OMAC trinket

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Evanhhs, Oct 22, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Guessing they set the price due to rarity. I've had 2 drop in 10yrs and 1 kryptonite chunk in that same span
    • Like x 1
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I gotten that omac trinket many times in the vault within the lifespan of DCUO along with the kryptonite chunk. Since they removed the vault the only way now that I know of is through fate vendor and its price is way too high for miniscule effects. If the 125% base health is working as intended then lower the price. This is rather annoying. Since we're on the topic of kryptonite chunk it needs a buff. It removes your loaodut and gives you three abilities. I even notice that my damage mitigation is weaker as opposed when I don't use the trinket.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Prices are based on rarity, not usefulness.
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Well damn guess that shows me huh
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, neither are there to be useful lol. I thankfully got them both on an alt with a ton of bank space or I'd have deleted them. Omac is good for clipping or pvp, kryptonite chunk is seemingly just for fun. Same as many other trinkets. My toons that run tetra or other health based perks all use health buff colas and tom bots and then health based gen mods. If you run with the same crew, get a fire tank with that setup and dilustel, a healer with starheart and eog, and a buff troll using tetra and their health buff arti and it can be pretty funny how high health can go. High sp fire tanks are already close to 500000 health
    • Like x 2
  6. The OmniScrooge Level 30

I was actually really disappointed myself when I got the OMAC trinket from Dr Fate. I also thought this would be great for my buff troll when I first heard about the legendary 125% health buff. But I gotta point the finger at myself on this one. I should've done my own research.

Multiverse along with some other DCUO Youtubers were posting before and after stats on the OMAC trinket. In this video from 4 years ago (CR 35), he only received a 15% health boost when the trinket was activated. That should've been a huge red flag for me had I did my own digging first. Fast forward to 3:50

Now the OMAC trinket does work as intended on Toughness and Precision. You get the 125% Toughness boost which is only good in duels since you can't use it in PVP arenas. And you get a 5% boost in your Crit Weapon Attack Chance. Personally, I think there should be some sort of fix. If Toughness & Weapon Attack gives what's intended, why not health? It doesn't have to be a full 125% but 0.04% is virtually useless.
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

They should just remove that health buff. It is useless and does nothing. But of course it's working as intended >_> pfft
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. This is the only reason to use it. Even having it for my DPS side, I still don't use it for buff trolling. That tiny bit of health isn't helping anything. Maybe it's worth it for those who inventory swap, but for those who choose the best 4 options for their utility belt and stick to them, the OMAC ain't it for buff trolling.

For prec DPS though, 5% crit chance and magnitude with 25% uptime is pretty huge if you're running the Trans and Strat cards.