Offering now a Utility Power and reduced cost?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TrueOlympus New Player

If you Devs are gonna be bone-headed and go do this.... That Fury better start crit'ing for 5k plus... cause otherwise ain't nobody using it
    • Like x 6
  2. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

I'm a Healer first and foremost. I was very happy that I finally got a burst heal, and that I could cast it whenever a burst heal was needed. Now it seems that I first have to clip whatever I'm doing with some other power, and then go into Offering. If I'm low on power myself, I may not even be able to do so.

Please reconsider and don't tie my healing hands.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

The above is exactly right.

I know you say you are listening to feedback but it doesn't appear that you are acting on it. I have yet to read a single post that thinks the current two power bar usage and the fact that Sac Offering doesnt do dmg on its own is the right course to take here. Additionally, there hasn't really been any explanation other than the pet does a lot of dmg when powered which does not answer why you need to dedicate two power tray slots in order to do good dmg. Only, LOL, earth requires the same and that is hardly the powerset to mimic here.

The inaction comes off to me as being stubborn and telling players that we dont really know what we want/need.
    • Like x 1
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I have not tested things via Test Server myself but I have watched the videos of people that have demonstrated the damage. Everyone in Testing Feedback has seen the damage and some even thought it warranted a nerf on Test. I'm a man or reason and logic so I'm trying to understand how you are justifying the change to Offering.
    • In DPS stance Offering does two things. It gives a 50% Damage Modifier, gives power to Pets/NPC's and heals you(which are minuscule in DPS role)
    • It is NOT a direct damaging power and doesn't harm enemies in any way or form.
    The problem that I see here is in order to effectively use one Power, Fury, Offering would have to be used as well. This is the case because Fury empties his bar within about two attacks so if he isn't powered via Offering then he's not very impressive at all. As is on Live, Offering is and always has been "Beneficial" which is a plus for DPS and Healer role. Though it's counterparts Admonish and Savage Growth are not "Beneficial", Offering does not do damage in DPS role like they can. So, it's being changed to "Utility" because it gives another power, Fury, the opportunity to do damage but it does no damage? I could understand if Offering somehow damaged enemies directly but I don't know, you guys kinda lost me here :confused:.
    • Like x 7
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

So basically the Devs are bending the rules that they themselves established to justify nerfing Offering. That's new.

+1 for saying it in a nice constructive way. I Applaud you. I;m not even a sorcery player and this fix is upsetting me, yet you can stay calm in collected as a long time sorcery player. Much deserved plus 1
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I can only promise that we will read and consider your feedback, not that we will always agree with or act on it. Let's keep the thread on track and specific to that purpose, and not derail. I'd hate to have to lock it down.
  7. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

It just seem like an one way street. Only negative feedback on this change. Yet we dont get any reason why the changes were made.

Only thing we get is this power "power your pet then your pet can use power to hit like a truck" On PC test is only hitting for 1500-2000 in 103cr gear. Maybe the damage is not correct? And this statement also overlooks that in healing role this power does no damage. Is it possible to get this change only for DPS role and not healer?

A two handed or DW hold range will do more damage than that with over 1000 prec....
    • Like x 2
  8. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I'm not sure if they could. I do know that certain powers in other power sets have had different cool downs in Support/DPS role but I'm not sure.

Eh, I'm not asking that they change things according to my will or anyone else's. I'm just asking that they take the time and review all the angles of things. I'm not saying they don't but the attention to detail should be taken when one change effects multiple things. If you make adjustments to a power or weapon it effects how it is used in DPS role, Support role, PvE, and PvP.

I see their view kinda of how they want it to work but the change hurts Healers as well while they're trying to revamp DPS. I'll have to wait until it goes live to see the damage that Fury does myself. I'm pretty understanding when it comes to nerfs or fixes but the funniest thing I read all year on these forums was that "Shard of Life giving Bad Karma made Sorcery seem OP...2 weeks before Rage came out". If I had room to put that in my sig I would have.
    • Like x 4
  9. Jamie New Player

as far as I am concerned this is just further evidence that the dev's do not understand the game or how to fix the issues. I stopped using sorcery a while ago but that was just because I didn't like the feel of the power. It just wasn't me. That being said I hate the fact that you guys are still going to be a lower tiered power. At least you guys got some cool looking pets :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

I think they understand but i think by the time it goes on test its too late. Its set in stone at that point. They have already spent the time and money to code the change and test it. This should be going live next week and it impossible at this point to change back. We are past the point of no return.

