Neon Chroma Material and the paywall. I regret it.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Chia Death Well-Known Player

If you don't want me pointing out you said something obvious and totally irrelevant then don't say obvious and totally irrelevant things.
  2. Lodestone Active Player

Now as a player for many years and sub for most of that time this should not be something we want but should be the norm, this is my biggest irritation. Year in year out bugs, disconnects, stuck in map, lags, stuck in bushes /trees you name i could go on. As a paying cusomer i find this onacceptable.
    On the topic im a player who wants to play for progression not to play open a capsule. Yes for optional no problem i bought enough Booster Gold bundles before to support and try to get something i want and yes there are many 'easy' feats in the game but you still have to play for them.
    Sub ends on 11-01-2020, have to think hard about this one, so many years of play. Just not sure anymore if i can go on in this direction the game is going.
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Something I found hilarious yet sad at the same time was the other day I went to Nexus to solo it real quick to work on the artifact feat from that Raid. As I ran up to it, I took notice that the Paradox Wave portal is STILL broken to this day. What has it been? 1 to 2 years now since they disabled it because of issues. How in the world is the development team stretched so gawd damn thin that they can't take the time to fix a single portal?! That was just mind boggling to me. lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Small team with other priorities. It is indeed sad that if something isn't deemed an insta-killer money making-machine type of implementation/update/hotfix, it's seemingly put on the bottom of the priority list, a list that by now is very long with a lot of things not getting the attention it should be getting in terms of bugs and what not.

The quality of the actual game should be top priority imo.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The devs have said that they are not in favor of walk ins (for queue up content). I'd guess this one will never return and if any others ever have 'issues' they will be closed as well. They stopped making them after Paradox/Nexus anyway(or Trigon I guess), way before there was ever an issue discovered (or reported)...so their days were numbered when they were launched. I'm honestly surprised the rest are still open. Sucks too as walk ins are a good option to avoid either an impossible LFG built group or blind queuing and having to wait for hours. I'd love an A&B or L&W walk in or UM/UME. Those runs are tough to get 8 people together if you are still chasing old feats, but could be done by 3 or 4 people if a walk-in was available. The better fix is still Adjustable Queue size....but that prob won't happen either.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah, I love how the Devs say, "We don't want to do walk-ins for old content because it will kill the que." but then turn around and make CR Skip Tokens and say, "We don't expect new players to catch up to end-game players through normal progression." Riiiiiiight. They do realize they just essentially "killed the que" of old content by doing that right? Oh...my mistake, one cost $50 and one doesn't. Gotcha...carry on Devs...carry on. lol
  7. mhead11 New Player

People have lives and responsibilities outside of this game.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Like ALL of the Time Capsule Styles, it will EVENTUALLY come to the in-game Boo$ter Gold Vendor in your HQ, but only after that Time Capsule is completely retired YEARS from now, when it won't even drop in Resurgence Capsules anymore. Styles from the first few Time Capsules are available there, so you no longer have to pray to RNGeesus to get the Void Material, the Future Crusader Style Set pieces, the Lantern Corps Emblems, and a number of other highly desirable styles. You can just go buy them with Quarks! :cool:

So, ALL of us will eventually be able to get the Neon Chroma Materials, we just have to be patient.
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If there were a fix that I would want in this, make this a perk of membership: greater chance of getting a rare drop in the collections or of rare style items. You're a paying member... instead of getting a 1-in-10000 chance, maybe give you a 1-in-1000 or 1-in-500 chance.
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There's an even better system in place with the Time Capsules, where once you open so many of a particular Time Capsule on a particular character, that character gets a Feat that also gets them a style emailed to them! And the number is really low on how many of that TC you need to open, it can be as low as 5, or a maximum of only 15, and BAM, Feat and Style! THAT'S how they should do the rarest styles like the Neon Chroma Materials, but NOOO, that would make too much sense and wouldn't make Daybreak nearly as much MONEY! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  11. Lodestone Active Player

I'm sorry, i understand were you comming from but as long as you can play said content, it is actual and as long as they let you pay for it i find it absurd that these kind of issues exists at all. This irritation was my main reason why i stopped playing from time to time outside of the unplayable content because of it. On top of it we have the known issues and i ask myself why am i actually paying for this.
    This shouldn't be an issue at al, they just have to sell a game that works properly.
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Which is fine. But when those same people spend $100 on gamble-boxes, and get angry that they don't feel the items are worth the price, I just wanted them to know there is an alternative.

