Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Clip New Player

A iconic HL dps... Sounds pretty unique :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Clip New Player

I think i saw someone saying in the alert drops the regular stuff like brawling dual wield and handblaster... Are there any infos that rifle drops in the new alert?
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Yes it does.
    • Like x 1
  4. bedovean New Player

86 rifle drops frequently in the new alert
    • Like x 3
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

The item level of the weapons is 85 in the trigon alert ;)
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Dropped twice in 4 Trigon Runs so far (of course with the new loot system this is not that much convincing for a single person after all). Wish you luck with an early drop when Trigon hits Gotham ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. bedovean New Player

ahhh first day i got it it said 86 they must of corrected a bug, its 85 now.
  8. Pentac Active Player

I'm not sure if it has been discussed because I can't find anything about it but the fix for the Fan Glitch was to remove fan's DoT? What's the point of fan now? Both my power fan and combo fan only do a single hit.
  9. Clip New Player

Fan had never had dots
  10. bedovean New Player

If you go through Fan animation it does dots, but theres no reason to waist time with the animation and its not a "dot" persay, just small ticks of damage as you are letting the animation for fan go through.
  11. Pentac Active Player

:eek: I have been seriously misinformed for a while then...carry on!
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Wanted to share with the people of this guide this cool screenshot i made yesterday :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Potent New Player

Actually Bedovean, they changed this A LONG time ago.

Fan has not done any additional ticks of damage for quite some time.
  14. DEATHTAG New Player

This maybe a stupid ? but does anyone know if using a melee weapon for the crit bonus just works for weapon combos and phantoms, or does it apply to the constructs also?
  15. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

kAiSeR that's damn sexy. The damage.. but great timing on your toon's pose too. Kick ***!

Thanks for sharing.
  16. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

I remember Omaar saying it applied to all Precision based damage.
  17. DEATHTAG New Player

I thought it would just because the constructs pretty much take the place of weapon combos. Thanks for the heads up!
  18. bedovean New Player

melee weapon bonus should apply to all damage, not just weapon damage unless I have been misinformed.

EDIT: I mean i apply this "critical chance boost" not pure damage, just while applying the damage to crits
  19. DEATHTAG New Player

Yeah. Got to get a melee weapon. Best I have is 85 hb. Using the 83 rifle right now. Would love to get the blasters to work but phantom is junk and solar flare just ruins the speed of everything. Just switched to HL. Got to practice my clipping and get the timing down. I have a buddy who has been HL for a longtime and all he uses is RSF pretty much all the time in nexus. I told him there are some better combos for range but he says he's good with that. I'm trying FFF but I just got to get the timing down consistently.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Pretty sure its just weapon, IIRC when you have one equipped and look at recovery it says "Increase WEAPON crit chance 10%" where some other things say "attack" instead of weapon and some say both. Not 100% sure though =/.