No Grounded in elite.. can we stop this trend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont get how its even a exploit tho.. its more of common sense, if im flying over a area & a small blast goes off on the ground far below me, i wont take damage? How is it a exploit its more of just realism...

Im acro and I heavily appreciate when i get killed by say a deathstroke grenade & my flight friend whos up in the air using bow or something comes and picks me up... why? It prevents a whipe... i think what this guy is mad ab at the root of this nonsensical argument is that while he dies someone with flight is alive hitting the boss dealing damage n when he rallies he’ll be slightly below them in damage.

Its arguments like these that often catch eyes of the devs then they make a change that further hurts the community, so in my opinion people who come here and cry about damage output chasing should b ignored... as long as the mission is being completed why does it matter who did top damage, this is just another great thread to add to the collection of why scoreboards should b scrapped.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I was asking you the question because you presented the possibility you considered it to be an exploit, i just found it interesting you chose to use the word in the context of the discussion.

It's a good thing you clarified that, because it would be ridiculous to consider flying an exploit right.

So you consider it cheesy then? So if they're not doing anything wrong tell me what do you subjectively find to be the better option, better mechanics or grounding? Which is your preference?
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I see nothing wrong with the last clip.. its called getting creative, dox was hard when it came out, I myself had to sub out my back piece for the joker jetpack.. theres winners and loosers and time and time again people get mad when flights on the winning side, but theres a simple solution, go flight!
    Im acrobat and have been forever... if the people floating in the air are getting us through the mission when i keep dying, im ok with the creativity bc obviously the mission is hard thats why im dying, so why not use tactics? What you can run plays in basketball and football but laaaaawd bring out the ban hammer if someone gets strategic in dcuo? Cmon give me a break that’s hilarious
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all chill,

1. You can't pick and choose what is and isn't a mechanic and call something not a mechanic simply because it works differently or doesnt hit as hard, if it hits you, does damage and must be avoided then it is a mechanic.

2. Your argument that it is an insufficient mechanic has merit and can be debated, i agree.

3. I agree with the rest of your post, sure, but the answer isn't grounding flight, it's coming up with proper mechanics that inhibit flight by challenging them to do things differently in the air if that's the choice they're going to take.

It would appear we're not really that much in disagreement, always a good discussion ;)
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Ok so using your basketball example, if you were losing by 20 points at halftime and you went out on the court and switched the opposing team's rim with that of a smaller one so when they shot at their basket the balls would have a much harder chance at going in. That would be perfectly ok with you. You said "its called getting creative" if something helps me get the win then it doesn't matter right? You said "why not use tactics" giving the other team a smaller hoop to shoot on would be a great tactic.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It comes down to what i've routinely said before with this development team, are they going to create new and inventive ways to discourage players from using flight continuously during instances which give that player a clear and readily seen advantage? most likely not cause even in FOTe you could still fly the entire time and never get hit by the fate ground based aoe's. You could get teleported on and get hit by the pillars but avoiding a massive DOT that can overlap would sure seem like the risk worth taking.

It's a path of least resistance with this dev team they, for whatever reason, don't employ grounding mechanics when throughout the raids of past it was a primary objective for the raid to ensure this exact situation didn't occur. The ZOOe example was so prevalent that acro and superspeed players were literally wearing the joker jetpack lowering their cr by 50+ and losing thousands of base stats just so they could avoid the tornado's. When you reach that point it's not "being creative" it's how can I actively exploit this to make it easier on myself. Just as manbat lunging and weapon lunging was in survival mode.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, so you're actually in agreement with me outside of skepticism the devs will take the path needed to make flight a riskier prospect.

I think the decision to put the joker jetpack probably says more about that player though doesn't it, if you're flight naturally that's probably one thing, if you're not and haven't gained an awareness of what you're needing to do on the ground that you're prepared to do that surely speaks volumes as to their ability right?
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I never considered or hinted at it being an exploit, not even once. Unless you intentionally tried to twist my words, I suggest reading what I actually said more carefully, one more time.

What I actually consider it to be have been since long stated. Is cheese not wrong? Is now the time for me to dig up the various bashings from you toward multiple other cases of cheesing that you have addressed before across these boards? :rolleyes: You can't say somebody isn't doing anything "wrong" if what they are doing is impacting fights in seemingly unintended ways. And if you believe that there is nothing wrong with this cheese, you might want to revisit any other cheese you have been against and re-evalue your stance on them aswell, at this point.

My preference is making sure that no matter Acro, Super Speed or Flight, you have to abide by the mechanics as intended. No movement mode should carry an advantage great enough to let you bypass entire mechanics and dangers of a boss fight. Whatever needs to be done to prevent this, is my preference.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Cheese is cheese, I've often laughed at cheese but ive not said a player shouldn't do it and even if you bothered to waste your time digging through my post history to find something, which please do, cause it'll be such a waste of your life, it would simply result in me saying... "guess ive changed my mind" so let's skip that rather trivial nonsense.

My position on cheese is that it's a strategy that works, something that isn't actually breaking any rules of an instance but isn't generally something I'd engage in, that doesn't mean I won't though if it suits me

Examples, if im flight I'll fly, if i can stand somewhere damage never goes i might, if i can pin a boss in corner i will, if i can pin a boss on a pillar (dox) i will, if i can stand in something to avoid damage then i will, it shouldn't be placed there, otherwise is free to be utilized ..

None of these things are exploits, they're certainly cheesy to some im sure, different people like different cheese.

