New Artifacts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

How would these artifacts affect Rage DPS and Rage Tanks?
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

Rage Tanks wont benefit at all since they dont have any usefull tank SC and they already get CC immunity if they counter...
    Rage DPS who can melee would benefit from using Berserk 36% faster while those who will dps at range will watch how wonderful other powers will perform :rolleyes:
  3. Proxystar #Perception

All roles still benefit.

Artifacts come with innate stat boost not just the function that comes with level 80.

In fact you could theoretically make a rage loadout that uses the sc that cancels your rage crash if so desired.

All these people that just want to cookie cutter things without thinking outside the box a little.

Notwithstanding that point this is merely one additional artifact with more to be added later.
    • Like x 6
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Do you use Supercharges, Weapon DPS or enemy debuffs?
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

appearantly, there is nothing interesting for playing hybrid.
    or maybe you can use both a precission and a might artefact...?
    well, the dominance from weapon artefact seems fitting to weapon experts who use shields and heals.
    however: are weapon experts going to survive in melee boss fights?
    i guess in elite raids you are bacicly ****** as weapon expert...
    maybe one would need to use the tank artefacts to melee instead of the precission ones?
    those are my thoughts, trying to go weapon expert for the sake of it...
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

and then there is the crowd going with the cookie cutter although thinking outside the box because the alternative makes everything harder for the same result thats why the SC which cancels ur rage crash requires even more attention on top of what rage tanking already demands not to forget if u get mind controlled and ur SC bar gets wasted ur group is ***** cause u thought ur smarter by thinking outside the box :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I guess some methods just require a certain level of skill. Doesn't make them impossible.

Nor does it mean you should use them in outlier circumstances
    • Like x 2
  8. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Are you a well knowledgeable Rage player? Not saying you’re not or are but Rage is a very fun power and it’s also a leech power. Vindictive is really useful for many reasons and it’s also really good in the right hands. As a tank I have no problem doing my job. Though there’s certain powers from Rage that make it fun and unique such as Channeled Hate and Rage Blast etc. Our power usually lies face to face with enemies and that puts our health at risk. A sustain power that gives us health in return by the amount of damage along with Severe Punishment is something I’m curious if artifacts going to have any good impact on it.
    i run as a dps without a supercharge and do just fine. I like Channeled Hate and Vindictive when I was messing with it. The scorecard isn’t my concern as a dps. As a tank I like using ragebringer, Severe Punishment and Vindictive. In my opinion and in theory, Rage looks promising with the release of artifacts and Mepps said there’s more to come to fit many playstyles. Atomic Energize is also going to be good with artifact supercharge description.
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

You think and play the game like how i do.. Dope.. Which side hero or vill?
  10. Compound Omega Level 30

I am a villain. Controller/DPS is all that I have played since revamp, because I decided once the revamp went live that I would pick my favorite power, Quantum, and go all in. I think the controller role has been overlooked somewhat by the community. There are a lot of comments that dismiss the role as useless. I have been in several instances where I know I made a huge difference for the team. Healer goes down with a few DPS due to Ultraman (raid) or Owlman (alert), my artifact takes over healing for a moment while I protect the group with Event Horizon, which refills power for those still up and heals them at the same time while I pick up the other group members. Once they activate the resurrection there is no panicking, Event Horizon automatically protects them as well and restores their health and power. All while my artifact is enacting heals as well. No need to resurrect and scramble a supply drop or soder, I have you covered. Now lets show Ultraman/Owlman our appreciation for his actions!!!
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I plan on getting the Scrap artifact. I'm excited for even more power and supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Haven’t played in awhile. As premium did Area 51 used to be loot locked every week? I was usually Legendary because of the annoying inventory space, utility belt and other things. However, now I was trying to get my first artifact and I can’t even complete catalyst. I ran the alert and got one but now I need one more but the instance is loot locked -.-
  13. Balzemon New Player

You can get the catalyst with another character -- they're tradeable.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    if an artefacts effect get activated, for how long does the effect last before it wears off?
    everytime there is a description like "for a short time", i want to know how short is short ;)
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's usually a few seconds. I think around 12 seconds
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

sounds troublesome... how often do you counter targets?
    not sure, but it is not allways every 12 seconds i guess...
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Um 0...
    You could always perform the necessary action on a sparring target and time the buff.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

WAIT A SECOND... i got a QUESTION:
    since it is a group function... does that mean if ANYONE in the group does a counter,
    the effect of predictive counterstrike is going to get activated for the whole group?
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your asking me about an artifact that's not on live. And I think you already know the answer if you read it's description.
    • Like x 2
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

right. but i guess the second precission artefact will be awesome for WE players ^^