Name Restrictions Broken

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by BustaPrime, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BustaPrime New Player

GMs need to fix it ASAP ppl are going to be running around with all kinds of annoying names
    • Like x 3
  2. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Man right now this thread has a rather generic title with an even more generic first post, you havent described what your talking about or posting for in the slightest?
    what exactly are you even talking about?
    How are they broken?
    In what way?
    Have you any examples?

To give you an example, this is like me posting a thread called "Feet glitched" and my first post saying "the feet my toon wears are glitched and dont fit". Im not slagging you btw, im merely pointing out the major flaw in this thread so you can rectify it and so maybe someone here can help.
    • Like x 4
  3. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

If you're saying that the names are rediculous then I hate to tell ya, that's just what the game thinks is normal. Seen a girl running around with the name Frost Snatch. Have a member with the name TheCattyin TheHatty.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I saw somebody called Swaghetti Yolonese today on EUPC and I just cracked up, it was hilarious.
    • Like x 1
  5. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Go with the 007 theme of names... I swear I saw an "Alottav Agina" running around in the Wastelands...
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are fixing. Thank you for the reports.
    • Like x 6
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mepps could you inform us of what exactly the thread is about? What kind of restriction is broken? Is it the character limit or something?
    • Like x 1
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I think its people can make random names that should other wise be restricted.
  9. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Mepps would you fix the specific name restrictions but allow us to create names with punctuation like they can on PC?
  10. BustaPrime New Player

Didn't wanna get specific for a reason, don't want it to get out of control. No character restrictions such as /(&&!?;)@"$!;>£*{]_~ that sorta thing
  11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

So what happens to characters with usually restricted characters in their names post fix?
    • Like x 1
  12. Mercenary Renegade New Player

Is this gonna affect all new names? I think symbols should be fine as long as they don't try to get away with cursing or anything offensive.
    • Like x 5
  13. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I agree with the above. I believe EU can have symbols in their names. Plus it would allow people to create good sounding names with the addition of a symbol considering almost all the original names are taken by people who haven't played in years.
    • Like x 5
  14. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Thats been going on for a long long time though. Im pretty sure I saw names like that when i started playing over 3yrs ago. But what choice do ppl have when theres no duplicate names allowed and theres no system in place with regards to inactive toons?

The best solution i saw for this was brought up in a different thread, that if a toon is inactive for over 6 months then its name should automatically change to a generic one (the example she gave was like NewToon105, NewToon106 etc etc). You'd be surprised how long it takes for some ppl tk just START this game because they spend so long trying to Name their toon due to most names being taken.

And lets face it, if you log onto your toon 7+ months apart, then your only using that toon as a Bank toon, so why would it matter if it lost its name? Names like Sůpermān or B@tman etc etc? Ye they should be fixed, but if you wanted something original like say "Molten Overdrive" but thats taken in 11 different ways already by ppl who dont even use 10 of those 11 toons, its either the solution above or just let them have Møltěn Øverdrivě.
  15. Ice Clown New Player

oh dam, didnt know u can still do it.. ima go try it
  16. CostanzaG Active Player

Why does anyone care what other people name their toons?
    • Like x 2
  17. xNohellz Committed Player

I saw somebody called "ImOnCrack" ...
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm still laughing at Swaghetti Yolonese.
    • Like x 6
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

So because a leaguemate of mine got excited and found out he can make a name (we are on USPS and previously you were unable to use special characters) using an exclamation point, he unknowingly used this bug lol
  20. Caleus New Player

I kind of wanna try this, in efforts to troll my leaguemates. :)