New Episode: RIDDLED WITH CRIME!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Ivansuper New Player

please, I play through the steam, I bought the dlc but inside the game it tells me that I still have not bought
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

You look adorable in your Early Access Beta onesie though...
  3. RockNFire Level 30

Early access was nothing more than SOE/DBG using it's legendary player base as beta testers for their unpolished content.
    Like if they had "Early Accessed" this to it's subscribing membership....most of the sloppyness of this DLC would have been reported and patched prior to the larger playing base of Prem/Free players getting access to it.....because they matter more to them as they are trying to entice the Prem/Free crowd to sub up.

Hence...paying subscribers....mean less to them because they already have your $$.

But with the sloppy content releases now.....just shows most....the games not worth a sub anymore.
    • Like x 1
  4. Uncle Watt New Player

"Relogging" didn't work either.
    I ended up having to re-imprint to what was already equipped to my character and lost my alternative loadouts. Problem never fixed itself and the devs provided no solution.
  5. MsNite New Player

The marks of victory issue has still not been resolved, bug report also submitted, back on the 21st September, but no explanation given.
    Character is buffed up to 197 CR.
    When a mission is complete it asks you to view journal but the mission is not there so there is no complete and no MOV's collected.

This really needs sorting as soon as possible as its been too long now.
    Have given up on this episode till its sorted.
  6. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Forget preview.
    Leave this as an option for an alternate leveling path.

This is some of the greatest open world content in the game since is scales and allows all players to cooperatively assist one another unless they decide to go PVP.

This is the kind of alternate leveling content that I have been asking for for years.
    I would like to see more of this content that is accessible to all levels to be able to cooperatively function with one another.

Don't lock out a good thing.

Take away the Preview and you take away my new content.
    I have been asking for lower level content to be added since you removed so much of it.

There are a good deal of missions that used to be in the game for the lower levels that is gone.
    This is some of the freshest new content for lower levels so don't remove it - expand on it and give us more content like this that all players can enjoy participating with one another.

I would suggest modifying the original Open Worlds of Gotham and Metropolis to function more like this (clamped content) and keep Solo/Duos/4-man/Raids functioning the way that they presently do.

This allows the people that want to game on the Open World alongside leveling characters the option to do so on a more even footing so that a low level character is worthy to fight alongside a high CR teammate.
    There is nothing wrong with that.

If you want this to be higher level only content, then add more content to the area that is just for higher CR, but keep what is there now open to all characters level 10 and higher (I don't really care if you nerf the gear boxes to bring the leveling in-line what what you think it should be)

A couple of negatives that do stand out.

Batwoman's mission with the multi-tool weapon cause you to lose your super-movement ability so that you have to "limp" back to her. This should be fixed.

PVP - enemies can apparently use invisibility/cloaking to sneak into enemy bases/spawn points and kill with tranquiler/sleep darts - that shouldn't be happening.

Flight is king. I haven't even tried to run around in this content with superspeed. It is super annoying to run Batwoman's missions with Acrobatics. Flight is so smooth in this content, but the Flight is the all around best travel power in this game and it always has been - has the best maneuverability, the best power pool, and the best "getaway" power.
    Using acrobatics to move the presents and toy-afied villains is just annoying.

If you lock someone from getting content without paying replay badges, explain what you have done to trigger the need to pay replay badges, how long will take to unlock it overtime (if that even an option), and a message that it won't unlock over time if can't unlock over time.

There needs to be more of a reason to go to the far western area where the enemies are clumped close together. Street sweeping teams don't even tend to go back there.
    • Like x 1
  7. GL4ever Well-Known Player

You can ditch the milti-tool after you get the last objective and still talk to Batwoman and finish the mission.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I like the idea of no end to the "preview"... Gives players at all levels or tiers something different to do to grab gear and all CR tiers can help each other. I Okay so not below level 10 but HONESTLY? By the time you complete that first mission after leaving Brainiac"s ship you are at level 9 these days.
    A couple of negatives that do stand out.

Now I have no clue what Is going on with you and the Multitool but I have never lost my normal travel ability while using that. You lose YOU powers and have to use the ones the tool provided but it is not supposed to affect travel .. if it is for you. you need to report it because you found a glitch. ALSO .. as GL4ever pointed out.. once you save the proper number of Riddler's men just tap SIX(6) and the tool is gone and you are back to normal.

I have bee running 11 alts through the zone daily. Including Super Speed and Acrobatic. YES flight makes things a little easier because you can fly above the mobs till you find what you want to attack but aside for a few extra battles with 1 man mobs here and there.. I've had no issue running and completing anything in the zone with any travel power. Basically what you describe can be applied at any level or tier... An Acrobat at level 12 roaming around Metropolis on foot either has to avoid or battle through mobs in certain areas to get where they need to go .. same with a speedster.
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Speaking of the Preview does anyone have any idea when it is actually supposed to end? I have 11 alts running through there a day and only 6 of them will be able to still get in once the preview ends. With the vendor at the entrance in the watchtower i am not all that worried about being stuck with a pile of Marked Bills i can't spend BUT I am grabbing two pieces of gear a day between the vault and Amusement Mile .. so I would like an idea when the gravy train ends.

I don't see anything here as far as an actual end date but did they mention an date on a Pod cast i missed?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Mepps said something along the lines of when Earth 3 hits live.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I had seen that in a thread last week but wasn't sure if it was just a rumor or fact. THANKS
  12. CriticalPilot New Player

So it looks like you guys are shutting down the PlayStation 3 servers what's funny to me is that you don't even give people enough time to buy a PlayStation four you could at least wait until after tax time to do this because my priorities are not a PlayStation four I own my own house have a wife and I have children and these things called bills. If you guys want to lose a **** ton of business because you want to make a decision within a two month span instead of actually giving people enough time to upgrade then either you're going to give people refunds for all the time and money they spent on your game or you're going to start handing out free PlayStation fours because that's really shady business. Again just give people enough time because 90 days is definitely not enough but if you want to divide your player base it was a **** ton of money then by all means follow through.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Whenever you get a chance to purchase a PS4 (after tax season for example), you can still log into your PSN, take a day to download the game and your toons will all be there just as you left them.
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

This is not the place to cry about not owning a PS4! There is a thread for that....
  15. CriticalPilot New Player

Actually it's the perfect place to talk about concerns of how they're running a business that I'm putting my money into you.
  16. Physique Dedicated Player

Actually, the business reason for going this direction with the PS3 is because Sony is no longer offering platform support for developers so that the game technology will be guaranteed to work on the system. Sony made an announcement at E³ this year stating that their support for the platform with end in 2018 -- this announcement coincides or bookends with that. Given that the platform was dutifully supported by Sony for over 11½ years, the move makes sense. At the end of this run, Daybreaks (and the former SOE) will have maintained PS3 access for a run of 7 years and 21 days. While I am sad to see the support drop, I can understand and accept this as a means of moving forward with the understanding that this decision neither came easy nor was it entirely in the hands of the people at Daybreak.
    • Like x 2
  17. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

There must be equipment higher than the Episode 29 vendor gear. Where do you get it?
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Episode 29 vendor gear and Episode 28 & 29 OP gear is the highest gear right now.
  19. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

So nothing drops during raids or alerts?
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Purple gear, max is 1 item level less than vendor. Also blue and green gear. Best gear is always in vendor now since AF3.