Movement should match their Personality

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Neph, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Neph Dedicated Player

Just like the emotes are geared toward what you chose, like primal people breakdance and powerful people knod their head. Well I think their flight, acrobatic and running should reflect their personality...

For fliers:
    Powerful: two hands in front when in flight
    Serious: hands at sides and move closer or further from body when changing direction
    Primal: hands and feet apart, violently moving when changing direction
    Comical: swimming motion when going slow or flapping arms like a bird
    Flirty: Miss Universe type waving as he/she flies, blowing kisses for girls, saluting for boys, whatever

For Speedsters:
    Powerful: fists clenched, leaning more into the run
    Serious: hands tucked in close
    Primal: run on all fours, not like Grodd, but the hands and feet would take long strides like a cheetah
    Comical: knees would be higher and the head would be leaning back, with legs out in front
    Flirty: again, waving to the crowd periodically

For Acrobats:

Powerful: fists clenched, leaning more into the run
    Serious: hands stretched out behind them
    Primal: gallop on all fours, not like Grodd, but the hands and feet would take long strides like a horse
    Comical: skipping
    Flirty: running gracefully like a ballet dancer

And these suggestions would only be for those who would like to see a change in the movement, you can decide whether you want the default (which is how you move now in the game) or to use a token of sorts to change or adapt to the new styles.
    • Like x 95
  2. Eranthis New Player

i agree i be a speedster fighting a flight person -.- TOTAL unfair
  3. Neph Dedicated Player

I think it would add a level of customization that would further allow for players to really explore who their RP character really is. Just like when they added the different character size options, even thought they are the same build, it did help to add some diversity...
    • Like x 1
  4. Zizzi New Player

Agree with this!
  5. FrozinFlamez New Player

I totally agree with this, I also think that flight should have a double jump of some kind just like super speed and acrobatics.
  6. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

What Does flight need a double jump for, you're flying in the air.
    • Like x 8
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

This is an awesome idea! I would love to see this!
  8. FrozinFlamez New Player

Ti
    With double jump we will beable to get into the air twice as fast especially when your getting attacked by multiple enemies.
  9. Mister Fox New Player

I'd frickin' love to skip around!
    • Like x 1
  10. MrAFK New Player

i agree this will awesome and it will make my toon more unique
    • Like x 1
  11. Neph Dedicated Player

I don't think it would take that much for one of their in-house animators to set up and for another to program into the game...
  12. Zizzi New Player

I can't help thinking how hilarious the comical flying would be xD
    • Like x 1
  13. The Sleet Well-Known Player

14. Mini Lini Loyal Player

There was a similar thread on old PC forum... Never got a comment on it though.

Agree with this, except... waving sounds a little weird for Flirty.. All my chars are flirty so XD
    • Like x 1
  15. Neph Dedicated Player

I posted this from teh old PC and PS3 forums a long time ago, since the forums moved, I kept the text and just copy and pasted. I still think this would be a great addition to the game and add some more FLAVAH!
    • Like x 1
  16. BadHansel New Player

very cool ideas!!!
  17. Neph Dedicated Player

thanks!
  18. Powerman New Player

To date, acrobat is the most entertaining movement mode. I get so sleepy sometimes with my flier, would be nice to add something else to look at during the animation. At least have the guy move his arms around as he is banking or roll when he is being chased or chasing someone, lol
    • Like x 1
  19. thePankakeManne New Player

I definitely agree with this, but I think you should be able choose which "personality" your movement mode has regardless of your character's personality. For example, you could have the "comical" flight with a "primal" personality, or a "serious" acrobatics with a "powerful" personality, or any other combination one could think of.
    • Like x 1
  20. Death Throe New Player

Like a ninja!