Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jax Prime New Player

What Utility belt is that?
  2. Claytoun New Player

it's a Pay2Win utility belt given to people who recruit 25 new players who at least spend 10$ on marketplace or create 25 new accounts spending 10$ on each one.. Yes, mad people :)
  3. Zhiushod New Player

Again from my personal experience using my 88-1H Weapon, the damage difference between 85-1H compared to 88-1H is immense. I have been able to get around 6k+ critical hit on Focus Blast with my 88-1H compared to only 4k+ critical hit on Focus Blast with 85-1H. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Funk Lantern New Player

Would you say it's better to use the 85 rifle of the 88 1h for the K007?
  5. Nem El New Player

Hey everyone, hows you all, haven't been writing on the forums in a while.

Been playing online with the following combo, but haven't tested timing yet, but it shreds the dummy in WT in under 2 rotations.

Ram > Whips / MiniGun > Whips / repeat...

Working on a new range combo as well, will keep you all posted if it turns out to be any good.
  6. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Has anyone on the PS3 been able to perform K007 with one-handed as fast (or almost as fast) as the PC?
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

Once I figured out how to clip the jump, yes... but I dont see it doing more damage than the rifle honestly.
  8. SnipesSaint New Player

With a 88 rifle and 88 1H, I would definitely go for rifle. Dmg wise cant seems to notice much diff, definitely easier becuz you no need to hold unlike 1H u need to for focused blast. And in a long raid like this or short for some elitist, how long can you keep up the clipping speed and the hold without messing up? Cause messing up = losing dmg.
  9. Nem El New Player

Guys,
    Anyone tried doing RSF or FF with HB "Fist Slam" move? Seems very promising.. you have to press melee and hold melee but is clipped very fast. Against a single target i have hit up to 1300 on the second move. not sure when it starts to split, maybe have to compare the numbers against rifle...... Also i didnt realise that solar flare is aoe, not sure if harder hitting than rifle also...
  10. Cadens Dedicated Player

Seems like an obvious question, but... is there any way to effectively DPS with HL while in the air? Seems I always have to fight from the ground. Recently went to flight and If I forget to turn off movement mode, I cant combo properly with clips.
  11. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I'm not sure. You can't use/combo into fan at all, so that's out of the question. Your only ranged options in the air are Ram-Snap Trap and Impact-Grasping Hand, so it would be hard to effectively dps as HL in the air.
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

To update myself and pushing this nonsense of a power burn to a new high:

Snap Trap | Fan | Spikequake | Phase Dodge | Grasping Hand | Strafing Run

Its pretty much stacking 3 DoTs and a lot of might damage floating around with that (requires 3 controller minimum, ideally 4). I have a build that would require 5 controller but I guess this goes beyond the scope of any beliefs. ^^
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

one handed always good for single target , rifle is good for multi
  14. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

so whats the best loadout so far ?
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

also is robot sidekik still effective ?>
  16. Agnetta Dedicated Player

thats what i use except instead of phase dodge i use ram, so i can ram > whip adds; & bosses if i feel dangerous. i use it with 2 trollers usually lol, yea its very power hungry but everyone in my group uses supply drops, the trollers both have power SCs, and i have next sodas.

how do you personally mod for HL? i've been switching around ever since t5 came out. at first i was full prec. then i went prec & might in all red sockets. now im prec in 4 red sockets and prec & might in 2 red sockets.
  17. Zhiushod New Player

Gear selection and Modding for HL is very important as with all other powers. As my HL DPS build right now, i have all Precision-Based gears with Precision & Might V Expert Mods on all red sockets. Again, balance is the key to do great damage as even if we are Precision-Based Power, we also use Might during our combos.

Just a thought, just done a Paradox run earlier with a newbie troller with around 1800 vit who just told me that i'm a bit low on damage at 2.1 million damage-out on first mini (Warrior) with my 8 year old son playing half of it. i just laughed at those guys, lol... forgot to even tell him that i'm only even using 85 rifle :D
  18. vacavillian707 New Player

the best thing about HL is that we don't have to stack dots. 4 trollers... Wow
  19. SmokingGuns New Player

Wow it's been 3 months since I've been on here lol but not to burst you bubble but I posted about this back on page 272 all those months ago and it pretty but go disregarded and I was told it was to slow. But maybe it faster now idk I one started playing again 4 days ago.
  20. Nem El New Player

Unfortunatly i came to the same conclusion. Not fast enough and took more like 2.5 rotations to kill dummy