New LPVE Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DynamiteGal, Jul 5, 2017.

1. DynamiteGal Active Player

LPVE and grinding those general feats....oh joy.... (not really).

Here is one idea I gave a long time ago. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...improving-the-lpve-general-feat-grind.266528/

Next, I mentioned on discord on a Friday night to maybe add a multiplier to the characters you personally run. For example, instead of getting credit for one run of batman towards the batman family feats you get more credit. say any where between 2-10 times per each run of the character you are using. Mepps said he wrote the idea down, but I doubt anything will come of it.

To sum that part up: reducing the general feats - not going to happen. Adding any kind of multiplier - just say it - not going to happen.

Now for those of us that want to finish these feats and cross them off the list, it makes the game long, boring, tedious, and simply not fun. And it seems like whenever you decide you might want to do a few or work on it, the worst maps seem to be up. (Bludhaven, A51, Courthouse, etc). All those objectives and don't get me started on trying to pug these. And forming a group for farming - one or two runs and people quit.

So on to the new idea: We need a solo LPVE map. This is purely for the purpose of those that want to grind out those awful feats in between waiting for friends to log on or between content or whatever. No new feats attached, just something easier to grind out.

I believe the perfect solo for this would be "Deep Desires". Only 2 bosses and simple objectives (the waterfall and breaking the pedestal things). This solo also doesn't contain any npcs that are also legends characters, so you can use any legends characters from your list. Loot wise: first boss gives no marks, just 1 simple material. and last boss gives 1 mark of Legend and rare chance at also dropping old base items. This solo is also the same for both factions and there is no warping to other areas. (like in the science sphere solo).

Could this be added please?
    • Like x 4
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I don't see anything wrong with lessening the LPvE grind, the precedent for reducing grind already exists (250 PvP wins reduced to 50). And I think a hybridization and expansion of your ideas could be the ideal way.

Add LPvE Solos, Duos, and Raids. Solos give credit as 1 run, duos as 2, alerts as 3 and finally raids as 5.

This lessens the grind without actually reducing the numbers, meaning no feats would need to be altered or adjusted. Of course, I'm not sure if the tech exists to award multiple completion counts off a single event completion.

At any rate, I'm still on pace to finish my LPvE feats on February 31, 2099, so no worries either way.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2099!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

What are you going to do when you finally finish them?
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

As long as the solos aren't long, I'm for it.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

I am all for lpve solos,
    why not make it possible
    to run all solos with legends?
  7. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Blocking certain characters from certain instances should be removed anyway. The whole idea of legends is that it is a simulation, so why does it mater if you have 5 Jokers beating up on the Joker or whatever