OMAC Trinket bugged.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Giggles, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

Hello devs,

In its current form the OMAC trinket trinket, which only drops in the vault has the current description of "+5% crit chance, +50 hp, +100 toughness". The trinket is currently giving us +1080 hp, +627 toughness, and 5% crit chance.

[IMG]

What is happening is it's description was changed, but the trinket was never adjusted to match the description. Please keep it on the banned list for Arenas but adjust the stats of the actual trinket to "+5% crit chance, +50 hp, +100 toughness" so it matches the description. Thank you.

*Side Note*

I have this trinket, it is too powerful in its current form. It needs to be adjusted. Thank you Amarsir for the picture.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Just New Player

Or change the description to properly reflect the effects.
    • Like x 10
  3. SuperMia New Player

Please just change the description! XD

I love my Omac Trinket, even in PVE! ^-^
    • Like x 4
  4. Sylar-Man New Player

What kind of (censored word) is this. Why would you ask for the stats to be changed to match the description when you could ask for the description to be changed to match the stats?
    • Like x 3
  5. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

OMAC trinket haters gonna hate.
    • Like x 1
  6. recespieces31 New Player

I wish I had an OMAC trinket

Not having one makes me a sad panda...:(
    • Like x 2
  7. Captain Just New Player

If it only granted 50hp and 100toughness do you know how worthless that would make it? You'd be better off using a green level 20 trinket you get while leveling up. Lets change one of the two rarest trinkets in the game into complete garbage...great idea.
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Of course the people against balance are going to want to keep broken things broken. Fact is the trinket was supposed to be nerfed a while ago, it just seems this was overlooked. We don't need a trinket this powerful, especially one that comes from the vault. Stop playing with crutches and learn to play. This needs to be fixed.

Anyone with logic knows that a luck based trinket like this one should not be this powerful, otherwise the devs would not have changed its description to what it is now from what it was. It was supposed to be nerfed and they just missed it. Why is it that people always try to keep things broken that need to be fixed all so they can try to get an advantage over others? It's pathetic.

@Sylar-Man

This is the thread of a person who has the trinket and believes in fair competition, not someone who believes he should have an advantage just because he got lucky in the vault.

@Cognition

Why not change them? Sure their rare but that does not mean some should have it and others not all because of luck. Learn to play man, we do not need crutches like this, the devs also believe so otherwise the trinkets description would not read what it reads now. It used to read what the pictures show, but again it was a nerf that was supposed to happen that never took place.
  9. Sylar-Man New Player

Balance? What part would be balanced? 50 health and 100 toughness isn't beneficial to anybody so its obvious that the description is what needs to be balanced not the stats. Plus you can't even use the trinket in PVP matches so its not like you are going to be mopping the floor with people because of this trinket.
    • Like x 1
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

You must not PvP much, but yes, you can use it in PvP. I know I have used it there before. You can mop the floor with people because it makes anyone into a tank with its short cool down. They are considering keeping it banned but no word for sure yet. If they nerfed it properly it would be no different than clown nose, toy man trinket, man hunter trinket. Stop your crying, and get your facts straight before you post.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

So... More health and toughness equates to OP for you Giggles? That gives slightly more survivability, but not enough to equate unkillable. Let alone warrenting a nerf now. Maybe when this trinket first came out, when people couldn't hit as hard, it was, but now, even the blue pvp gear is more than enough to burn someone with 1k extra health and 600 more toughness.

This reminds me of the time I got so much flak from classmates when I reminded the teacher she forgot homework. Oh boy, did I get it then.
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

An extra 1000 hp and 600+ toughness gives someone a significant amount of survivability, especially a healer or a controller. I don't really care what you all think. I have this trinket and know what I am capable of with it. The description was changed to reflect the nerf a while back and was either not nerfed or reverted by accident. I am only bringing up the facts. I am all for balance and fairness. I do not need to abuse broken mechanics to be good at this game. I am sorry you and others feel you need things like this in the game to make it fun or easier. This game is pretty easy as is, I'm afraid this is a learn to play issue on your ends.
  13. Sylar-Man New Player

Although you can use it now they already said it was going to no longer be useable in PVP. I have it, i've used it and its not as great as you think it is. Based on how its working now though its obvious that it wasn't intended to be a 50 health and 100 toughness boost. BTW walmart is running a sale on tissue so you can QQ and not have to worry about spending a lot of money to wiper those tears.
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

Go re read that OP, it is up for consideration to be removed from the ban list. Again please, get your facts straight before you post. Also as far as "QQ" and tissues, it seems like you all are doing the "crying" because this is being brought to light. Take your own advice, because I am sure this trinket is about to be nerfed one way or another.
  15. Captain Just New Player

If your arguement boils down to insulting people's logic, skill level, or intelligence I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say your "real" argument holds no warrant.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sumeric New Player

71 toughness = 1 % reduction to incoming damage.

627 divided by 71 =8.83

Lets say they round up and you've got a whole 9% reduction to incoming damage for 20 seconds.

Penetrating strikes, available to everyone, and often used by both dps and controllers in pvp ignores over 700 toughness.

Summary:

Temporary advantage quite easily negated. Problem solved.

Side note:

They do need to update the tool-tip on the trinket to reflect what it actually does. I think you are the first person in the history of the forums to see a low-ball in a tool-tip and ask that the product be brought down to that level instead of the tool-tip being brought up...lol
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I don't have it and I don't see a problem fighting someone who does. Having a very slight survivability for a short time doesn't make them a tank, it makes them have a slight larger health pool. The real problem with it is the crit chance that allows them to burn you faster.

BTW, do you think Skeets was OP in PvP? (Ban list now.) Since it gave 10% of your total health to you. That is a significant amount of health when PvP gear is involved.
    • Like x 1
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

Do you have problems in the reading comprehension department too? I mean where in the OP did I insult anyone? As far as every post after the OP, that's a whole different story. It really only comes down to skill and logic as to why people post some of the things they do. For example, I know how to abuse this trinket, as do a few others. My logic is simple, it's broken, was never fixed properly and needs to be fixed now. The logic everyone else seems to be using is "No! Don't nerf my crutch! Just fix its description and ensure that I can keep using/abusing it." If you aren't trying to fix things properly, then it is because of skill and/or intelligence. It all comes full circle.
  19. Captain Just New Player

And there you go proving my point...
  20. Sumeric New Player

That's pretty much how this discussion devolved in the developer discussion...lol