Name Restrictions Broken

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by BustaPrime, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

It's a devs' error that the name filter broke. It's totally a players fault though to use the bug by buying a rename token to get a fresh name that violates the EULA. If you read carefully I never stated "ban them all", I'm just talking about the small group who "willfully exploited" the devs' error. I also stated that I don't believe SOE will take the effort to identify these players; I just that by the rules and by ethics they should be banned. But as you stated repeatedly that I'm demanding a ban I guess you didn't read that.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kalito New Player

3. SilentGhostAlpha Well-Known Player

Lol Swaghetti Yolonese. That's a funny name.
    • Like x 1
  4. xNohellz Committed Player

yes USPS ahaha
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Saw a guy 2day named vicioustitdirt LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. Rurnax Active Player

If people are able to do the alt code accents you should let them theirs to many names its hard to come up with anything, say i wanted to be Bob i cant be......or even super bob lol. Yea you can type numbers "SuperJoe10000000" :eek:
  7. Protector New Player

The restrictions seem to be back in place, but as far as I can see nothing's been done to the names that got past the filter that are already in the game.
  8. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I can live with the players who renamed to "..." and ">:)" but the player in <Penthouse> league (one of Spartacus's alt leagues so if that "test server I pay attention to all things DCUO here's my video about feedback" has an alt league they should know about rules and what breaks the game) one player is using the name <b>Cold</b> and everytime he uses chat the fonts go Bold - Halla' Annoying nothing more or less I do not know the player but I do know this - as soon as he saw it, he should of reported and his name been changed by a GM being that oblivious to the obvious is not by mistake.

Long ago instead of letting them keep a borderline name I would see "Renamed514" the same as iffy league names that were renamed so just rename all accounts that use special chars and give them a rename token done problem solved - QQ.
  9. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I wanted to inquire about a name that says cannot be validated. I'm currently trying to use a respec I bought, but it keeps saying the name I want to use is invalid, and I can't figure out why it's not. Can you please assist me with this?

Thank you
  10. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to names and I find punctuation in names somewhat annoying. How are you suppose to say a name that is made with periods?
  11. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I instantly thought "To be continued" or "Suspense" even lol still clever at least ;).
  12. Cable Committed Player

So here we are two weeks later. Can we please get some kind of update as to what is happening with this?