Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. SmokeyBear Active Player

I appreciate all your hard work, I will need you all to reimburse me for all alcohol consumed on this reclaim day. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

This is totally off topic, but, stabilizers are 1$ a piece. For 30$ you can open 30 capsules. I don't know where you got your info and/or math.

Edit: If you're referring to 3 resurgence capsules, you get 9 capsules within each of those, so for 21$ you get 27 capsules.
    • Like x 1
  3. BennyKylejr New Player

The game is back on.
    • Like x 1
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Lot of people putting all their eggs in one basket here. To alleviate some of the issues inherent in doing so, get yourself another basket. Basket = something else in which to invest time, energy, and resources
  5. Esenlerr New Player

When will the servers open?
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I think it is a good thing this unforeseen error was caught before any damage could be done! Any additional time needed to make certain all goes as intended is absolutely understandable. Sometimes things just go squirrelly.
    • Like x 5
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Do I look like the Easter Bunny to you?!? :D
    • Like x 3
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  9. Joybird Committed Player

I'm a bit disappointed, though logging in once an hour at work isn't fun. Hopefully, this will happen on my day off next time. I only want a couple of names (one that I want to rename, and another concept charater that I want to make).

Unfortunatley 99% of names are going to be gobbled up by the name sellers, who are then going to spam /trade for the next several years selling them all. Is there any way to prevent this? I'd even be okay with only allowing the names to be taken by name change token.

Remember, the goal is to allow actively playing people to use the more desirable names. I *want* to see people running around with names like "Captain Awesome". It's better for everyone. The name reclaim should really be serving this end, and it won't be served if 99% of names get gobbled up by name sellers.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Does this mean if a friend of mine missed the before may 11th date to log in to save his name he still has time now since you pushed it back?
  11. Starburst Active Player

It's understandable for things to go wrong like this, but it getting pushed more than 2+ weeks later leaves a sour taste after the prep has been a month. I'm not heavy into game development/coding, would running new queries and changing the code take that long for real for anyone who knows?
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Can't say I'm not bummed.... It happens, tho. C'est le vie.

But, seriously, you couldn't have fixed the past mistakes, course corrected, and gotten this done today?

Sure... It might have taken twice as long to complete... but, at least, it would have been done at some point today.... THE DAY THOSE INTERESTED MADE PLANS TO PARTAKE IN THIS EVENT.... as opposed to have them wait another month to change plans, yet again, for another day??
    • Like x 1
  13. Whazues Well-Known Player

ok so your frustrated but you can't blame the company for any issues that no one not even the devs was able to foreseen happening. they literally state an issue that they was able to catch it in time otherwise the names being renamed would of had a huge backlash because they were names that their system started to take from active accounts. Now i get that personal days off is important but to get upset over an unforeseen issue happening is just reminds me of my 3 yr old nephew whom throws a temper tantrum whenever he doesn't get his way. Now while your entitled to do you, it is uncalled for to just blame the company and devs for an internal issue now they did say that they would have it working properly by June 1st so use common sense and exercise patience you'll get another shot at it are the 1st of next month. i took this as a sign that my expectations will always be temporary and then stretched out for multiple months and I for one half expected an issue to happen that will cause a delay in it. Thats just how these things go with 99% of MMO's the pring seasonal has been for its first week having some issues in gotham but also in the house of legends when talking to the ones that give you the quests that at times a player would have to interact with them like 3 or 4 times to finally have gotten the quests to pop up in the journal but it got patched so now that is not much of a performance issue with it. Now this is no exception to it and what we as the community can do about it is be patient and hope that that get it working with no major repeating issues cropping up in June. so at the end of the day throwing a tantrum over an unforeseen issue just shows that you have a personal problem with controlling your anger you might want to find an outlet for it instead of voicing it in the forums comments so this away you can look at it with a clear mind and be able to notice that it wasn't expected and that they caught part of the issue while diving into what the rest of the problems that helped cause the issue to happen. so here is hoping that you fully read and study what the devs say so you dont say like you did in your first comment about not understanding. Now your not a Dev for DCUO so getting so worked up will just not look so good for you. but like i said I get that taking a personal day off for events like this is important and great. But getting frustrated over something that the Devs didn't plan to happen just is not cool.
    • Like x 2
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Not a coder myself, but if I had to take wild guess, they hadn't prepped this at all - probably why they gave a 6 hour downtime window. When they went to do it, it probably took X amount of hours to just get to the point they got to, realized it was wrong, and then figured it would take way too long to fix and then re-do what they had done. So instead of extending the window and working on it another X amount of hours, they just said 'forget it' and worked on cleaning it up / reversing what they had done, and brought the world back up.

Hopefully they learned from this and it will go smoothly next time.
  15. Miahztwin Committed Player

I don’t understand what you’re going on about. You’re literally mocking people that took time off for a game that you obviously invest time in. So what’s the difference? You’re literally on here preaching from a high horse. People that pay into this game or play this game are entitled to their opinion on the matter. Their emotions are validated, it’s a business. If Amazon kept delaying a package that you ordered for a specific time, are they not accountable for their inability? I don’t want to assume you are young. But I can’t help but get that feeling that you are. Nonetheless have a nice day.
    • Like x 2
  16. Whazues Well-Known Player

well when it comes to coding there is tons to go through to solve all the issues connected to this specific problem. so yea that would take more than 2 weeks which is why they said that they should be able to have it working on the 1st of June.
  17. Whazues Well-Known Player

thats why im not getting upset over this because it wasn't a guarantee that it would be up and going with no issues that could possibly delay it
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are kind of on an Easter Bunny theme here....

Bunny...Money? EasterMoney?
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Accounts affected are anyone that has not logged in since April 2022
  20. Whazues Well-Known Player

they'd still have to keep the servers down until they can make sure that they got all of it to stop others some active accounts might have all their toons not show their names and then a backlash of 95% of the players will just complain that the down time reclaim name thing screwed them over