Livestream New Atomic Powers Revealed! Tune in October 13 at Noon PT!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 9, 2015.

1. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

You don't have to risk. l did that for you!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    & l'ven't wife yet, so mah dignity hopefully will safe. But sereously these effects look somehow... less appealing that they shown. But of course it's on amateur. l'm completely for feature to bring power customization in DCUO finally (and someday it will, l'm sure), but all those grass-green krackles look way too unnatural. First picture highly reminds toxic Defile power from another game.

Maybe instead of making green Atomic playable, they'll go another way & update all Atomic NPC yellow-red powers, because those NPC's are buggy like hell. If the mountain won't come to Muhammad then... so to speak.

And yellow-green colored powers could go right into powerset that'll deal with Toxic stuff - probably even Serums. If chemistry finds its way here & you will be able to poison your enemies (not nature's spores), that could be unquestionably green & you can make Toxic character green-colored. But DaGrateKrushmor the Nuclear Cyborg isn't Toxic - he supposed to be Atomic from very beginning & will be such very soon. l already made him toxic in that game & won't make that mistake once again.
  2. OmegaStarEX Active Player

I actually love the green color.
    • Like x 2
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Yeah, l think it wouldn't be bad too to have power customization of that type. Moar options = always great!
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Part of the reason it looks so odd is because everything in those scenes had the orange/red replaced with green. It's almost like laying a piece of green cellophane over your display. If only the effects and animations were altered, it would look like it should.
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Awesome not as Black as the OG variant though.

[IMG]

I'm still confused as to why the Devs haven't considered a OG variant after 5 years of asking?

It should be called Atomic Variant: Bio-hazard Edition. And instead of the Radiation symbol that appears above your head when you get a nuclear charge, you get the green bio-hazard symbol instead.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I wanted orange 'cause of Firestorm, but I couldn't care less about the color right now! I'm just waiting for it to be released on test server!

Devs? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  7. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Check the Atomic thread in the testing section.

They said it should be released on Friday for testing...or at least, sometime this week.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Oh, I remember someone mentioning by the end of the week, thought it could happen today.
  9. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Perhaps they reserve bio-hazard symbol for Serums powerset. Still toxic & atomic isn't same thing. lt could have chemical powers (mixtures) as well as physical & maybe these will be green, just like former green NPC. We didn't got toxic powers in Atomic anyway, so toxic stuff can be released in future as standalone powerset (after Water). But l would appreciate getting green Atomic variant too.[/B]
  10. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Because most of those people who were asking, probably don't even play anymore.
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It wouldn't make it as a new powerset, but the variant would work, with the power of Exobytes!

Atomic as a power has many relatives and sub categories.

Atomic is related to Quantum and probably Fire for example, but Atomic is categorized into sub areas like Nucleaus energy, Radiation,, Sub-Atomic and... Biohazards.

After all many biohazards are the result or accompany an Atomic accident, like radiation.

Chemo, Blight share this mainly, both have caused biological hazards but also use radiation, but Atomic Skull and Kryptonite Man accompany it.

Both Atmoic/Radiation and Biohazards do similar effects to matter/life.

I would love to see Atomic: Biohazard Edition in the future, as Atomic is such an awesome looking power.

So instead of this symbol above your head
    [IMG]

This will be the symbol and colour in the Biohazard variant
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. David Ivanenko Committed Player

That Mass Density supercharge sounds like a nice way to avoid Trigon's pull from knocking out anyone during UM, or the big AoE during the Titans/Avatar of Sin's fight.
    At least a couple of times per fight, since it is a 50% supercharge.
  13. marcas New Player

please can anyone tell me the style of the back item in the reveal video? thank you..
  14. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Bio hazard
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Funny how they use a back piece called Bio-hazard, this just revives my point on the OG Atomic as a variant called Bio-hazard.