Old Wayne to New Wayne: April Fools Bruce Wayne Ally

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Genius honestly well done Devs hahaha
    • Like x 3
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I dunno... Are we sure this isn't Tommy Elliot...?
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think it's working properly. I have him in support 2 and ran a bunch of stuff. I've yet to take in a new ward.
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 1
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

But are any of your toons orphans? Have you checked you didn't automatically become his ward?
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

I think they need to nerf it, my inventory is full of orphans.
    • Like x 4
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

so, what does it do, exactly? explain it to me like you were explaining it to a child.
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I love seeing all the confused people in LFG: "How do I use Bruce Wayne ally?" "Why doesn't he do anything?" "What's the best way to use Bruce ally?" "WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS ALLY??!?" :D

Even after someone tells them, some are still like, "But how do I use it???"
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

New voice actor for the Bruce Wayne ally? Or archive voice recordings previously unused by DCUO done by Kevin Conroy?
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I never thought of this....I feel so....complete now.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I was thinking the same thing

Imagine if this was Kevin conroys last voice acting job…if any of those were made specifically for this ally …

Would be kinda cool and bittersweet
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

It didn't sound like Kevin to me, but I could be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was figuring that if they were Kevin, they were clips that were just left on the cutting room floor, like that one goofy brief that was added in Amusement mile a few years back used some odd-ball clips Mark Hamill as well as some others had made and were just never used.

I actually haven't listened to the voice acting on the ally as I only popped it one time and my volume was down. I saw him pop in, look around, check his watch and take off and figured that was the end of the joke. Dialog just makes it a bit funnier.
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

If you check my video I tried him with a sparring target so he has a full Dialog there. It doesn't sound like Kevin Conroy to me so I wasn't even thinking about it lol
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Does he really need to be near the top of the list of Allies, though? Couldn't he be filed under "Wayne" rather than "Bruce". The joke is going to get old pretty soon, if I have to scroll past him every time to get to the useful allies... Alternatively maybe we could get the option to hide, or remove Allies?
    • Like x 2
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

how much cash does Brucie have again? lol
    • Like x 2
  18. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

So, the combat ability reads "Deals damage to enemies equal to the amount by which your Cash exceeds Bruce Wayne's. (+9,000,000,000% damage)"

Does that mean that if you have more than 9 billion dollars he'll actually deal damage?

Or am I just clutching at straws here lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Weird Magick Level 30

Could someone tell me if this is the late, great, Kevin Conroy or is it someone like Troy Baker doing a decent impersonation of him?
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Technically, all his money was stolen. So we should be one shotting bosses in Elite.

Next year, give us Henchmen of the Wayne kids wearing tuxes. :D
    • Like x 1