Need help with a Nature Gorilla Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Vulcanicmist, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Vulcanicmist New Player

Hey everyone I’m here hoping to get some advice and help on a gorilla nature Loadout. I like using wolf form but In some cases I die numerous times for being in melee range and that’s where the gorilla form will come into play. If anyone could help me with what artis I should run with on gorilla form and the rotation I should be using, would really appreciate the help thank you!

Ps Would like to give a huge shoutout to Loraxx and Gemii for helping me out on my last post of Nature healing, thank you :)
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't have to melee with Wolf but what LO were you going to use with Gorilla?
  3. Vulcanicmist New Player

Hey Lorax! I’m not sure to be honest, I just need help on what should I be using in that form. The best dps on Xbox side is nature but he doesn’t reveal his gorilla Loadout lol I just know it has heat vision in it
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Are you planning on using it for elite range? Adds/hallways or boss fights? Because that would completely change what you use
  5. Vulcanicmist New Player

Just for boss fights and elite range, sorry forgot to add that
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I range elite hallway adds I would still recommend wolf over gorilla just because of the sc cost alone. If you are looking for a single loadout for everything (ST and aoe both one one loadout) try this:

Human: serpent call, briar, vine lash, harvest (or robot sidekick), wolf, gorilla

Wolf (or bug form in fights where you have to be in the air): freeze breath, voracious plan, harvest, sonic shout (or heat vision), serpent call (or robot sidekick/swarm/gorilla) return to normal

Gorilla: impelling thorn, voracious plant, harvest, heat vision, robot sidekick (or carnivores plant/neo venom/wolf, can’t remember if you can go gorilla to wolf), return to normal

I’m not currently nature so I still have to go back and retest a few things but this is a good start until I’m able to go back a retest things. I’ll break down how the loadout works.

Human form is simply there to hold your poisons. You want to be in human form as little as possible. For adds or aoe fights you’ll be in wolf while for ingle target fights you’ll go gorilla. If you can set up poisons on adds do so and switch to wolf. While in wolf:

Harvest > freeze breath 2 ticks (tap range right on the 2nd tick to cancel freeze breath) > clip the tap range with voracious plant > harvest > Sonic shout 2 ticks (two range same as freeze breath) > clip the tap range with voracious plant > harvest > freeze breath 2 ticks > repeat

Here are a few variants based on the options I gave you above:
    If you use robot sidekick than clip the first harvest with RS and clip the animation of RS with a cola. If you also have RS in your human form than you won’t need to do this since robot sidekick will already be out.
    If you use swarm than use swarm in place of the first voracious plant and continue the rotation as.
    Why use serpent call? Well if you are in a raid where things die fast than you won’t have time to go back to human set up poisons and than go back to wolf. In this situation stay in wolf form between adds and use serpent call from within wolf. Rotation would be:

Serpent call > freeze breath 2 ticks > clip the tap range with voracious plant > voracious plant (again) > sonic shout 2 tick > voracious plant 2 times > freeze breath 2 ticks > serpent call > voracious plant > sonic shout 2 ticks > repeat

Keep in mind that with all variants you can use heat vision instead of sonic shout. Only difference in rotation would be that you let heat vision complete instead of canceling it like you do with sonic shout. Only use heat vision if you are using solar amplifier.

For gorilla in boss fights after you set up poisons:
    Harvest > heat vision > voracious plant > impelling thorn > voracious plant > harvest > repeat

If you have robot sidekick and use it to clip the first harvest then clip it with your cola to clip the animation of RS. If you already have RS in your human loadout than you can skip that step. You already have a lot of aoe in gorilla so you don’t need wolf form in your gorilla loadout. However it’s there as an option for when you want to go strait to wolf for hallways.
    For your 5th slot you could also go with either carnivorous plant or neo venom for you use use while in gorilla to do extra damage. However I wouldn’t recommend this as it would drain your sc to much. Something you could do instead is go back to human and back to gorilla to reapply your damage buff. If you use eye of Gemini this is even more potent since you have the gorilla buff plus the Gemini buff and the Gemini burst. So if only really recommend robot sidekick or wolf form.

Like I said, I have to retest a few things to min max but this a solid all around loadout for both aoe range and ST.

Artifacts I’d recommend with this loadout would probably be solar amp, trans, strategist.
  7. Walvine Well-Known Player

Gorila form changes the following powers into aoe.
    Impaling thorn , vine lash and savage growth also changes to merges wolf and insectoid versions together both poison and heal spore with its usual cc effects are applied ,gorila is big bulky brick so the usual position to stand with gorila is side on to boss so no one is standing behind you.
    Some nature powers cause forward stepping in animation as you know so distance to try and stay at is about same as max range as savage growth damages a target , Which coinincodently is exact same minimal distance to stand whilst avoiding metal part 2 nth metal golems knock back skull attack .
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Savage growth is already aoe without the need of gorilla. And none of the abilities do any CC in raids since the dominance is to low to CC anything. And no you should never stand next to the boss. That is terrible advice. And you can also use pheromones outside if gorilla and insect form. AND just because gorilla turns vine lash to aoe doesn’t mean he should use vine lash in aoe.

