My thoughts on art swapping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Oct 27, 2023.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I know this is not going to be popular, but I don't think we should be able to swap artifacts and here's why. If the devs wanted us to use more than 3 arts at a time they would have given us more than 3 artifact slots. Art swapping is nothing more than a cheap exploit and if you are doing this you are basically cheating.

Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 5
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except it’s not an exploit and they have already said as much.

I don’t art swap and do not care if someone else does. Atm the only players who can put dps me are those who swap effectively. And if they invested that much into those extra arts than good for them. Most who swap actually lose damage since they can’t do it properly. And it’s funny seeing when that happens lol. So good on them for playing inventory management online. Doesn’t affect me.
    • Like x 5
  3. Popeyes Active Player

Ya I just cringed reading this.
  4. GGreenie New Player

Swapping arts is intended.
    Benefitting from an artifact while NOT having it equipped is not intended and is what we have. As for now there are no technological means to change it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

People do anything to get top damage that doesn't benefit.
    Especially in PvP. People do anything to win that actually doesn't benefit.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It does look like something that would be an exploit.... but the Devs are ok with this.

Easy to understand why.

If you use only 3 Artifacts.... odds are you will spend $$$ to upgrade only 3 Artifacts. Assuming that you do spend $$$ on Artifacts,

But if you can Art Swap..... you may spend $$$ on 4?? 5?? 26 Artifacts??

So there is some $$$ incentives to allow Art Swapping.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ranmaru Developer

We have gotten exceedingly efficient at making these threads, the current developer stance hasn't changed since last time. While there are some parts of artifact swapping that I find unsavory and some exploits that will eventually be fixed but as they are items in your inventory and we don't stop you from swapping items in your inventory.
    • Like x 15
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It certainly isn't intended in the way that its actually being used. It was just intentional for them to allow you to change your equipment without restriction and they just didn't have the foresight to see this coming.

It isn't really that game breaking though. Its mostly suicidal unless you know the instance like the back of your hand. When you get to that point... the game is probably barely fun and mostly a job anyway so the people who abuse it aren't lessening their entertainment by doing so.

It's helping the game by encouraging people to spend more money on arts. Most of the people kicking your butt probably aren't even doing it and even if they are... its not helping as much as you think it is.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

If someone is that hard up over an irrelevant number on the SB...then they can live in their inventory. Don't care. The Devs have already made their stance on the subject, and even though some of the arts aren't working as intended...it doesn't appear they are in that much of a hurry to correct it either.

A good DPS doesn't need it to be honest.
    • Like x 5
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

#FlightDPSWhoDoesNotSwap
    • Like x 7
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Seems like cheating to me so i don't do it but i guess if you guys are fine with it then i'm fine with it too but i'm still not gonna do it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

You literally had a green name tell you it wasn’t cheating - so it should no longer “seem” like cheating.

It isn’t cheating.

You’re entitled to your own opinions. You’re not entitled to your own facts.
    • Like x 3
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Eh, gray area. They also said some of it they consider exploits, but didn't really say which parts. I take it to mean, "enjoy it while it lasts." I'd also read that as, if you haven't leveled things up to start swapping, you might want to reconsider what you level because things might not work like they do today forever.
    • Like x 2
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Oh... It is cheating.... in the sense that you're utilizing an exploit that wasn't intended for the game....

It's just allowed because it's profitable for the game.

It's a cheat that is permitted... FACT.

Edit: Also permitted....for now...

as the person in green also said that some aspects are found to be unsavory.... and exploits will be fixed...

Ignoring facts also creates your own facts.
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

The OP:

“ Art swapping is nothing more than a cheap exploit and if you are doing this you are basically cheating.”

Ranmaru:

“… the current developer stance hasn't changed since last time.”

“… but as they are items in your inventory and we don't stop you from swapping items in your inventory.”

Whatever your thoughts and opinions are (I also agree with the unsavoriness of certain effects), the important “meat” here is still the same…they are working as intended (with possibilities of edge cases or one-offs to be addressed as the devs see fit).

It’s not cheating, don’t do it if you don’t want to…no one is forcing you to, but drop the act and the misinformation agenda that art swapping is cheating.
    • Like x 4
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Pointless post … cause what you said is what he did here “seems like cheating” is his acknowledgement that he himself believes it to be but based only on his opinion which you were nice enough to allow him the permission to have his own opinion, it wasn’t him stating n it as a fact

“seems like” is the keyword there and the difference between him saying definitively it was cheating and him saying he felt like it was cheating.

If you read it as he wrote it, then there is no way you could come to the conclusion that he stated it as a fact that it was cheating.

So not sure why you felt the need to tell him something that is clear in his post he already knows.
    • Like x 3
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If someone said the day clear (blue) sky seemed like it was pink with white pole dots would that mean anything? Matter of opinion is based on personal preferences not question of something clearly confirmed. IE art swapping is not cheating. So it “seems like cheating” isn’t a viable term as it was clearly stated to not be. Saying “feels cheesy” would be more based on personal preference. So yes, plows statement remains true.
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

Can you be “a little bit pregnant?”
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That’s a lot of nonsense you just spewed…

What plow said is exactly what he did regardless how you wanna spin it, he never said it as a fact he said it from an opinion whether you agree with him or not he used the right words to show it is from a personal opinion and not a place of fact… you like to tell people about reading comprehension… so I d take your own advice here, defending your friend when he is infact wrong here is silly.
    • Like x 3
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don’t know? Can a man be a woman and a woman be a man? What is the point of your silly question?

You say he is entitled to his opinion them… is he or isn’t he … he’s stating an opinion and not a fact, in that particular post that you quoted him in.

So are you just attacking someone cause you don’t agree with them and finding any nonsense you can to belittle his stance, or are you just not smart enough to realize he stated it as an opinion using the words needed to infer that it is infact his opinion? Which is it?
    • Like x 1