New way of travel!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by shotgunPR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mr AFK New Player

NO NO and NO !
    a lot of my friends stop play this game becouse they add f***ing homes, and ******** pets on pvp. and now you want cars? maybe flaying UFO?
    you want kill this game?
    cars faster than super speed or acrobatics? are you serious?
    This game need update for travel powers and new open worlds, mentors no stupid cars.
  2. shotgunPR Active Player

so if not a new way of travel, what about a new movement!!!???
  3. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

I don't see this working. Its a nice idea though, just not for this game. The maps are not NEARLY large enough to need a car and if anything, I'd like to see NEW movement powers. Or at least new animations for the movement modes that currently exist. Or most of all, Super Speed being a whole lot faster (because more speed is always better right?).
  4. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Could be interesting 4 a new movement!! Like a human inspired movement mode!! not everyone can fly, has superspeed or is acrobatical!! But most seem to be technical geniuses though lol!!
  5. Angus Krozz New Player

I would like to see new movement modes with transportation like the batmobile. If it don't have weapons it should act like a battering ram like hitting enemies should send them in the air plus cause damage. If it's just to ride in for style or, other transportation then I really would not even care for it. I would also like to see the batwings I forgot the name of batmans plane fighter jet whatever. That should have weapons on it with rockets and, machine guns. The batmobile should also have weapons on it like rockets plus machine guns. A ride just to ride in for a new movement mode would be boring. All rides for a movement mode has to have at least 2 weapons plus being able to run enemies down if the player prefers doing that. I would like to go to the zone with queen bees mindless drones in metropolis or, go to old gotham with brainiacs army and, just run them over.
  6. shotgunPR Active Player

one new movement could be.......

[IMG]
  7. tman Well-Known Player

vehicle travel be aswome but need to add a way to customize your ride simliar to what your new toon will wear
  8. shotgunPR Active Player

that would be cool!!!.... but also like my new movement idea!!
  9. Lepew New Player

Agree with Vashta's ideas on monorail and vehicles. Would be fun from play standpoint of being able to shortcut some sections of the map. From an aesthetics consideration, game would suffer though as the landscape of moving super heros would diminish. There is something about looking over there and seeing that colored swoosh of someone flying around the building that makes the game feel more super hero like.

I don't play PS3, but do you not have a target circle? Teleport could work on a movement power hold in the direction of the target circle. Hold length would determine distance traveled up to max. Devs would need to decide if going through solid objects is a base power attribute or an enhanced teleport. If it is enhanced, people using base teleport would resolidify at intervening objects.

Right now the mechanics are in the game for teleport in the Quantum set (QT). QT ports you in the direction of your target circle to the fixed distance of the ability. There does seem to be some issue with going through objects into locations that hang up the player, IE several times I have wound up in areas with no egress. Perhaps there is concern that widespread use of teleport would result in glitched players stuck in places like the terrain beneath the city.

I preferred the CoH version of teleport to that of Champions online. There needs to be a brief hover at destination to allow for the chain.