NPC's hitting too hard post GU80

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Been in a few Elite's earlier today and NPC's are hitting a lot harder than pre-GU80. Is anyone else experiencing this? When they said NPC stats were increased slightly, I think they miscalculated?
    • Like x 7
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They never said slightly on higher levels; they said more challenging.

The issue I’ve noticed is in the increase in NPC health. We’re back to Amazon Fury type battles where it takes forever to kill a boss.
    • Like x 3
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Oh okay. So this is intended then?
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth Loyal Player

Which NPCs are you referring to? I will keep an eye out when I'm running content. It has seemed like I have been juggled more than I was before GU80 but I could be mistaken.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pher Active Player

Been trying to get Elite Victory and now since the update yesterday, the NPC's are hitting harder. I thought, only their health was to be adjusted.

I'm hearing that is the case in Zoo Elite as well. I know some people like the challenge of harder content ( and I do as well at when you're at level ), but when content is older, is should be easier, especially when your group has top tier gear.

Please adjust content pre-E3 content to reflect how it should feel given a player who has 228 CR, top tier mods and 380+ SP.

Thank you:)
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

On USe, we tried doing the “only Ghost up” combo and couldn’t do it. That is the easiest of the combos because there is no green healing bubble on US; I can’t imagine what it’s like to break that bubble now.

This perspective is coming from a group who had just the night before update beaten it with all bosses out (including Temporal Commander). It was incredibly difficult and took hours upon hours of trying; and now only Ghost up is on par with all bosses out pre-update.
    • Like x 3
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

I have done zooE and i could melee first boss prior to gu80 at cr228 sp 389 ( 55k hp) but after that i could not anylonger, i got wrecked...
  8. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I’ve only ran two raids since the update and they were panE and zooE. I didn’t notice a difference, except for maybe a slower than normal talia fight. So maybe the person who mentioned buffed health was right. From the consumer prospective, it’s kind of weird we aren’t told what’s different and are left to pontificate amongst each other.

Too many differing theories, where insight could be readily available but isn’t, is how mis-information gets started, and why 7 years in I still hear people talking about how their dom affects aggro in a pug group instance chat.

One theory I heard yesterday (not sure accurate but as far as they’re concerned it’s last theory and onto their own personal ‘discovery’ which of course means they’re out there telling everyone about it right now as if it’s fact) is that things are hitting them harder and it’s based on the artifact level of the group.

We should probably get some quick clarification as to what changes were made so that this doesn’t become the next dom = aggro.
    • Like x 8
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Blackest Day Normal was easier today than yesterday, but not sure about elite (I'll take whatever groups I can get, lol, I have a lot of catching up to do).
    • Like x 1
  10. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

That theory could be the cause. I'm not saying for definite, but I ran ZooE, PanE, and EscE back to back with the same group. Each was hitter harder than the last raid. Unusual wipes due to damage that normally would not kill, end up killing the entire team. I did inspect everyone and about 5 people had 120 rank artifacts. I'm not saying its a fact, but that could most likely be the case and also seeing how you ran a ZooE and had no issues whereas my normal set group of individuals had a little tougher time.

Edit: @Mepps, a little clarification would help a lot.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The few instances I’ve actually got to run today, seem the same as they were before. I’d forgotten this was happening actually. I’ll keep an eye out tomorrow, when hopefully I FINALLY get to conduct my full day’s activities.
    • Like x 1
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If so, then the devs have managed to make artifacts more of a hindrance than a help.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you remember to upgrade your second Artefact? If not, sounds like the DEVs were counting on everyone upgrading both of their Artefacts (that was there reasoning for boosting the NPCs)
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The vault was still the same today as it was yesterday; I still wiped :D

But yea a little bit of dev clarification would be helpful although I haven't had time to test anything since the update.

Although a UMe and DWFe I ran yesterday before reset wasnt any different from normal.
    • Like x 4
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And that’s what I figured the thrust of this was - to make artifacts mandatory. As for me, I’m running with one artifact at 100 and the other at 112. Didn’t look at the rest of the group.
    • Like x 1
  16. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

While yes panE can be done in 15 minutes with the right group, that same group when replacing even just 1-2 members can make it take an hour. Hopefully they aren’t looking to take us back to TD style boss health fights, as plenty of people stopped playing over it. All it does is make people less excited to play, while also making groups be less inclusive of who they’ll bring along. While I won’t suffer from that, that majority will as the majority is not at the top.

It’s bad enough that most people can’t get into escE because practically no one runs it, and we’re on the verge of the next dlc. Some of the best content in game and they want to make it even harder to engage with? Not seeing the logic, unless it’s t keep people playing it down the road? I guess that’s a possibility since no one runs it now. (Disclaimer: I run it all the time, but it’s not a popular raid and LFG shouts for it are maybe twice a week on USPS. I’m more concerned for my fellow player than myself. I know that’s not a popular thing to do around here, but I’m ok with it.)
    • Like x 6
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Has anyone gotten through the vault without wiping at least once every time? :D
    • Like x 1
  18. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

“I’m avoiding the vault until they hotfix this garbage!!!1”
    • Like x 2
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

In Zoo Elite, Lying Claws Psionic Snare attack is one shotting players, basically all non tanks. It really doesn't matter if you're 228 or 225 or even 220, you'll still be one shot by that. My DPS has 47k health (buffed) and I was dying to that attack. It wouldn't be much of an issue if she had a tell for it, but she doesn't so you're not able to block it. Before GU80, the attack would bring you down pretty low, however, now, it's just a one shot.

It'd be really nice if this was adjusted. It's just down to luck now and hoping it doesn't hit you or hit you twice so that you're out.
    • Like x 8
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know if I notice anything. Lots of mixed opinions here so kind of hard to come to a conclusion.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.