The Stabilizer Event takes about 2 minutes to run. But if somebody is so invested in playing the game that they are convinced that a gamble box item is worth spending hundreds of dollars, and if they don't actually have that much extra money just laying around that they don't mind throwing away, then maybe they would be willing to adjust their playstyle slightly so that they can spend a few extra minutes getting something for free that they were otherwise complaining they had to spend money on.

Unless you're suggesting the people whining that they spent hundreds of dollars on gamble boxes don't actually log in and play the game for any significant amount of time.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

how much money do you think we should be spending to get a game that works?

time capsules are not new. they've brought millions of dollars into the game and this is what we get. sorry but daybreak is not putting money back into the game. its been coasting on auto pilot giving us the barest minimum expecting us to shell out hundreds of dollars a month for it.

things are in the state they're in because these guys don't know how to make a working game. they don't know how to fix it.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

In Marvel Heroes, their version of the lootboxes was called "Fortune Cards" and contained some unique skins and pets. But they also contained a failsafe currency, so there was a hard cap: if you opened a certain number of cards and still didn't get the item you wanted, you could just walk over to a vendor and buy it with the failsafe currency.

It's kind of like what they do here with Quarks, except the prices actually make sense, and you don't have to wait 2 years before you have the option.
    • Like x 4
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Just because you can technically "play" the game/content, doesn't justify the quality-issues that should be maintained. Stating otherwise doesn't make sense.

We have not one, not two but dozens of bugs that have YEARS on them, not to mention that every actual NEW EPISODE seem to be more and more ridden with even the most obvious of bugs with every release these days. Live servers are seemingly being treated like Test, we are left with new and broken content on Release day, and we get to pay for it. It's pretty hilarious when you think about it.
  16. Lodestone Active Player

Makes all the sense in the world to me. It really doesnt justify that they sell content wich i am paying for as a sub is not running properely.
    Just my opinion but im not going to nag on about it cause its a getting a bit of topic.

Yeah, red lined i totally agree with you.
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They've brought MILLIONS of dollars into the game? How did you get access to see the financial statements? Do you have access to cost of business, how much it costs to create new content, employee pay, etc as well? It seems like you have a lot of inside knowledge about Daybreaks finances, I'm wondering where I can view this too!

Also, the game works fine for me. I rarely have any issues. Maybe it's because I play on PS4, but I don't have issues.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd go for that idea. How about like how the level 23 augments in Atlantis content gave us an extra loot choice in the raids, maybe opening a TC as a member gives us an extra choice slots in TCs? Sure it would probably end up being another set of gear boots or low tier collection, but hey...more slots is more chances for something good at least.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Personally, whether it's a TC or a booster box, or a regular loot box for that matter, I never expect to get the super rare drops, and definitely wouldn't go in expecting to get one, no matter how much money was thrown at it. If I got one, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I'd never go buying a random box (or 10 of them, or 100, or 1000000) expecting to get the uber rare prize. The "law of averages" - that eventually chance will owe you the rare result from enough rolls of the dice - is a myth. Probability just doesn't work like that.

Statistically, it works just the same as it does as a coin does - the result of a coin toss bears has absolutely NO connection and takes NO influence from the coin tosses that came before it. You toss the coin again, it's still an even 50/50 result, no matter how many times you've tossed it before, or how many heads or tails you've tallied. The coin doesn't "owe" you a 'head' every second throw. That's why if you tried it you'd still get long runs of heads and tails that you wouldn't expect if the "law of averages" actually applied.

The same is true of TCs, or booster bundles, or any loot box. Just because you've opened a million of them without a million-to-one odds item dropping, doesn't mean the universe owes you it on the millionth-plus-one. It's still a milliion to one chance every time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

At this point you're bringig up the very same point I was stressing all this time, yet somehow at the same time you're disagreeing with it. Not sure if you understood my previous posts or not, lol.
    • Like x 1