Minor adjustments to the Venom Wrist Dispenser

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fwames, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Fwames Well-Known Player

Since I don't have enough privilege to post on test I'll post it here.

Credits to Shiny Mackerel
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...o-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/#post-2643332

I've been testing most weapons for a while even before the recent nerfs. I've been doing this not to find a weapon to top the charts but to find different varieties in gameplay with both weapons and abilities.

To keep it short. We all know the some weapons aren't suitable with some powersets hence the creation of a cookie cutter meta to cater the majority. As for the current meta of precision based play, the Trans, Strat and VWD seems ubiquitous as previous tests done by players proved it to be one of most optimal builds. However, these tests are conducted mostly by using meta weapon combos such as the 2H Doomspin and DW Flurry Shot. Now with the recent nerfs to these specific combos, I surmised that it is time to bring this up.

The venom wrist dispenser as I've mention have become one of the staple artifacts for most precision based gameplay, with emphasis on "most". The issue with the VWD not being compatible with some precision based gameplay is due to it's 6 second window. Some of the weapon combos as presented in the findings of Shiny Mackerel (link above) goes beyond that 6 second window. Such combos are as follows;

Dual pistols
    Full Auto 10.8 secs
    Loft shot to DP combo variants 6.4 to 7.8 secs
    Loft shot to meteor blast 6.1 secs
    Loft shot to ultra flurry 8.3

Dual Wield
    Ultra flurry 9.8 secs

Shield
    Handspring kick variants 6.1 to 6.6 secs

2 handed
    Mega smash 6.6 secs

*Values presented are the non-clipped version of the combos. Some combos may or may not exceed the 6 second window of the VWD.

As presented, some combos exceed the 6 sec window, thus making VWD not beneficial to these weapon combos. This is quite apparent in the Mega Smash since you have to fully charge it for that new added damage. We can forget all the other combos that exceed the 6 sec windown since realistically none uses them.

So my proposal is to increase the duration of the VWD to 8 secs to accommodate and justify the use of the buffed Mega Smash (also since realistically again no one uses them so idk, but really? Mega smash?, why also 8 secs if mega smash is only 6.6 so why not 7 secs? Because 8 secs is an even number and I don't like odd numbers but for real i've been testing lunge distances and the duration of the whole mega smash thing and have found that at the farthest distance possible there was and addistional 0.7 to 0.9 increase in the duration of the whole combo making it almosy 8 secs in total.)
    • Like x 2
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It needs a damage increase too
  3. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I don't think extending the effect to 8 seconds is a good idea. This would make it more useful for some weapons/combos, but it would also make it that much better for the quick-hitting weapons and combos that already benefit from it. Not every artifact is good for every gameplay style, if you don't want to use a weapon that gets max benefits from VWD then I'd recommend nit using VWD- it's hardly the game-breaking must-have artifact it used to be and can be replaced with a few artifacts for similar or even sometimes improved damage over what you're getting with it.
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Besides grim, what art can replace VWD?
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Well any artifact can replace it, as for having competitive damage grim is the first that comes to mind but my point is it's not essential anymore.
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

There’s no other prec specific art that will benefit precision builds more than VWD because the rest are horrible artifacts, and that says a lot since VWD isn’t that good itself. And if you’re using a clip intensive build grim isn’t even good because the base power stats
    are low, so you’ll struggle with keeping power
  7. Requake Dedicated Player

What kind of 'clip intensive build' are you referring to?

Best case scenario with a VWD at rank200 you get a 16% buff, did you also know a 'normal troll' (without Claw) gives a 20% (!) precision buff to the 4 people with the highest % power?

I'm just not sure if it can buff max. 4 people or if it can buff multiple people all the time so you could technically buff 7 people (excluding yourself)

If you use 'the grim' at rank200 it will not decrease your power regen, VWD won't decrease your power regen (As you wont use it in this scenario), so chances are that you will have more power.

Thus increasing the chance that you will get the troll buff, which is
    1. A bigger buff
    2. Doesn't cost you anything (no power, no animation, ..), it will just be there.

Not really viable all the time but honorable mention;
    If you have a troll running claw, everyone gets this buff anyways (not even looking at all the extra stats you get)

So next to using a heavy hitter + prec buff (and perhaps a RS summon), I don't see the point in having a 'clip intensive build'?
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The troll buff is overrated, if it added such a huge benefit then there would be way more weapons being viable at. These two over performing weapons has everyone thinking that said buff is creating a noticeable margin between might and precision, but that’s not the case..

The grim will decrease your power, because Compared to VWD, it’s *base power* stats are lower, noticeable enough for me to realize I can’t be sufficient with power while using it with my melee build.

It’s a rarity to find any troll running claw, or any other buffing build, so this argument isn’t an argument at all.

The only viable “heavy hitter” weapon you had in the game was two handed, there isn’t any other options. And prec builds aren’t just combos+ weapon buff, that was only for doomspin. Everything else is being clipped with a power. And I have a clip heavy build because it’s a strong build (skillfull and fun too), I can compete with anything with the build I made, might not be top always, but still decent damage