This is just a warning for all the people wanting changes to their power. You just might get want you wished for.....
  11. Black Prime New Player

I think sorcery users have a right to be upset. When they first did the revamp of nature and sorcery i was like SWEET. Sorcery was my first power. Was looking forward to going back. I did and liked it. But then they went and gave to edge back to nature with the 45% prec buff. Went to nature and never looked back. Can easily do twice the damage i could as sorcery. This was before dw when i was using hand blasters. Now its not even a contest with the dw. So they said we were not done with the pets and would revisit a pet revamp in the future. I was cool with that. Then on the same update as the one handed nerf offering was given a cool down. Why? To me this made sorcery on par if not better than nature. With the cool down its almost useless. I mean what other 4 man heal has a cool down like this. Its just silly. Plus this is a power unlike any other. To do what it needs it should have no cool down and a high cost for use. This way if you spam it you will be out of power. Mepps said they will read these and may or may not agree. I think if they really want this to work and sorcery, not just dps, to work better than it does these 2 things need to happen.

1. Shards needs to apply bad karma
    2. Offering needs to stay a beneficial power and remove cool down.

I would love to see sorcery make a come back. But if you are going to give a class pets to work off of do not handicap them. You have already made it where offering can not be spammed and the pet will not do a powerful attack without the power. This is so backwards. Think of it like this. How out of luck would we all be if the changed the controllers power dump and made it a long cool down. We would have no power. This is what your doing to sorcery pets.
    • Like x 5
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

SG, Admonish, Harvest, Arc lightning, and Consume soul if you count it as the first tick is much, much bigger. I'm sure there is more.
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

but don't every single one of those have a direct damage component?
    • Like x 2
  14. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

All of those cause damage.....
  15. BumblingB I got better.

What you are missing here is that to have Fury fire an amazing attack, I now have to have 2 powers used AND one of them can't be continually used (pet) over and over. So now I am down a power on my limited 6 power slots.

Offering's cooldown is quite long, so it isn't spam-able, like some other powers that work off the PI. PLUS speaking of PI's you actually have to set that up to fully benefit from Fury's mega attack. So now you need a power that sets it up, like WoD.

We now have 3 power slots used to set it up, as a consumable is only useful if we can melee... Which we can't. All the while my bread and butter DoT, CoD needs to be on my bar.

Bare in mind getting to Offering is actually difficult with only 15 PPs and wanting other powers to do decent damage.

AND Offering does NO DAMAGE at all and heals only.

THEN, we have to constantly be feeding our power hungry dps like a controller who is purely a battery. (Thanks about that btw, I so want to be a battery again.)

Tell me again how wasting all that for something that only hits for 2k because it has power is over powered?

I am still very confused by this. This IS NOT something that will make it OP. This will just make me want to use it less.

Then the fact you guys did make it no longer beneficial, it no longer is healer worthy either, which is a good burst heal, but nope. It now needs to be clipped itself.
    • Like x 5
  16. 13igtyme Devoted Player

SG and Harvest only do damage in bug form. They don't do any damage in healer role. Then there are other moves like Divine light that do damage in dps, but don't in healer role, just like SG and Harvest. But can be used to clip. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the changes, I just don't understand the inconsistency. And as I said earlier in this thread, why do some tank moves not work when CC'd but some DPS moves do, like Gauss grenade.
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I would also like to add that I hope you don't take offense to my posts because I certainly don't mean to offend. My gripe isn't entirely with the fact that Fury will likely require Offering to function. I got over that fact and saw the reasoning behind it. My main cause for concern is the you're essentially handicapping the power we need to fuel Fury which, to me, seems like a step back in the pet department after we just took a step forward. Don't get me wrong, you guys did a great job with the Revamp and the pets do look amazing and though everything we, Sorcery players, asked for in the discussion thread wasn't given we were satisfied for the most part which is your goal as devs, I'm sure. Hopefully you guys can review and look at things from a Healer and DPS perspective before this goes live. I will wait until then. Thank you for chiming in on the thread.
    • Like x 6
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

They neeed to just let it be. They let Rage have rage mode in DPS stance, yet Sorcery can't get this one thing?
    • Like x 3
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

And we need to use a power to spread bad karma
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Why do the fury set enemies on fire instead of hexing enemies? I read the fury tooltip on another thread and it said it set enemies on fire, but I don't think anyone asked this question
    • Like x 1