Monstrous Essence Needs a Fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crimson Veil, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

These should be tradable or at least account bound....or the very least in the vendor

I have a toon that I do all of my crafting on, but that toon is not at end-game level so that toon cannot get monstrous essence from salvaged gear (I think thats the only way it is obtained?), and my main cannot pass theirs over...

Also, mods are a money making opportunity for the bit farmers out there, and not being able to buy those or at least consolidate the ones they get on all their toons messes that opportunity up for people
    • Like x 28
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Agreed 100%. I feel they should be tradable for the reasons you stated.

I dislike the pressure of having to use my Monstrous Essences if I want to build mods for my alts or friends. I also dislike how it discourages people from making mods for each other, too.

The community needs as many avenues to make money as possible, seeing as the developers remain committed to ensuring that the vast majority of the population can't partake in the economy due to stringent limitations on currency.

I don't think making them tradable would undermine their purpose.
    • Like x 16
  3. quirkers Well-Known Player

That was one of the questions I asked on Nov 11 #ask-dcuo office hours:

[6:42 PM] Quirkers: @Mepps Will the Monstrous Essence be tradeable at any point? Or will there be a way for leaguemate, friends or strangers in WT be allowed to mod for people without using up their materials.

[6:43 PM] Mepps: ....snip...(responses to other questions)
    @Quirkers We do not have plans to change the essences, but I know the systems team is reviewing the comments.

I would just encourage people to continue to comment/advocate/discuss for this change and see where it goes :oops:
    • Like x 4
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I support this.
  5. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the whole crafting thing is just to much!
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

It's because of the feat and to keep pushing the grind, look it's clear by now the whole grind aspect of the episode is out of control, it's way too much for so little content, and the worst part is that it's only to artificially make the episode seem long. And it wont change anytime soon, from here on out it's full power ahead for stats, the system will probably (and hopefully because I think most will barely handle the grind now, imagine another episode with the same formula) change by Episode 28, but for now all hands are on stats so no sense in trying to get anything changed for now, specially things we've been telling them for almost a month that need change (remember how long it took for gear crafting to get any changes).
    • Like x 1
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I guess monstrous essences are supposed to be the AF3 equivalent of scraps.
    • Like x 1
  9. WildcatHunter Committed Player

You couldn't trade crafted gear you can trade a mod. I get what you are saying but no reason to not have these items character locked. As many have mentioned it discourages leagues from having a mod crafter and kills people who would like to have a crafting main make mods and sell on broker.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Good point about the mods being tradable. If something you can craft is tradable then every component thereof should also be tradable. It's just common sense.
    • Like x 4
  11. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Yeah, i hadn't even thought about league crafters. That is pretty common, I've been on a couple leagues that worked that way. So, another reason this needs to be fixed
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

I honestly dont understand the logic. You can trade the new purple gear that drops in the new TC but you cant trade monstrous essence.
    I cant even craft mods due to the poor salvage rate of the monstrous essence. I created my first mod yesterday and that was after using 400 Replay badges to get just drops.

Pretty sure devs said they wanted to make crafting easier. But now it seems exobytes are a non factor now. At least make the essence purchasable via MoV or in game cash, or triple the drop rate from salvaging.
    • Like x 9
  13. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

I made my first mod for my base and I can tell you this, I will not be making any more base mods. The amount of Monstrous Essence it take to make one, just one is crazy.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This DLC turned a lot of return players off. LFG on villain usps is almost the same as a week ago
    • Like x 2
  15. quirkers Well-Known Player

Does anyone know if a reason was given as to why it was made untradeable?

It can't be feats, at least I don' think so, since purchasing shouldn't affect the crafting feat (though you can buy bombshell, furniture, and etc... that count toward feats).
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

i cant see a single understandable reason behind this...
    • Like x 1
  17. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

$$$$

Thats why its not tradeable.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Take a look at the mods. They are only worth making once. They are for a feat. They are not really meant to replace 8 mods. Just look at the small stats. Why waste your time?
    • Like x 4
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

After you made the mod. Did your face drop when you saw the horrible stats on a mod that takes so much material?
    • Like x 2
  20. Kal~el Committed Player

Yeah this makes no sense at all. For you to craft the Amazon mods you now need to have the plan on every toon you have. Why? It has never been that way but for some strange reason they did it with this DLC. Then to top it off the stats are not any better. You would think with the amount of material needed you toon would get better stats or get a special trait.

I made two restoration amazonian mods only because I had the material and I placed them on my 165 rings. Once I have to remove them because I get better gear I will not make them again. Heck you cannot even get the mod back when you remove it they only allow you to have the bytes.

Just not worth it.
    • Like x 2