Suggestion for improving the LPVE general feat grind

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DynamiteGal, Jan 13, 2016.

1. DynamiteGal Active Player

I would like to share my idea for improving the general lpve feat grind. This idea keeps in mind everyone's best interest. (Meaning both players and the devs will benefit from this idea.) Please take this suggestion into serious consideration.

The idea is that when you run a legends pve instance, you will get feat credit for the characters that everyone in the group plays. Here's the catch. You only get credit for characters that you yourself have unlocked.

Example 1: you run as wonder woman, player 2 as batman, player 3 as superman, and player 4 as green arrow. In this example you have unlocked all those characters personally, so you would get credit for 4 runs in general, 1 run as a female toon, 3 runs as a male toon, 4 runs as a hero toon, 1 count for the wonder woman family category, 1 count for batman family, 1 count for superman family, and 1 count for green arrow family.

Example 2: you run as batman. player 2 as zod. player 3 as green arrow, and player 4 as nightwing. You have batman and nightwing unlocked, but you have never unlocked or purchased zod or green arrow. you would recieve credit for 2 runs in general, 2 runs as a hero, 2 runs as a male toons, and 2 for batman family. you would not recieve credit for zod or green arrow.

The benefits to implementing this change:
    1. Those that have a lot of legends characters unlocked will be able to be rewarded for it.
    2. It will make the general feat grind go slightly faster for everyone.
    3. It does not nerf the feats themselves, so those that have already earned the feats do not lose them.
    4. It will still require grind to complete and will still take years as the devs intended.
    5. Since one of the points of lpve is to run on your favorite character, If you have a character unlocked and don't like it and don't want to play it, you can still get credit for that family without having to play the characters you don't like.
    6. For the devs: an increase in sales of legendary characters. People will purchase the legends characters they are missing so they can receive the additional credit. Players who are not currently legendary may also start to sub, just to unlock characters for lpve.
    7. In short: players=better game play experience/feat grind devs=more $$$ - a win-win for everyone.

Thank you for giving this idea consideration and I look forward to the possibility of this becoming a reality.
    • Like x 20
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

I like the thinking, very clever. My primary concern is this entire idea wraps around the notion that the grind to get the lpve feats needs to be sped up, but I'm not seeing the Devs going through the work to implement the change when there's no real reason to speed up the grind. As you've already pointed out, the grind is meant to last years.

That said, it can't hurt to ask.
    • Like x 2
  3. DynamiteGal Active Player

Just wanted to add a clarification. This idea is in reference to the general lpve feats only. Team-up feats would still continue to work the way they do now.

side note: the total number of runs to finish all the general feats is 5,250. (at 1 a day everyday w/o fail - that's 14 years) So this isn't a far out request, but a humane one. LOL I'll keep up the grind, but for those that don't do more than one a day or haven't started yet, a little help couldn't hurt. 800+ runs done ...,4,450 to go.......
    • Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Just hope they're still supporting my PS3 as long as it takes me to finish.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i like the idea.

personally i think we should have a few lpve duos to help speed things up.
  6. AKXC Well-Known Player

I can see how it benefits all of us, devs get $ by people persuaded to by them all and we get more skill points
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I like it.
    The issue will be players who have completed the feats or are near completing the feats.
    Of course, the precedent is the nerfed PvP feats and nerfed style feats
  8. DynamiteGal Active Player

Here's another scary thought....
    Eventually, more legends characters are going to be introduced into the game. We already know that Grodd is coming. Sooner or later, I wouldn't be surprised if another family category is added. If that were to happen, another 750 runs would be added to complete that family. This is where the very few players that have the feats done or near done at this point will take interest. If they have to do another 750 runs, they will want this suggestion implemented.

Not to mention that for the casual gamer doing the one a day everyday method...another 750 runs would add another 2 years to the already 14 years needed. That's 16 years of lpve ....

Scary isn't it! LOL
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Very smart and fair idea.

1+
  10. comrade sonya Committed Player

Exactly, which I've brought up numerous times before. If all pvp feats can be reduced years laters especially when there was ample time to get them then these ridiculous lpve grind feats can go too. The <20 people who've finished them all are outliers not the standard
    • Like x 2
  11. DynamiteGal Active Player

Just want to say thank you to the devs for all their hard work. Not just recently with crossplay and for each new episode each month, but for all the hard work they put in each day for the game and for the players.

So I know you have a lot on your plate and a lot of improvements are planned for 2016, but I thought I would ask the question. Among the 2016 improvements, will the general legends pve feats be addressed? Either with this idea, or reducing the number for the family feats, or any other kind of improvements? Don't have to be specific, just something to let the community know if improvements will take place in the future or to keep up the grind.

Thank you again. :)
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

DC is a group effort so we should get group credit!

I'm down for this change very very much. But they still need to fix them so they count. It's irritating when u played 500 times and gender ads up tp 497. You got my vote!
  13. CheddarCube Well-Known Player

I love this idea! Encourages people to be more diverse in their character choices and cuts down on the time needed to get these feats. I enjoy LPVE a good deal, but I don't want to be forced to run it twice daily without fail for a whole year just to get ONE feat. This would soften the blow greatly.
  14. DynamiteGal Active Player

Last anyone heard on the general feats being looked into was back in July, 2015 (in a source cast w/ Mepps). Are they still being looked into?
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Anything to shorten the grind. It's the silliest thing in the game. I'd rather gather 50000 exobits then run 5000+ LPVE instances. I've got the feats done for most of the individual LPVE events and once they're done I'm not touching them again because it's just futile to run that many times for what amounts to very little reward (10 feat points)
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

As long as there are threads, it's an issue to be looked into. :D
  17. Ichiro Loyal Player

I like this idea. They still need to reduce the number but this would also be a great addition.
  18. DynamiteGal Active Player

Just wondering if anyone has seen an update from a green name on the subject. I don't use twitter, just the forums. Maybe someone has seen something on there?
  19. Ully Committed Player

I cosign this. Make it happen, Devs.
  20. DynamiteGal Active Player

Gave myself a personal goal of hitting that 1,000 runs total mark. Getting close. Managed to reach 931/1000 tonight. 4 more runs of the flash left to go for 100 of that family category. Hoping to get those 4 tomorrow, if I can find the time. After that I'll be taking my time again. After that 1,000: no point in running more than that til something is done about these.