Omnipotence Necklace

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Allies, Jul 18, 2014.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Again i totally disagree that the best gear should always be obtained through marks. Like i said b4 someone could just reset the easier raid 3 times and get the same marks that i do for running all 3 t6 raids and they buy the same gear even though they took the easier path to do it. And u keep saying WE, funny cause im not included in that we at all as i 1000% disagree w/u. U dont speak for the dcuo community so u should probaly stop saying WE.

U also say "made it fair for all players", well like i already said above, a player taking the easier path to obtain the same marks and gear as someone who take the harder path is not fair what so ever.
    • Like x 1
  2. DaTruthBeTold New Player

Lol yup, my lowest toon ended up with gold ring everyone on the raid was pissed lol even me I couldn't believe how much I ran it with my main and ended with it in my lowest toon with the least favorite power, it actually was quite embarrassing since I did kinda bad on my damage not to bad for my gear tho but yea the lowest mostly get it lol.

Ow and I actually did encounter a raid where the top dps that actually got the ring a person that actually deserve it got it.
    • Like x 1
  3. DC-Doll New Player

Dear Mr. Loche,
    I do not go to work with you. I do not see what you guys do. I am not trying to attack anybody or call anybody out or post any crazy conspiracy theories, however, the players that are backing up the claims of better drops going towards lower geared players are speaking from experience. Whether you or your team sets the loot up to go in favor of newer players or their toons or whether that's a myth, I am not here to say for certain either way, however alot of us have noticed a pattern. Intentional or not, it happens too frequently to not discuss.
    • Like x 3
  4. DC-Doll New Player

I've noticed it with rare styles too. Not just OP rings/head. I was leveling my tank alt and got the Time Traveler shoulders and belt its first ever run through their appropriate content. First Nexus run, tank Traces in Time pants. Tank also has a ring of OP. Yet my dps, mind you who has been as overgeared as possible since the launch of Origin Crisis still has no Time Traveler belt nor shoulders nor ring of OP and runs the content as much as possible without replays.

Loche, once again, this may not be intentional on your guys' end, but can you see why we're saying what we've been saying about drops not being so random?
  5. Zeikial Committed Player

I play more than 3-4 times a month, lol, I def play more than I should, and I run those instances just for those items, because really what else is there to do. Im working on long winded feats, saving marks etc, I run daily instances for said items and weekly instances for others. If I only played the game 3-4 times a month I wouldn't be on the forums posting about a video game.
  6. buddah Well-Known Player

Look, the only way for these undergeared players to get geared is to do the higher alerts and raids. I have only been playing the game for a month and reached full t3 with a cr of 73 and 60 skill points and got 4 pieces of Amazonian armor I can't even use. Also, if you base the loot drops on effort or even how much damage/healing/power output someone has you are still going to have people complaining that they are not getting the good gear.
  7. Phil Miller Committed Player

No it's actually not silly. You have countless people in this thread telling you the worst players in the runs get the rings. Maybe you need to take a look at your loot system instead of assuming it's right...kind of like a lot of things you devs have said recently. One thing I have learned is just because your a green name doesn't mean your right nor does it mean your reporting accurate information or facts. I am calling you devs out!
    • Like x 1
  8. Hero of Justice New Player

It most certainly is not "countless people." It is a very limited number of maybe a dozen, sharing the same experience with drops that happen in the hundreds or more instances (each with eight players, so the number of potential people getting the rewards is higher) that the content is run every day. You've already seen in this thread other people who have had a different experience than yours, i.e., they get or have seen other players get the rare items despite having done very well.

Not even taking into account that the "worst player" label is subjective (whether you go by damage, healing, KO's, revives, etc.), the number of instances dropping these items to various players is very large, and none of us have anywhere close to enough personal experiences to have a reasonable sample size.
    • Like x 3
  9. hoaxone Committed Player

This is exactly what is needed in every dlc...something to keep doing the raids.
    In ex.. What if inner BC dropped a chest piece.PPl will run it still weekly...I know I don't and that's becuz there is nothing to gain.
    • Like x 1
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

You are the vast minority of people who like your progression being dictated by luck. Again with my idea, we both win. you can sit there waiting for your carrot on the stick, while the rest of us who are goal oriented and have no trouble grinding can take the long route earning their gear how they see fit. This would easily be accomplished if they left the random luck drops in raids, but also CR locked the PvE gear sets in the new vendor forcing us to finish the new set before we can even begin earning the pieces of the best set, all while still potentially getting a drop randomly for free.

With a set grind, people know exactly how much work they have to put in. Regardless what the player chooses to run, as long as they are running t6 content which is deemed t6 by the devs, your entire argument is irrelevant. Also keep in mind, just because something is not hard for you, does not mean it is not hard for other people. So however other players decide to earn their gear is none of your concern.

The main point here is, again, we should all have the same grind. One person should not finish the best set in 10 runs, while the other finishes it in 50+ runs. Again, I am saying the devs need to set a certain amount that is the same for everyone. Luck/chance should not be the only way to obtain the best gear.

Lastly, there is no skill in luck because luck is random. whats to keep good players from carrying someone through these "hard" raids and gearing them up that way? If you are going to try to debate with me please take the time to at least come up with a solid argument. Thanks. :)

P.S.

I only said we because you and I run with our leagues. So what others do is irrelevant to players like us. Also, if you have been around these forums as long as I have, you would know many people dislike RNG and also that you are in the minority on this topic. I hope that clarifies why I said "we". ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

As it has been stated over and over and over again.random is random.
    For every poster here that claims the bad player wins the loot...there's 5 good players who don't post on forums that got same item.
    If u ever got a rare item....from any content...does that formula of the bad player still count?
    • Like x 2
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Why there no videos about this yet?
  13. Eris New Player

I think you'll find that it's not about the worst player in the riad that earns the rings.

There is a pattern to it, but you're looking in the wrong place. You should think of the number 5.
  14. Skirmish Well-Known Player

While there is no physical evidence that this is true, I will agree that based on personal experience and what I've heard from the majority of people I know, this happens far too often for it to be a coincidence. I hope that we don't have a repeat of this with the Neck.
  15. WonderValkyrie New Player

well look at it this way, if the items go to the worst players, maybe its cause they need the help more than you do. I'm sure it's completely random on who gets them anyway, don't hate..
    • Like x 1
  16. sterl320 New Player

uhh sure, I'll quit the "hating"
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is this raid doable with the current 92 T6 gear? Or will we have to gear up first?
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

I already have a mixed gear armory ready to try to farm this thing. It's 1/3 tank, 1/3 dps, 1/3 pvp. I'm available for both roles, just no ninja invites please.
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

Most likely it's doable with current gear and easy with some/mostly 94.
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

If they can get into the raid, how exactly are they undergeared?