Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Holy Demon New Player

has anyone tried using ram-whip/claw-HC/ram-whip/snap-fan. I used it and outdps a friend who use FFF today on BIA by 140k.

I don't spam ram-whip/claw-HC because with my clipping speed, claw cooldown sometimes isn't fast enough (seems like cooldown time is random). If I slow down, it's definitely worse than FFF. Also, using ram-whip/claw-HC lets the dot from snap runs its full course. It may not be much, but every bit of damage counts.
  2. Holy Demon New Player

ram-st-fan/train-gh-fan does more dps

and ram-st-fan/gh-fan does even more

I dont crunch number like people here do, but I compare my dps with the gadget dps I frequently run with. I always made sure to ask if he is still using the same rotation.

As for me, I run with ram-st-fan/gh-fan/st-fan in nexus/paradox
  3. Lights Out New Player

You do know that you are just doing AAA and then FFF? AAA is inferior to FFF if you can clip FFF at optimal timing. Also LJF, I think that's what it's called, is the highest combo for HL as of now. People used to do the combo you stated before we discovered new options such as NCN or LJF.
  4. bedovean New Player

This is not necessarly true. With FFF in certain situations it will do much more damage then NCN. Main reason is you can aim the whips to hit everything. But in situations like in paradox with the healing well guy, you can position yourself behind a well and spam NCN within whip distance and do more damage. LJH or wtfever it is called is no good. Uses too much power and is at the same time as NCN on PC.
  5. Holy Demon New Player

The problem with AAA is that with perfect clipping timing, claw cooldown wont run fast enough, that's why you have to slow down, making the entire combo inferior to FFF. Doing AAA then FFF allows me to do whip more frequently than just doing FFF.

I know LJF, I actually discovered it by myself before coming to this thread, but I won't claim anything here. I stopped using it because I prefer to run with GH to chainsaw, also not many trolls can solo-sustain LFJ in T5 alert (I'm a troll myself; I need 1700+ vit, has to double-tick pot perfectly, and give up on weapon combo entirely if I want to sustain a hl dps spamming LFJ). And spamming LFJ in Nexus/Paradox is too situational while GH is actually useful.

I'm on PC so maybe my timing is different than you guys on PS.
  6. bedovean New Player

This post made me lose brain cells. Please don't post ridiculous material :D

AAA has no problem with claw cooldown, that is eco that must be slowed down. I can AAA as fast as my fingers let me
  7. Holy Demon New Player

If the the wiki is to be trusted, Claw has a cooldown randomly picked between 1.3s and 2.5s. If it rolls a 1.3s, sure you can continue your AAA without problem, but if it's a 2.5s, it's guaranteed that you will miss that clip, unless you wait for that long, ie. letting the hold claw landing animation to end, instead of clipping before you jump up. Also, if you use your power by repeatedly spamming the button, you won't notice the interruption, but you can notice the difference in animation timing.

I could pm you ingame to show you how I clip and see who is the faster clipper, but I don't play on villain, and I'm not going to camp in villain all day to wait for you to show up :(

Heck, if you're on heroes we can even run FR or BIA together. You do your combo, I will do mine and we will compare damage. I'm always looking for partners like that to experiment with. Anyway, i will pm you my ign so maybe we can talk more. I can be wrong for all I know and I'm always willing to learn the better way.
  8. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Where did i say in my posts that im using that combo? Actually any combo involving GH, in my opinion, is useless.
    • Like x 1
  9. GateofDestiny New Player

For leaving one tunnel open, how do you handle it when it comes out? Do you just ignore it, or do you take it down anyway, because now it has no distractions and then do the boss with no distractions. Or do you have to keep it alive?
  10. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

You need to kill it as soon as posible ^^
  11. OMAAR New Player

Wow so much misinformation.how do people make things up like this?

Stay with prec/health. Besides you want every bit of survivability you can get!
  12. OMAAR New Player

To maximize your dps you shouldn't be doing the infinite loop. Check the first page and go to FFF section, you will find a video that might prove helpful.
    • Like x 1
  13. OMAAR New Player

You are combining AAA with FFF. Unless massive dots will be included, I will not do the math on 3 segment combos because we don't have long cooldowns.

Out dpsing another player means nothing as we take hard facts ( timing, damage and stats ) into consideration.

I haven't tested since last update ( slower first claw/faster chain into ram transition ) but yes the C-HC cooldown was the limiting factor at AAA where I had to slow down to wait for power claw cooldown.

I'll retest once I have Internet connection.

Damage wise it goes like this: LJF>FFF>AAA. This is considering everything is in front of you and you can be in melee range. Actually since I have some free time I might as well show which combo is 360 and which is conic graphically to avoid confusion.
  14. AJPro Committed Player

I am having problems with fff. when I try to do phantom triangle I jump large and slow. I was just hitting the range triangle of my weapon to end fan and was sooo smooth. I know the PT is important but can I get reminded why over just ending fan with your weapon....thanks
  15. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

@OMAAR: Which combo is LJF?
  16. Zpred Dedicated Player

It's ncn but with chainsaw instead of claws.
    • Like x 1
  17. Holy Demon New Player

I've done the same BIA run with the same player the day with FFF and we both did the same kind of damage, both runs have good troll, good healer with no death, no dc or any uncontrollable stuffs that may affect dps output, so it's safe to assume that I and the other player have similar stats/timing/habits. The damage lead I calculated also account for any difference we had in the Central City part of the run.

Anyway, I just want to contribute back something to the thread that has helped me greatly in the past, It's entirely up to you guys to give it a try, or ignore what I'm saying.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just a note on AAA, I was under the impression that you did hit the reuse doing AAA, but there was a variation found that included a single claw swipe and would be perfect timing on it. Still IIRC it was NCN>FFF>LLL(the AAA variation), except when things were behind you LLL became the optimal choice, worked wonders in GOT being better than NCN sometimes due to the 360, namely the hallway and the second boss. I keep saying NCN because I still think the extra points spent makes Kinky (LBJ) combo not as good as alternatives. Basically you have to give up light barrier to get it and IMO that's just not worth it. So, NCN is IMO the way to go, small loss in potential damage, but gains in efficiency and defense through light barrier.

I still think most combos have a spot. FFF = midrange awesomness. NCN = melee range. WC = range. RSF and it's variations = ranged eco. ECO and it's variations = melee eco. AAA/LLL = when you have things behind you. Kinky(LBJ) = PVP loadout (chainsaw is great in pvp, personally I'd drop fan for chainsaw)

So many good combos, some are better than others in general but there are other combos that fit a certain situation better. I've always thought a good HL is someone who can transition from one combo to the other picking the optimal one for the situation. Anyone can spam the combo they read is the best, but a good HL knows them all and when to use them. Sometimes I think we get focused on which is the best and not how they are different and which performs in a given situation better.
    • Like x 2
  19. OMAAR New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. OMAAR New Player

[IMG]