OMAC Trinket bugged.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Giggles, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah definitely which is why the OMAC trinket is the same exact thing! What is 10% of 6000? 600. The OMAC trinket gives 1000 hp and 627 toughness, which completely negates penetrating strikes for 20 seconds, that is pretty significant and to top it off it gives you a 5% crit chance. Seriously if you do not see the problems with this then you must not play much, or have it and want to keep abusing it.

Side note

I have skeets never used him, so I am not sure on the percentage, I am only going based on BumblingB's numbers.
  2. Sumeric New Player

HP does not negate damage because damage-in is not based on how much hp a character has. Penetrating strikes directly negates the temporary toughness increase received from the omac trinket. So the only two real points that can be made about the trinket being potentially OP are the +1000 health and +5% crit chance, both of which are still small potatoes when one is being focus fired and cant kite away.
    • Like x 1
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

That's assuming it is only being used in a place where you are being focus fired. Seriously man, get a clue. If a whole 5's team was abusing this you would definitely see how broken this. 627 toughness is almost half a regular players toughness. It's adds almost 50% more toughness and roughly 20% extra hp. That is huge to use to get out of a pinch or even prevent a death. In PvE who cares, in PvP it can change the course of a match easily. It either needs to stay banned or they need to adjust it to match its description. Definitely one of the 2 need to happen.
  4. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

It used to be 1000 health and then it was changed to 50 and 100 toughness so I guess the server hotfix the other day undid that somehow i dunno. What you aren't realizing with the 50 and 100 toughness being useless is that it saves you 2 possible power points. Some people spec into the health and toughness boost in the iconic powers. So with Omac trinket they can save 2 pp and distribute them to other areas. I would call that pretty handy.
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

You are way off topic. So please take it some place else as it has nothing to do with the OMAC trinket. If you want to discuss the RPS system please do so in another thread. I will gladly chime in. When you create that thread please show me where I said I had trouble beating a healer. Thank you.

On topic, I do not need this trinket to PvP (even though I have it) which is why I am asking for it to get fixed. I am simply asking for something that was fixed to be fixed once again, nothing more. I'm sorry you feel you need to it play this game, as the game is really simple to play without all these crutches.
  6. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

See this would be stupid, Id rather the knowledge go to the players that were keen enough to test it and confer with others to find out hidden effects. How many people know about all the activations of the CC trinket? the personal & group shielding, health restore, aoe dps, the double stat activation after 20secs? How many people know the snowman trinket gives a 90% dmg buff? how many people knew about Omac's +5% crit atk chance?

These are the things Id rather they keep out of common knowledge and allow the more skillful and resourceful players to discover.
  7. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

[IMG]

50 health and 100 toughness is hardly "greatly increased."
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Now use it, and then look at your stats, like I mentioned in the OP. Compare the numbers for toughness and hp before and after you use it. Use the actual stat tab too not the trinkets stats.

I swear our forum moto should be: "Reading is half the battle!"
  9. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

You obviously missed the snide attack dipped in spicy sarcasm, but dat okay wittle guy.
  10. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

It's suppose to greatly increase your stats, it does greatly increase your stats. So what the problem is? Aside from your bruised ego from being Omac punished, of course.
  11. Captain Just New Player

Your "elitism" is impressive.
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

You continue to assume that I have lost to people using OMAC trinkets. You know what they say about people who assume right?

The main reason I am so against it is because it will become rampant just as all these other pets did in the past. I have it and kow how to utilize it. It needs to stay banned from PvP or the stats adjusted to match the description. It's not a hard concept to grasp or even see coming with how people abuse mechanics. Since the devs are attempting to fix PP, I'd like to try and ensure it is done properly. Nothing else. Please stop assuming.
  13. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

lol elitism, I just am tired of players being handed everything on a sliver platter in this game and don't want to actually put any effort into it. Its a complete joke
    • Like x 1
  14. Redhot Well-Known Player

can't really say if its out of whack or not as I remember there is something else that says it gives +50 and it gives similer stats as with 1559 tough my omac pops me up to 2300+ tough the trinket has always given 1000+ hp and 800+ tough from launch with 5% crit has not changed
  15. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Listen, why don't you try using it against healers. Their obviously a problem child for you. Who knows, one of these days you might just beat one. Give it a try. Might make you better.
    • Like x 1
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Either the description needs to be fixed or the effect needs to be fixed. This shows it all -
    P.S: Just to be clear I don't care which one they fix;).
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah, you definitely are not reading. I see you are having the same problems in the reading comprehension department as many others who use this forum. Again I and others have no issues beating a healer, I and others do not need to use this trinket to beat anyone. I and others do not need to use a crutch like this to win.

All I am simply asking for is for them to correct the issue listed in the OP. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe if you actually started reading, you could actually contribute to the conversation rather than derail it.

Also, do me a favor Flint and Sylar, quote and show me where I said I could not kill a healer? Not where I posted an opinion of how unbalanced the RPS system is, but where exactly I said "I can not kill a healer". Please do it in another thread and pm me the link. I will gladly discuss it there. Stick to the OMAC trinket in this thread.
  18. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

That renders the trinket null, void and entirely useless. It wouldn't even be worth a inventory slot.
  19. Sylar-Man New Player

Wait you are saying it is pretty handy to ignore the innate bonuses and to go with the omac trinket which doesn't grant a very big health innate ( not sure the difference it has between the pvp trinket in health) and has a 5 minute cooldown?
    • Like x 1
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

@Flint
    The information Atari posted is exactly what the OMAC trinkets stats are suppose to be from the description. Start reading and stop trolling.

@Sylar
    It also has a 90 second cooldown not a 5-6 minute cooldown. Get your facts straight.