will require a new and good RnD system, that can't happen with a mere revamp they will need to redesign it from zero... it took them 14? months to make 4 out of 6 legends characters ( 2 are carbon copies ) ... and everything they need for them is already in game. Making something from zero and implimenting would take years and an untold amount of resources, things they either don't have (resources ) and are unwilling to invest ( time ).
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Absolutely not.

We'd have to beat RNG in possibly it's absolute worst form, twice, to take advantage of this system. That's a huge no no for a start, considering how much we can trust the developers in regards to loot.

I also disagree that relevant gear should be dropping in old content which we're over powered for. In the many times I've suggested a marks base system for progression, it has been shot down by certain individuals, saying absolutely not, because the best gear should be earned from the hardest content. Prime Battleground, Lockdown, A&B and Throne of the Dead are anything but hard content now. So on that basis, I'm going to be a dick and say no for similar reasons why players oppose the use Marks of Victory to buy the best gear.
  16. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I pronounce it wrong on purpose joking around sometimes by saying omni-po-tence although I know it's om-nip-o-tence.

Similar to when I go out with my wife and purposely order Filet Mignon by saying Fill-Let Mig-Non
    • Like x 2
  17. Kreachure Committed Player

18. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I understand the concern over what might get messed up but instead of a redesign they could simply adjust the Item Level to match your current highest Item Level based on your current CR. Which would mean that players would still have to get the appropriate items, attune them and equip them to change their CR. This wouldn't be too difficult for adjust the Item Levels.

The other changes would take time though if the Devs were to actually this kind of change, but with their current model of rolling out updates, an update like this wouldn't have to be all at once. Which then makes it possible and realistic.

Actually this works well in a business sense since more people would get Replay Badges in order to plow through older content for the chance at Omnipotent gear. Additionally the difficulty of the drop rate on the Omnipotent gear does justify it being adjusted. Not everyone has them and they drop less frequently than people would imagine. And with the above idea I responded with, people would still have to obtain the highest gear in order to adjust the Item Level in the first place.

In fact, pending the work they want to put in, the Devs could actually implement the use of whatever the newest gear is as a prerequisite for crafting the new gear. It would be along the lines of purchasing the plan via the vendor and crafting an updated Item of Omnipotence out of the similar pieces of gear, i.e. Omni Ring + New Content Ring + Omnipotent Catalyst (vendor bought).

And as far as people getting pissed off for deleted items "they" thought was irrelevant, that's kind of a user-error type issue. People are going to be mad anyway regardless, just because.
    • Like x 1
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's not really user error if you deleted a piece of gear that the game made irrelevant through design and would never be relevant again, though. People would have a right to be pissed.

Just for the record, before I'm perceived as a pissed off guy who deleted all his gear when it became irrelevant: I've only ever seen one Omnipotence item, the Helm of Omnipotence. I got it long after it became irrelevant and it sits in my bank. So I'm not bitter or angry that I deleted it; it's still there. I just don't see the need for this kind of change.

As for replays, you're probably right. The try hards will go back and spam replay badges.
  20. SixSigma Well-Known Player

If it came off as me calling you one of those pissed off people, I didn't mean too. But I see you're point considering we have no actual idea if they're going to make them relevant again. With a new company in place trying to push new content and "new" content I started saving things in my bank just in-case they do something with it.