Please OP, ignore this guys advice.
    • Like x 2
  9. Walvine Well-Known Player

Yes only tank and controler needs the 8k+ dom for cc , 25% from restore goes to dom for healer powersets but will not show in stats table , Of course full Dps build will not focus this so will not bother with cc .
    The distance and position to stand is explained nature has a step forward issue when casting some powers which will constantly pull toon to melee range if you don't pay attention , and gorila form is a big bulky brick so will soak any nearby projectile that would normally miss human form.

I'm only explaining the changes in the gorila form ,odd you used my gorila loadout that you told me was wrong a while back only swapping out vine lash for robot side kick and swapping in heatvision from shield to improvd from regular content loadout play ,we both know your testing these loadouts after harassing my gorila advice the advice you are now using , Atleast you finally put harvest in gorila from my advice haha.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you think that was your loadout then you are completely delusional. This is no where near the same loadout you provided. Again I’ll have to correct everything wrong with your post...

1: tanks and trolls do not need 8k Dom to cc things. They need the minimum Dom needed per instance. Every episode has a different Dom check so it’s not as simple as “get 8k Dom”.
    2: 25% of a healers resto does NOT go to dom. Where in the world did you hear that? If that were the case healers would be pulling things away from the tanks... I have to assume that you are mistaken for the formula for healing which takes into account 25% of your dominance for the healing equation.
    3: gorilla is NOT a big bulky brick. Yes you get a defense buff while in gorilla but the buff does not give you enough mitigation to take extra hits.
    4: as said about your gorilla loadout that you posted (which is terrible btw) is nothing like the one I posted so please do not compare the 2.
    5: every nature player has harvest in their transformation. If you think that was from your advice than you need to get your head checked. Unlike you, my harvest actually has a point. In your build you only have serpent call which means that harvest is useless because you are only refreshing 1 poison. In my build I have harvest refreshing 3 poisons are a time which means it has a place in my loadout and rotation.
    • Like x 2
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What's your movement mode?

If you are focusing on boss fights/single target for your Gorilla and you are acrobat using grapple line attack and ziptie attack with heat vision will net you more damage and give you better survivability than locked in a sonic shout and freezing breath animation or having to cancel them early to avoid damage and taking that penalty. Also sonic shout and freezing breath do not have the same range so you will have to be within 15m where freezing breath is 30m range. Voracious Plant will also be a damage loss on Gorilla, even if you are superspeed you would be better off running tornado pull.
    • Like x 2
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are referring to my post than you should reread it. This moves are not in gorilla but in wolf form and are there for range aoe as he requested. Those were not listed as boss fight abilities
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Good evening, I don't need to you infer what I meant please keep your replies to the OP and not to me. My point referring the channel abilities applies to Wolf, Sonic Shout is not a "range" ability. This is also why I started my response with my question to his choice of desired damage.

have a great night
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you HAPPEN to have brought up both freeze breath and sonic shout and how they are not good for ST boss fights after I posted on how to use them (even thou clearly stated it wasn’t for boss ST fights). And sonic shout is ranged. Not max range but still ranged.
  15. Walvine Well-Known Player

So your toxicity begins.

1 the 8k dom is officially recommend minimum by dcuo for t9 up go tell them they are wrong.
    2 the 25% restore to dom has never change from revamp it's literally written in stats table description of restoration stat vice versa 25% dom goes to restore again go tell dcuo they are wrong.
    3 Gorila 3d collision mesh is a big bulky brick tanks are not made from bricks excluding ceramic slate, bricks are brittle with out morta or cement to support them .
    4 Same loadout brat lol , Remember you said its terrible because it didnt have serpant call or poisons.
    5 Liar why would I use serpant call in poison ivy themed load out , its the lowest offence power and range weapon attack can generate super charge just as fast with how slow the cool down is with that power.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The recommended Dom for Metal II raids is 11,894. A typical Nature chatacter's Dom is going to be in the ballpark of 3,000 or lower. Either role.

The Shield Cap is the Base Shield Multiplier * (112.5% Restoration + 150% Dominance)

The defense buff on Gorilla is 12 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

1: no it is not.
    2: wrong again.
    3: ...
    4: not the same. And yes yours is still terrible for the many reasons I stated.
    5: there is so much wrong here I don’t know where to begin.

To the op:
    Apologies for derailing the thread. I’m done with this guy and is absolute terrible advice and loadouts. Just wanted to warn you ti never listen to him and many players would agree. At the end of the day it’s your loadout so feel free to use the one you like.
    • Like x 1
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Finally.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just lol
  20. Walvine Well-Known Player

Metal part 2 is not t9 it's t10.

Correct but why is crowd control knock back effect working in nature powers in the raids with low dom was the focus not the shield diffrence lol I see what you upto.

Correct same duration to the other transformations buffs ,Unfortunatley person going on about buffs before you misread that I was on about collision detection on 3d models , Basically gorila 3d collision is like big bulky brick so should position either side/flank of group to avoid any projectiles that would normally miss humanoid 3d model will most definetly hit the gorila collision field.