No more clamp threads, the real problem is the overly high boss h

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Source wall is so boringly drawn out i regret saying the same about the last raid. That 1 seemed quicker even
  2. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

For Daybreak to get my money.

I literally don't have the time to do most of the content in DCUO because it is designed to take so long to complete. This forces me to go play other games and spend my money on THOSE games that are more rewarding because they are NOT designed to take that long to complete. I like playing DCUO and I would play it more AND go back to spending money on it if it were more player/ customer friendly like the other games I DO spend money in are.

If DCUO would make this simple change I could easily see myself abandon my other games and bring my money back to DCUO. But I'm not holding my breath.

Daily vs weekly is fine but as stated above I literally don't have 30+ minutes each day to run an alert especially when I get so little in return for that time. Which is why I don't run duos and alerts anymore - not even the new ones. (It's kind of nice that Daybreak has extended the window on this episode which might give me the time to get geared up by the next episode's release since I only run the free mark daily and the weeklies anymore.)

And let's not forget that the adds in alerts and raids are different. The adds in alerts are ever so slightly more difficult that the ones in duos whereas the adds in raids are near equivalents to the bosses in alerts in power and health pools. Yes, there are twice as many players (supposedly) participating in the raid but if the adds were properly balanced then the raids would take more than an hour to complete (something I sincerely hope does NOT happen or I'd be forced to quit DCUO altogether.) Let's hope the Omnibus alerts get re-balanced to only take a couple minutes to be on par with the time Omnibus raids take.

And re-balancing Omnibus alerts I think is an extension of OP's original thought of lower boss health pools. Also, let's get rid of ALL the *****mn cutscenes in EVERY instance. They were fun when they were novel and new more than a decade ago but haven't been worth watching since. Even the new ones they insist on adding each year. /shrug.
    • Like x 1
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Let's all be honest here, it is designed this way to account for all of the speed hackers... ;) If alerts are taking too long, it is obviously because the speed hackers are on their lunch break.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The alert takes under 9mins for regular with a good group and just over 4mins in event for the same group. I don’t know how much shorter they can make content. The event duo can be done in under 3mins and under 7 for regular. The raid is 11mins for regular and I’d imagine much less for event with that same group. This game used to take hours to do raids. Daily alerts were 30-40mins. How much shorter do you need stuff to be and how many other players would leave if it was all that quick and easy?

Personally, I want difficulty and long raids. Especially if we’re only getting one. I run 4 toons daily thru everything and can be done with that in under 90mins easy. That’s not very engaging imo. If I only had one toon, I’d log in every day for 20mins maybe? Not everyone has alts so that would cause a lot of boredom issues very fast.
    • Like x 1
  5. ixiYSOixi New Player

Cap
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm very interested in knowing what all these "other games" are that he plays, and if any of them falls under the category of MMO's. The grindy, longwinded nature is part of what makes an MMO and DCUO has certainly introduced a good bunch of players to that atmosphere for the first time.

It's not for everyone, they can't just change the entire nature of the game type to fit the part of the playerbase who may not like the nature of MMO's. That just doesn't..... make sense.
    • Like x 3
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

the realist in me agrees with your assessment. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it’s an intended problem paired with an intended solution. That being, extra stackable defense debuffs courtesy of the two most expensive bats in the Batverse, er, I mean, multiverse.
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hmm. Well, I guess the bright side is that futility rhymes with utility. And utility is a good thing. So you’ve got that going for ya, which is nice.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

It was 5min not 6min wtih 3 dps 1 troll setup, my bad :D
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

100% a fan of the clamp. Anybody wanting otherwise is a fool and doesn't know how to balance games, nor takes in consideration that the best of them all feature it - and other things, that made them infinitely more successful than DCUO has been. Choke on charcoal briquettes.

What I am also a fan of is making sure players are locked into the role they agree to play like the best MMOs feature, but also advised long ago that DCUO should have ensured every single player had two armories, one specifically for damage and one specifically for support role to ensure players were going to comfortably be able to gear both sides of their power type. Pure greed got in the way of a much needed quality of life improvement.

Like Jens once said - because a thing in the game exists, it must be considered, and that means having to plan for that team of 7 dps + 1 support. That also means having to plan for augments and artifacts (two other cancers that have made playing alts far less enjoyable -- also a fan of account bound mainframe systems that directly handle, and share, augmentation and artifact data & growth).

These 100 mile boss HP bars are horrid and these fights go on for too long despite having a fully functional and adequately geared group. It's an absolute slog and again: not something you want to run through again on an alt character. You don't want to give players anymore reason to ask themselves if they could be having more fun playing something else -- especially with what appears to now be rampant PC hacks ruining the player experience in 100% the opposite direction. What should be abhorred is being cheered by players that don't want to put up with the slog.

Something something two wrongs something dog stepped on a bee.
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

• [IMG]
    Mepps
    DCUO Community Manager
    @DCUO | Facebook | Twitch TV | YouTube | Contact Support
    Mepps, Sep 5, 2019 Report
    • Like x 1