Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Do any of the people who keep saying this actually have any, y'know, proof? Seems like y'all just go on hear'say from random QQers who get it wrong 99% of the time. Been playing on PC for years, I come across speed hackers a couple of times a year at most and never encountered someone who has obviously been using macros, which by the way it is also possible to use on PS using programmable controllers. Seems like you're just jumping on the bandwagon of a popular misconception.
    • Like x 11
  2. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Can I be the first to say, being on the USPS server, I do NOT want to play with PC....if hacks are a reality, I'd say they are infinitely more likely and possible on a PC than on an entertainment console.
    • Like x 2
  3. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Can the PC population promise that they won't bring cheaters to the PS servers?
    You say you've seen speed hackers, I've been playing for 2 years on the PS, and haven't seen a single one using speedhacks.
    I've played enough games where the cheaters run rampant, and it makes the game not fun for everyone.

I know I haven't played in the PC servers(no reason to), I only judge base off what people say and what I see in videos, please tell me there's no cheaters/hackers currently in the PC server, so I'll feel better about cross play.
  4. Multiverse Creator League

Depends on the name.

As of rigth now... there is only ONE
    MAGNETOxxFirstClass
    Saturn Knight
    DarkDevil
    Red Warhawk
    Doombot 2099
    And various other names.

So those names are secured I guess.

But my
    Promethium Knight
    has a counterpart on the other server. So I guess the worst case scenario is that I may have to rename my Promethium Knight at some point. Which would not be a big deal.
    Or the other guy may have to rename his Promethium Knight.

The only other character I noticed that is both on PC and PS is my
    BATMANxxEARTH02.... but both are mine.... so I guess I will be able to decide which one I want to keep.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

There are indeed hackers but the claims that they run rampant are generated by the PC Players that have little to no idea how the combat system really works. Also, there is a Anti-Cheat program (or whatever it is) that runs checks when you play DCUO. They auto-flag accounts utilizing 3rd Party Software that can manipulate game play in DCUO. Once flagged and confirmed by a GM it doesn't take but a day or two and the user eats a ban. If they are repeat offenders they eat a perma ban.

Ever sense they implemented the Anti-Cheat stuff like 2 and a half years ago I see a Speed Hacker maybe once to twice a year if that. And I PVP a lot.
    • Like x 3
  6. Multiverse Creator League

As opposed to the Hacker we have been having on PS3 for some time now??
    We can even see his "exploits" on You tube from time to time.

If there is him..... you can be sure that there are others on PS.
    • Like x 2
  7. ZramTA New Player

Cmon Cmon! WE Cant play with US side really? EU side cant cross play pvp with US server? If its only pc with ps4/3 DONT even bother. The people want EU/US cross play well at least that majority. Answer please!! I will comeback & start paying legendary this game has the best pvp ive seen
  8. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

We don't have any of that on USPS that I'm aware of, and we don't need it. That's what I like about it...lol I don't want to deal with that on a server, which is the whole reason I avoided PC in the first place. Every MMO that's free to play on a PC opens itself up to hacks. Look at how hacked "battlenet" is. UNPLAYABLE.

The hack in the post just above this one btw, about the ps3 "hack." That wasn't a "hack," that was poor customer service imo.
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Crisis on DCUO: Earth PS & Earth PC...

Part of me day dreamed about it in the past when I breifly tried FF and realized it was pc and ps playing together. I can't say I'm looking forward to it for this game. I am curious about test server access.
    • Like x 2
  10. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Thanks for clarifying!
  11. Proxystar #Perception

That's unfair, not only are you calling 80% of PC players cheaters without proof, you're asking us to take responsibility for something that isn't ours to take.

We are not responsible for making sure people don't cheat, if the Devs want to cross platform the servers then you need to accept it and deal with it.

I think as long as things are handled fairly and reasonably when it comes to names, this is a productive move.I would expect for example the person losing the name might be given some compensation? some replay badges perhaps? a special trinket the devs make just for the occasion, there's ways to negotiate through things without starting a forest fire.

And also Mentos if you think the PS community is free from cheats, macro programmable controllers etc then you're living under a rock, no offense. But I'm certainly not going to start throwing around statistics I can't back up like 80%.
    • Like x 4
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'd rather see the USPS and EUPS merge it seems like that would be the less of two evils .
    • Like x 3
  13. ShadowGOJU New Player

Welcome to the Name Reclaim Fiasco of 2015!

First, I believe it was INTENTIONALLY not mentioned that you would be Merging the US servers WITH THIS PROCESS.

Second, This merger sounds like you can't afford to keep both going at the same time so you figure you'll just merge them to save time, effort and money. I fully understand those concerns, but why have them separate in the first place only to piss; virtually, EVERYONE off later down the road!? I know for a fact that this move will cost you more subs than you can possibly imagine and most of those will move on to other games because of it, and never look back. Some of those will even leave SOE altogether.

I understand that you have all these great plans for the game, but what good are they if there's no one to play it, but you guys; although enjoyable most of the time, playing with yourself, too much, will cause issues. Sadly, this may be the point where y'all jumped the shark but only time will tell.
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I didn't say 80% of the population was cheaters. Anyways, as long as you guys say that the hackers are getting caught immediately, then I'll be fine with it.

I do live under a rock...how'd you know?
    [IMG]
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They typically get caught within a few days. With a higher population reporting them due to a merge, that time also may reduce quite a bit.
  16. Leveilleur Well-Known Player

I for one am glad to hear about cross play as it is one of my favorite thjngs about ffxiv, aloowing pc and ps players to play together.
    • Like x 1
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

That is an issue that the PS server doesn't even worry about, but if they get caught fast, then it's great.
  18. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Besides the cluster ... on today's attempts at name changes..& wasted money on name change devices....

Cross play..good for population...

Bad for economies...they are nothing alike. Hope this is considered beforehand.
    • Like x 1
  19. AgentX44 Committed Player

are you asking if the USPC name that you created prior to the name reclaim that might be identical to another one in USPS (not your account) will get affected by the cross-play in the future? If so, then that is what Mepps was replying to in the previous post.

If not, then my bad for misunderstanding your question.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've read about hacking into PS systems. It's very possible, and it probably is not caught as easily due to less software evidence. With PC, at least there are ways to track the type of software interfacing with the game; on PS, the software would be more customized and thus more difficult to easily detect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.