The issue i have with your position isn't your preference it's just that your preference only addresses the most glaring issue bit ignores others just because they're not posing quite as large of a problem to you.
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

That last clip was salt. The dev's named the feat after a PC league and a ps league got the feat first.
  11. High Troller Loyal Player

unfortunately ignore doesn't ignore the player and player's visuals.. got me there
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Thehehehehehahahahaa an epic odyssey,,, man what happened to those guys? Gosh i miss this games youtube community
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yes they got the feat first and then their video was removed from the forums because it was "exploiting" and the creative director of the game and the dev who designed it said they exploited the raid and it was invalid.

Then OP said they would do the feat again legit..... and were never heard from again LOL
  14. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Pretty terrible analogy. It would be more along the lines of "you can't take your helicopter you've always had and been using, because others
    think it's unfair you can avoid traffic."

Flying in dcuo isn't an illegal activity, it's a movement mode. But on top that, there are real world activities that directly tie in. You still want to talk about other's sharp logic with an Olympic gold level leap like that, my friend?

I mean, i think it's bs that the movement can avoid mechanics, but a stretch that far isn't going to win anyone over. Let's not go the millennial route and instead keep these arguments grounded in reality, shall we? (I'm so punny)
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

You counter "terrible" analogy with even worse analogy, most importantly an analogy once again regarding a situation nobody has posed.

That right there is what the thread was focused on. Since you want arguments grounded in reality, how about you stick to what is being disussed in here.

It's funny how it's nonsense when it's targeting you, but you got your undies in a bunch when I called nonsense on your "YoU JUsT HaTE FliGhT"-angle you stormed into this thread with. The point of even bringing that it up is that certain forms of cheese seems to be okay if YOU use it, IE the situation with Flight, but other cheese in the past, as mentioned, have had you bashing on said cheese and the ones using it on several occations across these boards.

See, this is where we seem to disagree the most, because in certain fights, it does break the rules. Or, for a better term, "changing the rules" to the point where the fight is severely easier due to anyone being flight and simply flying up and staying there many times can bypass entire mechanics and situations that is deadly and gamechanging for the rest of the group. There should be attack patterns that prevents and/or grounding mechanics to prevent that from happening. That's what this thread was for before you came in spreading a "flight hater"-propaganda. :p

Again, I don't recalling anyone in this thread calling it an exploit. Stop trying to force angles that aren't there.

What does this mean? I'm not following you. What am I ignoring, exactly?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The rules defined by who? you? that's what makes it cheese, my friend

Cheese is something that isn't breaking any physical rules of the game but are frowned upon by others, subjectively because they see it as beneath them in terms of skill level.

People using cheese are not "breaking the rules" period, they're not breaking out of bounds, they're not engaging in powers they shouldn't they're just engaging in a strategy that perhaps others might not, sometimes it's simply not something the developers envisioned. A good example of that was the lunging mechanic ObsidianChill highlighted earlier, they weren't cheating, the developers intended it to be used like that, they just didn't anticipate it being used in that manner.

I may at times find things "cheesy", laugh about it and suggest it shouldn't be used and you do exactly the same thing, in fact that's abundantly obvious in this thread is it not? Otherwise you wouldn't be here suggesting flight players stop using their "cheese".

It's interesting you pick on flight actually because there are numerous instance, machine being one of them that have areas of the map that are untouchable and people notoriously stand in them to avoid damage, cheese or exploit? Flight, cheese or exploit? Lunge, cheese or exploit? body blocking bosses, cheese or exploit?

It's obvious you consider it on level with an exploit

With those words you thought you were laying some sort of "trap card" for me right, as alluded too later, but really in reality you were exposing your true viewpoint, you compared "fliers to "exploiting" the mere fact you made that comparison exposes your belief that you consider cheese to be exploiting; that is where we disagree, I do not ever think cheese is exploiting, it's simply cheese and while cheese might be considered sad at time I'd never compare them to an exploiter and yes it can and should be ignored, sure you can provide feedback to the developers about it, not a problem ;)

You're saying change it, I'm saying leave it, guess it just shows there's polarizing views huh.

An exploiter is someone who does or uses something they know is broken or a reasonable person would believe to be broken, example Harambe beach ball.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Once again I have to skip right to this part, since you keep trying to force out a statement that haven't been said in here, neither by me nor anybody else in this thread.

How many times do I have to keep repeating "I did not compare Flight to exploiting" before you stop trying to keep going back and quote those same sentences twice without actually reading what I said in regards to what I responded to with that?

Here it is again, for the third time: I do NOT I repeat I do NOT state that Flight is an exploit, neither have anybody else. What I said was just an example to show you just how silly your "just ignore them"-copout of an excuse was. That's what it was a response to. Not sure what you cannot comprehend in it.

I suggest you go back and re-read my response again, if not most of my responses along with this entire thread as a whole, lose the derail-tactics and come back to me when you want to discuss what is ACTUALLY being said instead of trying to force statements that haven't been mentioned at all.

Thank you.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Rubbish, you made the direct comparison to highlight that ignoring exploiting is comparative to ignoring cheesing

As you say you were trying to highlight the stupidity you percieve there is in ignoring cheesing because it's comparative to ignoring exploiting you see then as obviously equally bad ergo comparative to each other, that position is fine you're entitled to that position, doesn't mean i agree of course.

At least own your position ;)

Thank you.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I am owning my position, you have done nothing but trying to force none-existent statements out of this thread ever since you came in here. Possibly to derail it. Like, seriously? "You must hate flight!!", lol.... :rolleyes:

Nobody should just ignore players cheesing, just as little as they should just ignore players exploiting, over actually forwarding the feedback toward the developers and maybe get potential issues fixed. This is why I though the cop-out excuse you posted in regards to "you can just ignore the fliers" was stupid.

Do we need to call in a team of Rocket Scientists on the case, or are you done trying to force the angle that I am directly comparing Flight to Exploits?

At this point I'm just helping you derail the thread which by the nature of your posts ever since you swooped in here seems to be the wanted result, so i'm hopping off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.