Name Reclaim?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ereez, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Skull Collector Committed Player

I'm afraid that's not a valid excuse considering the plethora of names in this game that are flat out vulgar. The GM's need to run a monthly name scan for things like this. And trust me, there are plenty more than this. Pages and pages of them, including the actual spellings of these kinds of words. I could spend ten minutes and easily find names that are in direct violation of the rules, but no one working for DBG cares, apparently.

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters?keyword=cunnt
  2. Perseus Chase Committed Player

But that is their choice since they r all a Batman wannabe......can't really do much.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cunnt

noun, Slang: Vulgar.
    the vulva or ******.
    Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
    1. a contemptuous term used to refer to a woman.
    2. a term used to refer to a contemptible person.
    sexual intercourse with a woman.

in the link above just copy past and remove 1 N damn forums :mad:
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

point to last post is thats a body part not a drug ;)
  5. SparkmanX Committed Player

The same problem that you just mentioned has happened to me, although in the end I managed to put a name to my character after spending three hours brainstorming. About what you mention, I even did the homework to confirm if those names were being used by active players. What you said is true, many of those names have characters that are still in the tutorial. That pisses me off a lot.

Many players shield themselves by telling you to be more creative, yet many of the "creative" names they suggest do not sound good and are even difficult to pronounce. That is not the idea. There are very good names that can be used, but we are not allowed because someone else has it and that player does absolutely nothing with that name. In the end, it is about Make things right.

The subject you posted is not a baby cry as some have mentioned. It is a valid observation and at the same time a suggestion of a person with good taste. Each person can play in any way they want and maximize the potential that the game can provide, as long as it does not affect other players. What some players forget is that DCUO is one of those few games that emphasizes the style and promotes that you develop the history of your character, it is logical that some players like us would like to make a character that we like and feel an immersion in the game. I can not do this by putting any random name on my character.

Very good post.
    • Like x 3
  6. Skull Collector Committed Player

I'd argue it's not valid based on this quick search, and again, I'm sure there are many more.

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters?keyword=cocain
    http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters/hash
    http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters?keyword=hashplant

I'd also argue that the kinds of names I posted initially are much worse since they are clearly attempts at being offensive and vulgar. :oops: Hydro directly relates to a power source, whereas a vulgar slang word is only that.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

You wont this 1 GG :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Skull Collector Committed Player

Wait... wut? It was a contest? :eek: What did I win! :D
    Please tell me it's not Time Capsules. :(
    • Like x 2
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you get my 1256 time capsules lol
  10. Skull Collector Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

mixture of original, amazonian and qwardian

256 qwardian, 376 original, the rest are amazonian
    • Like x 1
  12. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Excellent answer!! You should consider putting this up in the guide section!!
  13. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

I was recently able to change to more iconic name, and usually can come up with something that sounds good enough. Still it's big shame that so many great names are used on level 1 character and someone is just sitting on those names! You don't see anyone here selling those names, you don't see them in game, aaand probably never will see name reclaim that would release names for players to use. :( Somehow owners are still active on other character since those names weren't freed in last reclaim.

Like for example I wanted a name Liberty Girl, great name used on level 5 hero that nobody ever playes, and is sitting forever in Brainiac Ship.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I sell you a cool name for the 376 original ones. And make on my end sure that those are 376 bucks Daybreak never earns ;)

You seem to not know the game at all. If the toon is level 5 and on the brainiac ship, somebody is running the tutorial a lot! (Since you end the tutorial at level 3 and nowaday get boosted to level 4 on leaving it; used to be leaving the ship with level 3, and mentioning that you can reach level 4 on the brainiac ship created outcries in threads).

So - either a lie, or the toon has seen lots of hours on the brainiac ship. I made my choice :p
  15. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Legit. I have 9 toons currently on Brainiacs ship. If they announced something you suggested, I would just move them off. I get to playing them eventually. One of my 188 toons spent a year in the ship. When they did the last name reclaim, I had friends who hadnt played over a year log on for a brief second to keep their name. So there is no guarantee you get the name that has been used for awhile.
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Naw Im trying to sale them all for in-game money tbh :p

as Im sure ppl missed out on those lovely feats and still want them it only helps hoarders like myself lol
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sold 349 for 3.7 mil a week or so ago lol
  18. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Exactly.

Many people share that same problem but trolls in this topic act like naming issues don't exist and will nonchalantly say that it has never took them long to name thier characters.

Pretending a problem doesn't exist, doesn't make the problem go away.
  19. Ereez Well-Known Player

You hit the nail on the head
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The best way (other than searching, using census tools ... players.dcuniverseonline.com, wavedox.com, dcuolive.com, dcuobloguide.com/tools/census/ ... and others) is to have a character in the game, and friend the name you're looking for:

/friend superman
    SUPERMAN has been added to your Friends List
    /unfriend superman
    /friend "the flash"
    "the flash" does not exist
    /friend the flash
    The Flash has been added to your Friends List
    /unfriend the flash
    /friend god
    god does not exist

So, if god wasn't a restricted word, you could create god, without going through the process of creation only to find out, he already exists.
    • Like x 1